Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Special Halloween Giveaway 2023!

Creator: Hades4u October 24, 2023 6:34am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Melancholy
<Member>
Melancholy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2023 6:56pm | Report
I had this idea for a few days from now, and I found this giveaway as the perfect motivation to draw it.
Happy Halloween!

https://imgur.com/a/hpKKHiA
TofuCat111
<Member>
TofuCat111's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2023 3:16am | Report
Hi Everyone!

My favourite movie has to be "The Shining" directed by Stanley Kubrick. This classic film is based on the 1977 novel by Stephen King and is renowned for its eerie atmosphere and psychological horror. It is a bit old, being released in 1980, however I truly believe that the film is a timeless piece and a must watch for every fan of the horror genre. It is a masterclass in creating tension and has some iconic moments that have become deeply ingrained in popular culture, and incredibly influential within the genre.

I will refrain from delving into any plot details, as I believe that this film is best experienced with little prior knowledge, allowing Stanley Kubrick's true directing brilliance to shine through. I particularly like its rich symbolism, and it helps make the film even more special when rewatching and adds a further layer of depth (do keep a lookout).

Revisiting this film has become a cherished personal tradition every Halloween, and you can be certain it will be playing on my television screen this October 31st as I eagerly await the arrival of trick-or-treaters. "The Shining" serves as a timeless horror and still manages to send shivers down my spine, and keep me on the edge of my seat. I've watched it over 5 times, and I encourage you do too, it has truly become an essential part of my Halloween experience.
DivineMyth333
<Member>
DivineMyth333's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2023 3:49am | Report
A few years ago, I decided to host a Halloween movie night for some friends. We set up a cozy viewing area in the living room, complete with bean bags and dimmed lights. As the night began, we started with some light-hearted classics and my favourite, an episode of “Stranger Things”. As the evening progressed, we moved on to more intense horror movies like "The Shining". With each film, our group's reactions grew from laughter to genuine scares and fear.

As the Halloween movie night continued, in between films we decided to take a break to refill our snacks and strech. I disappeared into my room to grab my halloween costume, a mask with a ghoul-like face with glowing eyes. I tiptoed back into the living room and waited for just the right moment. As the tension in the room built during a particularly suspenseful scene, I seized the opportunity and silently entered the room, creeping up behind my unsuspecting friends (the lights where turned off so no one could see me). At precisely the right moment, I let out a ghostly wail corresponding with the jump scare (I had watched the move before). My friends jumped in their seats, and most shrieked in terror, in response to the jump scare, and a real physical sensation. The memory of my friends' expressions is still crystal clear, and we couldn’t stop laughing afterwards. This Halloween experience ranks among the best I've ever had.

Hosting an annual tradition of these movie nights has become a Halloween staple. After this experience, my friends have grown wise to my tricks, and every time I excuse myself from the room, they think I'm going to scare them. Regardless, it has become another lighthearted inside joke that we all look forward to everytime we watch haloween movies.
ppancake1212
<Member>
ppancake1212's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2023 5:05am | Report
To be frank, I am not the biggest fan of Candy, I do however enjoy the nice chocolate from time to time. Upon a visit to Belgium pre-covid, I took a liking to Leonidas which is a renowned Belgian chocolate brand known for its high-quality pralines and chocolates. I do not know about other places in the world, but they are near impossible to find/buy here in Australia (without paying $100 plus). I find that what sets Leonidas chocolates apart is the use of premium ingredients and a strong/nutty chocolate taste that is unlike anything I have tasted before. The exquisite craftsmanship that goes into creating these delightful sweets and the 900 years of tradition further add to this greatness. While they may not be the typical Halloween candy one finds in a trick-or-treat bag (as they are hard to get outside of Belgium and quite expensive), they are certainly a luxurious treat to enjoy, particularly during the Halloween season or any time of the year to reward yourself. If you ever have the opportunity to try, I highly recommend it.
TutanBest
<Member>
TutanBest's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2023 8:14am | Report
Hellooo!! I hope you have a scary Halloween this year :D
sir-arthur-conan
<Member>
sir-arthur-conan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2023 1:56pm | Report
My two main champs "Bewitching" Tristana and "Sugar Rush" Ziggs. Happy Halloween everyone :)
MMinty
<Member>
MMinty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2023 12:38am | Report
I hold a profound admiration for Jordan Peele's horror films and wholeheartedly recommend them. You might recognize him from his widely popular comedy sketch series, "Key & Peele," or have come across some of his comedic work. It's quite remarkable to imagine such a substantial shift in genre and content produced, to go from a cheesy comedy sketch to hardcore horror films, but I've discovered that his unique style of directing and storytelling was incredibly engrossing. Most of his horror films are nothing short of exceptional, showcasing his versatility and creative prowess.

Among his works, my personal favorite is "Get Out," a thought-provoking and genre-defying film that was released in 2017. This horror-thriller has enthralled audiences with its remarkable fusion of social commentary and traditional horror elements, establishing itself as a standout contribution to the genre. What I particularly enjoyed is how it addresses insidious and deeply rooted racism that still exists in society. The film uses horror as a metaphor to explore the experience of being an outsider, and Peele skillfully weaves together a narrative that blends the horror of racism with traditional horror elements.

I recommend some of his other works including his new film that you can watch on Netflix called “Nope”. I also particularly enjoyed “US”, which is similar in how it fuses traditional elements of horror with racial commentary. I would recommend this one if you enjoyed “Get Out”.
Kazuha4247
<Member>
Kazuha4247's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2023 1:34am | Report
Me and my friends have a tradition every year on Halloween in which a couple of us will come together and choose a friend to 'kidnap', we would always get the funniest looks from onlookers who were unsure if they were actually getting kidnapped.

One Halloween, all of us came together like we did every year and we had planned on pranking one of our friends who was going trick-or-treating with their little sister that evening. One of the guys in the group was able to figure out that our friend was going to be wearing a ghost costume for the night so we figured out kidnapping him when he had his costume on would be the easiest. That night, the 8 of us pulled up to his neighbourhood in a big van and we spotted the ghost costume next to his younger sister. Full of adrenaline, we pulled up right next to them, quickly throwing a pillow cover over his. Out of nowhere, we heard a deep shout coming from inside the pillowcase. All of us knew instantly that we had gotten the wrong person. We quickly freed the stranger who was revealed to be our friend's dad. It's obvious how our parents didn't allow us to pull of the same stunt in the following years but its a story that always comes up when the 9 of us reunite.
EnderManSlayer
<Member>
EnderManSlayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2023 3:25am | Report
My favorite movie is one that my school used to always put on for Halloween called Gremlins. Everytime I watch it I get a wave of nostalgia, and even though it is not really scary horror, there are the occasional jump scares, and halloween-like themes. The movie is more appropriate for kids than the other horror movies. Gremlins follows the story of a young man named Billy who receives a creature called a Mogwai as a Christmas gift. There are three important rules: no bright lights, no water, and no feeding after midnight. These rules get broken, and chaos occurs when tons of mischievous creatures spawn. I won't spoil any more, and let you find out the rest, hopefully the encourages you to check it out. It's always rings a laugh to my face. There are 3 movies so be sure to check those out if you enjoyed this one. Happy Halloween Everyone!
Fien
<Member>
Fien's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2023 4:18am | Report
For Halloween i like to watch a scary movie late at night with my friends. A good film to watch at halloween is bird box. It's very popular and you might have already seen it but the film is great. Very scary with a cool plottwist. If you want a more funny movie watch scary movie. I laughed alot while watching it. Not intrested? Watch a the nun or the conjurer. It takes long to watch but stranger things is also very cool, it is a series tho. Have fun watching!

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide