Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Diablo III impressions.

Creator: Crazy Smurf April 21, 2012 7:58pm
53 posts - page 2 of 6
D3m3nt3dHatch3t
<Member>
D3m3nt3dHatch3t's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 12:56pm | Report
I got into the beta about a month ago. My computer isnt very good. I was playing at bare minimum and was lagging most of the time. But I still stuck with it and played it and I would have to say they done very well. I like you can make your own armor and weapons now. The way you have skills and the way they can be upgraded. Even on low and my computer lagging the graphics looked good. The online auction house is cool. I think the game will do very well when it releases.
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 2:20pm | Report
Even though you can make your own armor you still got a havey case of locking like a clown
Thanks lgnition for the Sig.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 4:39pm | Report

businesses are IN BUSINESS to make money...

Derp. Seriously though, DUH!

I'm sick and tired of reading people's naive responses.

I am a customer and I expect certain things. Yes you can knock out game after game and focus on money, we all know certain areas of our game industry work like this. Sadly, what most businesses lose after their first success is the drive to simply make a great game. Blizzard has been the exception. The usual track record for blizzard is to satisfy their customers. It just feels like they are trying to satisfy their WoW customer base instead of their D2 customer base. Why? The WoW player base throws more money at Blizzard. Is this unintelligent? Hell no, they are going to make millions. Does that make it right? No.

People in general dislike change, so when someone comes a long and changes something they get pissy without looking into the deeper reasoning.

Its the beta, so of course I don't have a full view yet. That does not mean my opinion isn't valid. I was a long time D2 player and honestly I might go back to play D2 instead of D3. The things I loved about Diablo 2 have been recreated time after time, but what hasn't is the depth and work it takes to be good.

Acquiring gear is cool, building a custom character is fun too, NOT HAVING TO SLAVE OVER HOURS OF RESEARCH, GRIND THE SAME AREA SO YOU CAN ACQUIRE THAT ONE PIECE OF GEAR so you can FINALLY have a chance to beat an area boss, that sounds cool to me too. Other people seem to disagree though.

The effort is too much for some players, yes. Sadly, taking that part out of the game makes it what exactly? World of Warcraft?

You know I come from playing WoW, there was a lot of information I needed to look up and gear to grind for so that I could raid with my guild. I know somewhat of what it's like to enjoy those things. Then I think about it, a game should be challenging not infuriating....

either way ive lost my point D:

I understand your reasoning. I would like to just go on record for saying I enjoyed the beta overall. I just expected more than this after 10 years of development. I expected more from Blizzard than a Diablo, WoW hybrid.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Majamorra
<Member>
Majamorra's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 4:49pm | Report
It seems very nice, figth phase is just awesome.
But i can't buy it :(

Yes, my new project start it. Feel free to PM me and give me suggestions to be the best blog on MOBAfire!

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 8:36pm | Report

I am a customer and I expect certain things. Yes you can knock out game after game and focus on money, we all know certain areas of our game industry work like this.

It just feels like they are trying to satisfy their WoW customer base instead of their D2 customer base. Why? The WoW player base throws more money at Blizzard. Is this unintelligent? Hell no, they are going to make millions. Does that make it right? No.

i thought we were talking about blizzard and not ea for a moment. oh right, except ea tries to change a game to get a different player base to play it yet **** it up so bad that no one wants it. see dragon age 2. and mass effect 3.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 8:50pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

i thought we were talking about blizzard and not ea for a moment. oh right, except ea tries to change a game to get a different player base to play it yet **** it up so bad that no one wants it. see dragon age 2. and mass effect 3.

It's the Hepler Effect man.

Honestly, i feel that Real Money Auction house is a really good way to combat things like d2items.com, which are still up and running.

The always online is meh, but honestly, D2's online play was terrible in terms of hacking and bugs.
Tri lane for life.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 9:08pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

Are those really that bad? I haven't player either of them, cannot sense sarcasm. >.<
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 3:50am | Report
But thats the problem with every bigger gaming company, they all did slowly succumb to money making.

They still make big games but that will ultimately result in their downfall, seriously:
Indie games are more in coming that ever before, since they offer innovation.
For the big ones this word seems to be the same as "a waste of money".

Why is it that D3 can be worse than D2 even after 10 years (keeping players occupied, offering depth etc)?
Because you can't top it anymore?
Not really, it's more likely that Blizzard can't top it anymore and in addition they also cut some parts to make their new game attractive for a greater audience.

D3 is still a good game, but it's greatest quality is that nothing similar that big exists. (Torchlight 2 won't reach that "size")
After some years in the future the indie developers and smaller gaming companies are going to offer games that are way more attractive than the big ones. Blizz, EA and others have to change until then or they're loosing their backers.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 11:29am | Report

Are those really that bad? I haven't player either of them, cannot sense sarcasm. >.<

EA pissed all over its customers by trying to casualize their games, ending up with horrid abominations that either never sold to either the casual audience or the audience of the first game, or they ended up causing such a big *****torm.

either way, ea's stock has dropped a pretty good price from tor and me3. the stock price is starting to go back up for now, because apparently they promoted someone.

anyway, back on topic.

a lot of people simply can't get over their nostalgia for d2. there was no depth at all, everyone went enough str to carry their gear and then the rest in vit for more health (unless you had to auto attack, so some points into dex now and then to make sure you could hit.) even then, the devs had an idea of what the stat numbers should look like for each class. for example, barbarians got the most health per point of vit, while the least mana per point of energy, while the opposite was true for the sorceress.

while yes it sucks that we can't choose our points ourselves, the new stat system is working just fine. each stat is useful for each class, while one stat more so because you deal more damage from that stat. i also see how being able to chose our own points would be bad, as everyone would just pour their points into the main stat of their class (ex: int for witch doctors) because that increases your damage.

skill wise, d2 was a mess even with synergies (it didnt even have those before.) so what were you supposed to do with your stats once you maxed your main 2 skills? everyone who was smart was hoarding their points until 30 so they could dump them into their main skill, since before synergies were included you didn't have a cap to leveling a skill (iirc once you hit 30 you can only put 2 points into the final skill, have 3 in it at level 31, etc.. this dropped off after a while but still.)

once synergies were included, it made things a little better but everyone was still only going for 2 skills max, because no one was going to cast frostbolt when they had blizzard. spending as much as 1 point wrong could **** over your characters end game, so much so that level 50s were rerolling because of one misplaced point. needless to say after defeating the den of evil you can talk to akara and refund your skill points once per difficulty now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzhoGX_7uFY#t=10m00s (can't make it start at just 10 minutes. will have to look at that.)

this, this is why diablo 3 will trump diablo 2 every day. because to survive endgame, you had to build optimal. you are allowed to freely experiment with whatever build you want, because you don't have to start a new character if you don't like the playstyle. **** like a melee wizard could never work in diablo 2, because its unoptimal. optimal builds were the only viable ones in d2.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
TheWeekndOVOXO
<Member>
TheWeekndOVOXO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 11:52am | Report
caucheka wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzhoGX_7uFY#t=10m00s (can't make it start at just 10 minutes. will have to look at that.)

this, this is why diablo 3 will trump diablo 2 every day. because to survive endgame, you had to build optimal. you are allowed to freely experiment with whatever build you want, because you don't have to start a new character if you don't like the playstyle. **** like a melee wizard could never work in diablo 2, because its unoptimal. optimal builds were the only viable ones in d2.

QFT, D3 has so much customization.

And @ an early post, Witch Doctor is actually strong. I never tried the spider jar, but I kept to the darts (first rune), and firebats (first rune), which made my WD insanely OP. Plus always having to harvest 5 enemies every 15 seconds makes my damage so high that my Wizard can't catch up.
(Discontinued)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide