Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 272 of 334
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2014 4:52pm | Report
Welp, Psycho-pass is definitely worthwhile. That's my conclusion after 8 episodes of the rework. I've been on top of the plot on multiple aspects for a while, well at least I think I am, but it's still enjoyable.

This was a high-quality review by Latest Legend. See you next time, have a greet week. And don't forget to subscribe for more high-quality, in-depth reviews of your favorite anime series to-be!

Seriously though, watch it. Secretly aimed at Searz since I believe he still hasn't decided whether he wants to watch it or not. You want to.

EDIT: Finished season one. Was pretty fun overall. They're not afraid to kill characters, which is a good thing. The end was perhaps a bit far-fetched but it's not terrible.

spoilerino for those who have watched it
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2014 10:10am | Report
Embracing wrote:
Just finished watching Nodame Cantabile.

One of the best slice of life shows I've seen so far :O

If you like music or comedy - watch it

Tis gud.

It's been a while since I stated my opinion of Nodame Cantabile, so I figure it bears repeating.

This show isn't worth anyone's time. Yes, it has comedy and music in it, and yes those things can be enjoyable at times. But it is, ultimately, a romance. And as a romance it fails. If you want comedy and music, there are other places to get it, some of which succeed on their own terms as stories as well--K-On! springs to mind. But Nodame Cantabile never resolves its central romantic tension and as a result is ultimately 50-ish episodes of a waste of time.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2014 2:02pm | Report
Seriously though, watch it. Secretly aimed at Searz since I believe he still hasn't decided whether he wants to watch it or not. You want to.

I have and I will. I just don't know when. It's one of the higher priority ones right now, but I don't watch a lot of anime, so we'll see when it happens.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2014 2:21pm | Report
I kinda sorta wanna read this but cant find it anywhere http://www.doujinshi.org/book/682910/

derp it looks cute ok
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2014 3:03pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:
I kinda sorta wanna read this but cant find it anywhere http://www.doujinshi.org/book/682910/

derp it looks cute ok

Doesn't look like anything special..
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2014 12:53am | Report
but it still looks cute 8)
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2014 12:05pm | Report
Well @lifebaka: I actually don't think the focus is on the romance, so that may be where we differ in opinions since it barely touches on the romance imo. The main focus is on the development of the characters in maturity and their own understanding of themselves. Just because a slice of life anime has love in it doesn't mean it needs to center around that theme :O

(I'm speaking roughly for the first season atm. Haven't watched the other seasons yet)
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2014 1:33pm | Report
Embracing wrote:
Well @lifebaka: I actually don't think the focus is on the romance, so that may be where we differ in opinions since it barely touches on the romance imo. The main focus is on the development of the characters in maturity and their own understanding of themselves. Just because a slice of life anime has love in it doesn't mean it needs to center around that theme :O

I wouldn't suggest that romance subplots are why it's a romance. But the entire setup is that of a romance. So when the anime tells me that it's a romance and then plays around with being a romance for 50-ish episodes and then ends without resolving the romance plot, it has failed at being a romance. Plus I generally have an issue with anime that take an extremely long time to get nothing done.

I enjoyed the first season a lot, don't get me wrong. It's just that after that I watched about an equal number of episodes where ultimately nothing happened. Then it pretended to have resolved a central plot point, which I find insulting. I'm entirely willing to about-face my opinion of a show based on a **** ending.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2014 4:10pm | Report
NARUTO IS ENDING SOON!

it's really the only manga I read anymore but it's almost over :(
sig by jhoijhoi
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2014 4:46pm | Report
Ok lifebaka I started watching the second season and I'm starting to see what you mean haha

I'm personally fine slow plots tho since I'm just watching it to kill time. Depends on the viewer.

Been readin a lotta manga recently.

And I was super surprised and satisfied with some of the korean manhwas I've been seeing recently (Tower of God, Girl the Wild's)

ToG has quite a few unexplored / inconclusive points but it's enjoyable to read ^ ^

and the art in girl the wild's dayumm

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide