Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 319 of 334
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2015 7:18am | Report
emoriam wrote:
Any recommendations for someone who has only watched Death Note and Darker than Black thus far? Are there any similar animes worth watching?

Ergo Proxy is pretty good. It's a bit slower than the above, but if you can stand lots of dialogue it's a solid pick.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2015 7:35am | Report
I'm gonna check it out, thanks :)
Thanks to Ubnoxius for this sig!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2015 4:51pm | Report
I think Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom is pretty decent too, though that's more of a personal thing than Ergo Proxy I think.

So I actually finished Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka. First things first: it's not on the label, but the harem tag definitely fits. Secondly, I can only judge the famous ancient Greek ones, but as far as I can tell they didn't really read that mythology book they must have had lying around somewhere. They didn't really look at the pictures either.

The story, or maybe I should call it epic, revolves around Bell Cranel, a, I quote "kind, yet shy boy and is easily intimidated when facing a stronger opponent" (source). He lives in an unmaintained church-like building with his boo- I mean goddess.

Yes, with a goddess. The gist of it is that gods got bored and came down to the human world. There they formed so-called familias: people who devoted themselves to that specific god. In exchange, they got "the gift" from them, basically an JRPG stats page engraved on their backs. Yes. In other words, they become adventurers, people who can acclaim amazing power by adventuring in the dungeon: a huge tower with many floors containing monsters. For some reason they seem to venture down though.

Only adventurers are allowed inside the dungeon, no gods. In fact, the deities aren't allowed to use any of their awesome power on the human world.

God, what gods? I'm not really a religion person, but it's swarming with ancient Greek gods and I believe also some from Hinduism and maybe others.

Anyway, Bell lives with his goddess Hestia. They're pretty damn poor. One day he falls in ti- I mean, in love with a very famous adventurer called The Sword Princess. Basically she's one of the best. He decides to impress her by becoming a great adventurer himself too. Bob's your uncle.

Lots of stuff happens but in the end it all comes down to that everything that looks even only a bit female falls in love with the guy (yes, including that famous one).

I like how they played with the deities, they actually managed to portray Hermes really well in my opinion. Still, I wouldn't say it's one of the masterpieces of the century.

Oh, and the story's not done yet. I'm expecting another season. If they actually want to go for it, at least. ^^

Shonen + harem + deities + JRPG
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2015 6:22pm | Report
Great summary.

I for one am staying the **** away.

Hestia's boob ribbon cracks me up every time I see her tho (i.e: every time somebody mentions the title and I google it, cuz **** me that title is long and not something I'm spending valuable synapses remembering).
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2015 3:47am | Report
@emoriam:

Try watching Psycho Pass, it's really good anime and if you like those 2 you've watched, you should like it too. Ghost in the shell is my recommendation and maybe Monster, but it's a bit logner anime and has pacing problems.

@topic of danmachi:

What's there to discuss? It's just usual fanservice, harem, ecchi anime with all possible ecchi anime stereotypes: tsundere, loli, oppai loli, dark skin girls... You probably know what you are getting into if you are even considering watching it. It's just pandering to otaku and weebs, just another masturbation material, but hey, it sells good. I must admit it has good animation.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2015 5:18am | Report
Yes, because having a dark skin is such a stereotype.

I agree with the rest though.

EDIT: On the other hand I don't want to bash all ecchi series just because they're ecchi series. I remember Sora no Otoshimono as pretty enjoyable comedy.

Also it's not HS DxD level or something like that.

EDIT2: +1 for Psycho Pass
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2015 6:34am | Report
Yes, because having a dark skin is such a stereotype.

Yeah, dem ******s, yo.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
MrMad2000
<Member>
MrMad2000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2015 8:57am | Report
Searz wrote:
Yeah, dem ******s, yo.

Also, to be on topic since this is an Anime thread and I shouldn't just post a picture and be like 'my work here is done' my 'friends' keep on recommending me to watch Sword Art Online even though I don't watch a lot of Anime.
I am currently known as Sejwoonapiggle on EUW.
Add me for any queries or questions you have for me!
Check out my stream! I could use the support.
Click here to view my stream!
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2015 10:16am | Report
@Latest Legend @Vaan99 I thank you guys as well :)
Thanks to Emikadon for this sig!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2015 11:34am | Report
Suggesting Gangsta for anyone looking for a decent watch from the new just released animes.

Overlord may float someones boat as it's the same type of anime as SAO or Log Horizon. (Game anime).

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide