Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Notifications System, Mentions & Other Updates

Creator: Mowen November 29, 2016 5:07pm
1 2 3 4 5
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 5:07pm | Report

We're happy to announce an update to our old Subscriptions system. This new system has many more features, so it has been renamed to "Notifications" with the Subscription system as a subfeature.

Activity Notifications

With this update you will receive notifications for comments and activity on your content. Guides, threads, questions, comments, blogs, etc! Now there is an easy way to know when other MOBAFire members respond to or favorite your content.

Look for the bell icon in the top right. If it lights up that means you have a new notification!

If you do not want to receive all types of notifications you can selectively enable or disable different notification types in your notification settings tab.

Subscription Notifications

The Subscriptions system is unchanged, but your subscriptions notifications will now be housed in a tab on your Notifications page.

You can subscribe to threads or comment feeds and receive notifications when a user posts in those feeds. Just hit the "Subscribe" button on any thread or comment feed!

Friends and Friend Notifications

You can now mark other MOBAFire members as a friend and receive notifications based on their activity. Just hit the "Friend" button on a user's profile page to mark them as your friend!

Get notifications whenever your friends post content, update their guides, etc! Friend notifications include their avatar to easily identify which of your friends the notification is for.

If for whatever reason you don't want other members to receive activity updates from you there are options in the notifications settings to selectively enable or disable what kind of content other users can follow from you.

Email Notifications

In addition to on-site notifications, you now have the option to receive email updates for MOBAFire activity! Top level guide comments, commendations, and answers to questions are enabled by default, but you can enable or disable whatever types of content notifications you want in your Notification settings.

Mentions Feature

Another new feature we're excited to share with you is mentions! Simply type @username and you will get a popup to select the user you want to notify. This will create the mention bbcode for you ( [mention=username] ) and send a notification to the user you mentioned. Easily get someone's attention with this nifty new feature, or provide a quick link to their profile for other members. :)

If you find that you're simply too popular to receive mention notifications you can disable or enable them in your Notification settings.

Ad Updates

As always, MOBAFire strives to improve the ad experience for our users. As part of the general improvements we've been working on we've added a new "Report Ad" button to the bottom right of every ad. Hitting this button on ads that are breaking our guidelines (no auto playing audio, no heavy video ads, no adult material, etc) will report the ad to us and allow us to easily remove it.

We have also added a small message requesting ad block users to whitelist MOBAFire. As you all know we rely on ads to keep our sites running and we appreciate each and every user that helps support us by whitelisting us!

Misc Updates

Tables now have the border and border-radius parameters. Give your tables borders using the format border="1px solid #000000" etc. Border radius gives your table rounded corners, the higher the radius the more round the corner (ex: border-radius="5px").

I have borders and border radiuses, huzzah!!!

Code!

We have also updated the standard color set for fonts, replacing Dark Yellow and Purple by Gold and - a new shade of - Purple, a great suggestion from our SMITEFire mod, Zilby. :)

We hope you've enjoyed these updates, and as always please leave any feedback or suggestions that come to mind!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 5:14pm | Report
first
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Elusive Ferret's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 5:15pm | Report
Wicked update. Love all the changes/additions :)
I can't take back the words I never said
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 5:28pm | Report
Thanks Ferret! Just wanted to post to say that I did get 1 weird notification that the team isn't able to replicate / figure out why I got it. So, if anybody else gets a seemingly random notification or finds any other bugs please let us know!

If you do get a notification that seems weird to you please link us to the content it was notifying you for (just click it to go to it, then copy the url) and let us know what type of notification it was! (favorite, comment, forum reply, etc)
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 5:44pm | Report
My pleasure Mowen! :)

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any bugs or weird notifications and report them immediately! :D
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 5:51pm | Report
Also, you definitely changed something here too right? I'm not going crazy? At a guess I think they weren't capitalised before :D

Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 6:28pm | Report
Looks like a lot of great additions.
Spoiler: Click to view

Your rep status is capitalising itself to look bigger (?)
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 6:30pm | Report
Pr sure the text on the right wasn't all capitalised? I swear it was just User, Notable, Online...

This is gunna bug me until I find out haha
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 6:38pm | Report
Mowen wrote:
Thanks Ferret! Just wanted to post to say that I did get 1 weird notification that the team isn't able to replicate / figure out why I got it. So, if anybody else gets a seemingly random notification or finds any other bugs please let us know!

I'm getting this but there's no notification I can mark as read to get rid of it, is that what you mean?

Well I think I know what triggered it, I marked every notification on this thread as read except for the last one, which I just clicked to link me to here. When I arrived to the thread I had that notification sign still and it won't go away.

So I think if you mark several notifications as read but then get linked to the thread by the last one, the last one doesn't get marked off your notifications but you can't manually mark it as read because it won't actually show up in your notifications as you already visited the thread.

Hope that helps!
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 6:53pm | Report
Pr sure the text on the right wasn't all capitalised? I swear it was just User, Notable, Online...

This is gunna bug me until I find out haha

I WAS RIGHT!!!

< OLD < NEW

Knew I sensed something was different, my eyes never fail me!
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide