Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Update: Option to require a comment before...

Creator: Matt January 9, 2011 9:08pm
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 2:49am | Report
"Snake..? Snake?! SNAAAAAAKEEEEEEE!!!"
TheGluttony
<Member>
TheGluttony's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 3:06am | Report
I just activated this on my build, it will probably cost me some votes but will also prevent a lot of trolling.

A great option! Thanks a bunch Matt. :D
Visfarix
<Member>
Visfarix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 7:30am | Report
This new vote system? The new vote system is truly outrageous. It is truly, truly, truly outrageous
Diego
<Member>
Diego's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 8:38am | Report
I finally have incentive on writing my guide! Looking forward to it, thanks Matt & Co.

^^^^^^^
Magical portal! (click it)
I'm not Jesus, but I can turn water into Kool-Aid
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 9:09am | Report
I can somehow see someone making a valid point "Valid points, for that reason -1." then they will go to their guides "that's funny i don't think these work -1 Back *****!"
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 11:56am | Report
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/caitlyn-problem-officer-burst-as-48301

One of the primary reasons I actually published this guide was to see how the new system would work. I fear now that some of the comments I've received on this guide will become a trend for new troll votes.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 11:58am | Report
Booshido wrote:

I can somehow see someone making a valid point "Valid points, for that reason -1." then they will go to their guides "that's funny i don't think these work -1 Back *****!"

Well there are a few things that are going to happen, I'm sure. Some people will still DV publicly, but I think this is going to happen less. Some people will make second accounts to vote from to protect themselves. Others will just not vote because it's either a pain in the ***, or they're afraid of retaliation. Retaliation votes will occur, as you say, this is a VERY competitive community and people are very focused on scores.

We've stated this and other issues many times before but, everyone still desperately wants this and I'm guessing the majority of people will enable it. We'll see what happens in time :)
SixSonatas
<Veteran>
SixSonatas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 1:50pm | Report
So what about the people who can't play the playstyle or didn't read the build completely?

Taric is an easy hero to understand, but a very hard hero to utilize properly. I wrote out the playstyle and things to watch for, even tricks that I'd not like to reveal, but I am for the good of the community. A lot of people still don't play him properly because I have consistent good results with him whether it be ranked or normal.

So what happens to those comments? The ones that go "Did not work in game -1" or something like that?

Super old vet that almost never goes on Mobafire anymore. Contact me in game @ SixSonatas and Mobafire chat (NA).
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 2:01pm | Report
The point of a voting system is to gain an accurate and reliable measurement of the general public's opinion about what the author has created. It's actually not about the author, it's about the reader. Your example is not what I would consider a troll - it's a valid opinion. Just because the author isn't happy with some down votes, or with their score, doesn't mean it's unfair or invalid.

I'm not sure what you're trying to demonstrate though, since your Taric guide has achieved a very high score and rank, 11th overall across the site! Clearly the people that DID read your guide in its entirety and DID give it an honest effort, have vastly outnumbered these supposed trolls.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 2:25pm | Report
Alright, not to advertise or anything, but my Caitlyn guide is ranked pretty low right now, and you should see some of the comments. Literally, a few of the votes have been "bad build you're a noob i hate you" and it's getting on my nerves that there's not any real criticism that I can use to make the build better.

Great job with the change though - these things are almost impossible to prevent, and you did an admirable job with the transition.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide