Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Feel The Bern!!!!

Creator: Mooninites October 13, 2015 11:21pm
125 posts - page 11 of 13
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2015 11:00pm | Report
While we're at it, I'm wondering what the causes of these exorbitant prices of US healthcare are. I mean, we pay about 100-ish euro per month and another 360€ as 'own risk' policy yearly in if you're actually making costs here in NL (as it isn't incorporated in our tax system and we run private companies) but that covers nearly everything.

A weird thing about our system though is that you can also opt to pay 60€ monthly and instead have a 1000€ worth of 'own risk'.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2015 11:22pm | Report
It's a little ironic, actually. My friend's dad runs a large hospital in south korea. He's studying business and pre-med to take over his dad's position. He says that hospitals don't actually even make money on the patients.

Perhaps, more ironically, the cost of a hospital visit is so outrageously high here, because hospitals don't want to risk having their patients fail to pay their bill. ****ed up, isn't it?
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2015 11:35pm | Report
utopus wrote:
Perhaps, more ironically, the cost of a hospital visit is so outrageously high here, because hospitals don't want to risk having their patients fail to pay their bill. ****ed up, isn't it?

Yeah, and perhaps even more ****ed up when you consider that Obamacare was supposed to combat such practices.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2015 12:40am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Yeah, and perhaps even more ****ed up when you consider that Obamacare was supposed to combat such practices.

To quote Hillary Clinton (As she spoke these words unironically) "Let's pass Obama Care so we can find out what's in it!".

The democrats are so ****ing clueless it hurts.

It's no wonder other countries can't stop laughing at how big of a joke American politics are.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2015 5:30am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
Yes, but you have to remember that a whole bunch of compromises had to be made to get it passed and funded in the first place. Or is everyone forgetting that the Republican-led House of Representatives refused to fund anything related to it and spent months trying to delay its passing in the first place while the Democrat-led Senate ignored them and tried to just get the stupid thing passed without any changes, eventually resulting in the govt. being shut down for more than two weeks while they all, including Obama, argued about it? I'd rather it be passed and doing something towards fixing the many problems of our healthcare system than things being the same as they were before with people dying due to treatable chronic illnesses because they couldn't get insurance to help with the cost of the medication they needed to live. I'm pretty sure having all states expand their Medicaid was supposed to cover the people who wouldn't be eligible for insurance in the marketplace based on their low income (like I was), but, because expanding it was made optional, in any state where it didn't get expanded there's still a bunch of low income people who can't get any insurance from any source, which is not helping the problem of healthcare costs.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2015 5:41am | Report
Yeah I definitely do not think the idea of Obamacare is to blame, I think it's the implementation that is ****ed up.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2015 5:49am | Report
I'm just a bit tired of people blaming Obama for that, when, in reality, acting like this is what he originally intended for it to do is pretty unfair. The ACA not working particularly well is more a fault of the parties refusing to compromise with each other than just Obama.

It's gonna be hard for anyone to pass a healthcare bill that actually functions if the parties can't compromise on anything.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2015 8:24am | Report
This thread is now officially bad enough for memes.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2015 9:27am | Report
I'm just a bit tired of people blaming Obama for that, when, in reality, acting like this is what he originally intended for it to do is pretty unfair. The ACA not working particularly well is more a fault of the parties refusing to compromise with each other than just Obama.

It's gonna be hard for anyone to pass a healthcare bill that actually functions if the parties can't compromise on anything.

You hire a contractor to build a bridge to connect the city to the country to speed up traffic. He was in charge of planning it and setting it up and had a large network of people to help him formulate it, set it up and get the plan in action.

During development, he doesn't check everything and the people who are building the bridge for him seem clueless on certain parts and are unsure if X and Y are even functional parts for the bridge. He doesn't care and presses for the bridge to get completed anyways.

He then talks to his representatives to force this bridges approval through the committee of mega macho bridge builders inc. Which happens.

The first wave of traffic crosses the bridge and the bridge collapses, ruining everyone's day (no one dies in this story, they just get very big boo boos).

So tell me, why shouldn't we blame the contractor in all of this? I assure you, if Bush passed something like this and it failed this miserably, people would want his head. But since we got a president sporting minority status, **** no you can't criticize him or say it's his fault because It's Obama! Savior of the United States! He's gonna get us out of this financial pit and make our lives better!

No, as someone who lives in grown up mode, I've shed off this delusion that you and everyone else has about him and his magical way to make things better. Because truth be told, this ain't anything different than what we've had in the past. It's almost as if nothing really changed in the US except for this ****heap of a healthcare reform (which is hurting people on the lower income bracket like my household).

What's the defense in all of this? Please enlighten us. Why isn't it Obama/the democrats fault?

Reason #527 for not voting on party lines.

I just don't understand how people are okay with nothing changing period and are willing to say their party's ****ty stagnation is better than the others. Or "Dun't make fun of muh candidate". Politics is a joke, and clowns like Trump and Berny/Hillary are going to forever be the punchline of it all, along with your Obama.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2015 9:38am | Report
You can rewrite the analogy to something like this as well:

You hire a contractor to build a bridge to connect the city to the country to speed up traffic. He was in charge of planning it and setting it up and had a large network of people to help him formulate it, set it up and get the plan in action.

During development, he tries to build the bridge with strong foundations to match the expected traffic going over over the bridge. However, some green-wing lobbyist party decides that they don't like the bridge and force the contractor to make compromises and reduce the amount of lanes. The day the bridge opens there are immediately traffic jams.

Here you could also blame these lobbyists for ruining an otherwise good plan. It's just a matter of rewriting the analogy and shifting your point of view.

Also, I'm completely fine with you having different opinions but to say that "people can't/don't criticize him just because he's a minority" is flat out ******ed. Sure, there will be people who think that way, but the overwhelming majority doesn't.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide