Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best LoL Gaming Mouse of 2016?

Creator: khi4l March 26, 2016 7:57pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2016 7:01am | Report
I don't use mouse buttons at all in league or FPS games.
I use it for abilities in Dirty Bomb.
Quoted:
change your windows/ingame sens.
Nononono, NEVER change your Windows sensitivity. That really ****s up mouse movement. Wanna see how? Set your mouse to 800DPI, draw a circle in paint and then increase your Windows setting a few steps and draw a circle again.
Reducing the setting isn't quite as harmful as that just throws away input data, rather than inventing new data like increasing sensitivity does. Keeping to multiples of two (0.5, 0.25, 0.125) should have no noticeable impact on accuracy, but there are several settings that aren't multiples of 2, and I'm not sure exactly which step represents which, so really, the best option is just to NEVER touch the Windows sensitivity setting; leave it at 6/11.

Setting it ingame is not a problem though. I've never seen a game that ****s up mouse accuracy like Windows does.
Quoted:
As for actual DPI though, I can't use anything above 400 for FPS games, but I can't use anything lower than 800 for league. Most of it is just preference though.
Why don't you just use 800 for everything? You can just lower the ingame sensitivity in FPS games to compensate. The number is usually a kind of multiple, so if you're using sensitivity 4 with 400DPI you should get the exact same result with 800DPI and sensitivity 2.
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2016 4:09pm | Report
As for the surface tension thing, I've tried multiple mice on different surfaces, and lighter mice always feel off to me. Not sure why. I just kind of over extend my hand movements when the mouse has no weight.
For reference I currently use a pretty cheap 5$ kind of mouse pad and it hasnt let me down with the mice I normally use.

What material is it? Cloth or plastic? Hard or soft?
The mousepad makes a pretty large difference when it comes to moving your mouse.
Still, it's likely a DPI thing for you. You're probably using too high a sensitivity with these ligher mice. What are you using?
Quoted:
It just seems like you're being dismissive and insulting towards people's preferences.

Nah, I'm just blunt and tend to reject ideas not based in logical reasoning. That has a tendency of ruffling some feathers, sadly.
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
Roguish Bard
<Member>
Roguish Bard's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2016 4:26pm | Report
It appears to be rubber with cloth covering it? I think. I'm not exactly a scientist.

Edit: And I thought I mentioned that I use a Corsair Scimitar, and before that I used a Naga hex.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2016 6:23pm | Report
It's important that the top of the pad is cloth, as that generally is the best material to use with teflon feet (which most gaming mice have). Other than size is the only important part of a mousepad. Is it too tiny to use with lower sensitivities?

Yes, I know you have the Scimitar, but what DPI are you using? You can set your sensitivity manually on the mouse (open the drivers to see/set the DPI levels). Try setting it to 800 or 1600. (you can also change it with the two buttons above the mouse-wheel)

I did a quick google search to see if I could find the native DPI of the Scimitar and I found this:
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149305

It seems to be solved, but one can never be too certain. Try doing the same thing. Open paint, set your DPI to 400 (or 200 if it's still too high) and then click, try to move your mouse one pixel and click again (and repeat) to see if you get the same skipping as he does in the video.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
MikeHortCH
<Member>
MikeHortCH's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2016 10:52pm | Report
I've been using a finalmouse ever since I switched due to hand/wrist pain. Don't regret it at all. Sensor is perfect, and its really light and comfortable to use as well.

AHAHHHAHA, top comment on this Topic :D
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2016 11:21pm | Report
Locking for advanced necromancy.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

1 2 3

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide