Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Faces to Names

Creator: jhoijhoi May 28, 2011 4:33am
7278 posts - page 612 of 728
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 10:09am | Report

A piece of paper saying "Congratulations! You're a ****.", what else?

It also had something about me getting out of primary school but that's not the important part here
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 10:18am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
Why is Jan trying to look like he's over 12 years old :|

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 10:43am | Report
Thanks for the explanation Searz! I guess buying a true surround sound headset will be a waste of money then. I don't really feel like spending €80 on a headset so shortly after buying this one but since it'll probably be an investment over many years I may not be able to resist. Added to wishlist.

Happy to help. Good luck with whatever choice you make.
Quoted:
I own a Logitech G400S mouse and I'm pretty satisfied. Only downside is the lack of Linux support(and/or memory), but I'm having a dualboot for LoL and Osu! anyway.

You mean for the official drivers don't support Linux? I honestly recommend against using those. I've had a bunch of problems with Logitech's drivers a few years back, with buttons not working like they should and mouse movement being changed slightly. Just use the common HID drivers that come with windows (the ones that install automatically). Or are there macro profiles and such that you need within the drivers?
Quoted:
Perhaps we should take this outside.. by which I mean another topic x)

Possibly. I might just make a thread on virtual surround headphones to clarify all the ******** going around. I can just copy most things from previous comments anyways.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 10:53am | Report
Janitsu wrote:

It also had something about me getting out of primary school but that's not the important part here

That part does not seem important, no.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 8:20pm | Report
xIchi wrote:
LOL
Idk, are you some female on her period trying to twist arguements so much to make winning easier?

Jeeesus, did you really just say that?...

Okay, I'm gonna try to condense this as much as I can to avoid making an even bigger mess of this than it already is.
Quoted:
I could say the same to you and ask you to correclty address the arguement and actually show how much you know instead of just throwing around THD/IMD etc.
Why not just immediately explain to these people?
What does it help showing off how much you know, if you are not going to tell others, while trying to convince them?
It is like saying 'I know how to do X, but I am not going to tell you!', quite childish.

It's clear you have problems understanding written text sometimes. I made it perfectly clear in my last comment that I don't know much about them, and that I used those terms as a way to guide the discussion toward objectivity rather than subjectivity.
Quoted:
They are sufficient, do not have an overbearing bass and most importantly are semi open (since you started this you should know why closed / semi open headphones matter).

Closed / open / semi-open doesn't matter. Because it's a type of headphone, not a quantitative quality measure.
And are you sure about the bass part? Because I remember Siberia headsets commonly having pretty pronounced bass and mushed sound. I can even link to a professional review stating such, the reviewer being a 10+year veteran in the audio business and has worked on several big titles such as The Darkness and Chronicles of Rid****. You're gonna have to really work to show that he's wrong..
Quoted:
Oh and did I say that I use them for gaming (as we are on a gaming forum). Damn, my cheap headphones deny me those epic musicals that play everytime on summoner's rift.

Yes, let's use that as an example....
Or one could bring up any of the plethora of games that have great music or games where audio is a central part of the experience..
This is a clear-cut case of an irrelevant conclusion. Please stop using fallacies.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 12:54am | Report
You again didn't even bother to quote all the other stuff :^).

Can't read that review tho, but an overbearing bass doesn't neccessary mean not too much bass.
I've had some other headphones which where just plain annoying, so the Siberia V2 was a great relief.

If you don't quite know more about those terms, you should have said that beforehand, instead you just randomly threw them in as facts for your arguement.
And even if you don't know much, you used those terms, which meant you knew something, which you could have explained.
THD and IMD are phys-stuff that you can calculate, but the average user won't even know what to do with that stuff. Quite frankly, I have no idea what I am supposed to do with those numbers.

To go back to this base of discussion:
How much of a difference does using a Sibera V2 vs AKG 702 when playing such a game with great music?
How much does the average gamer even notice?

All this nitpicking is just like the mechanical keyboard (even worse) debate.
You don't neccessary need it, you don't actually know what to do with it, just buy it?

Edit: Threw the review into a translator, he said that it has a 'kraftvoll' (powerful/vibrantly) bass, does that mean it's overbearing?
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 4:02pm | Report

loljk I wish this was me tho
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 7:20pm | Report
xIchi wrote:
You again didn't even bother to quote all the other stuff :^).

Well.. Of course not, I wrote this:
"Okay, I'm gonna try to condense this as much as I can to avoid making an even bigger mess of this than it already is."
Quoted:
Can't read that review tho, but an overbearing bass doesn't neccessary mean not too much bass.
I've had some other headphones which where just plain annoying, so the Siberia V2 was a great relief.

The important thing to take away from the review is that he was negative toward the sound, saying in conclusion (translated):
"This is far from the best you can buy for this amount of money. There is better sound, better microphones and better functionality to find."

If you compare horrible to bad, bad is obviously gonna come out on top. Just because something is better doesn't mean that it's good.
Your inexperience shows. Leave the opinionating to the professionals until you know more.
Quoted:
If you don't quite know more about those terms, you should have said that beforehand, instead you just randomly threw them in as facts for your arguement.

No, I've said this several times already, they were used to steer the conversation. And I think you mean points, not facts.
Quoted:
THD and IMD are phys-stuff that you can calculate, but the average user won't even know what to do with that stuff. Quite frankly, I have no idea what I am supposed to do with those numbers.

One doesn't need to understand the specifics to draw worthwhile conclusions. If measurements from one product clearly display better numbers than the other then it's probably gonna sound better.

The problem is, as far as I can see, that subjective reviews are the norm in the headphone industry. That works well with good ears and lower price-ranges (like the sub 100$/€ range), but gets unreliable when you approach the high-end headphones, because many of them have objectively near perfect sound, not to mention how much our thoughts can skew our perception. Here's a good read on that: http://nwavguy.blogspot.no/2012/04/what-we-hear.html
Quoted:
How much of a difference does using a Sibera V2 vs AKG 702 when playing such a game with great music?
How much does the average gamer even notice?

It depends a lot on the how good a person's hearing is and how good their AMP is. Expensive headphones don't shine through as well on bad AMPs.
That said, the average consumer with a relatively good desktop PC (portable PCs often has bad audio parts) should be able to tell a clear difference between a good and a bad headset in the sub 100$/€ price range.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2014 1:07am | Report
XeresAce wrote:

loljk I wish this was me tho

I found the text below :p

Who is it if not you?
Thanks to Emikadon for this sig!
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2014 4:20am | Report
emoriam wrote:

I found the text below :p

Who is it if not you?

It's Troye Sivan

ANNND since I've been a member here for years (literary) I decided I'd post a selfie... sad thing is, this is practically my only slefie, it's blurry cause my hands are NOT steady at all AND my phone camera is ****ty so yeah

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide