Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Monitor

Creator: Booshido May 31, 2011 3:02pm
39 posts - page 3 of 4
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2011 1:06am | Report
i'm guessing 401's sleeping... 401's currently 404 (page not found)... ok maybe a bit too geek... ignore this bit... carry on >_>
10. The Blitz on your team will never land his grabs, but the one on the other team will.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2011 1:31am | Report
Ok lets get this done.
Your choice on the size is quite wide.
If you are plannin to play with xbox on in you are probably looking for something with native resolution of 1080p. That is why 2233RZ that i bought cant be taken into consideration, not even mentioning DVI only input.

Other thing why LED? You just want to be trendy or you realy care about power consumption on your monitor?
Today's LED's are only viable as a display in Laptops that needs longlasting panels to mainain decent amount on battery life. If I would put you in front of medicore LCD and medicore LED, you will see no diference at all. Ofc you will see the diference if you would put a **** LCD in front of **** LED you would notice a bit better black to white scaling on the LED, but usualy it wont be something to put alll the money on. I would focus myself on stuff that matters instead of things that look shiny on the box.

LG W2363D is a decent 120Hz monitor. His input lag that matters for online dynamic games (mainly fast FPS games) is negletable. It is full 1080p so fits your choice for xbox, also it fits it by having 2x HDMI ports. The bad things about this particular monitor is the mainly the colors. Blacks will be black but i've heard that this monitor can have some brighter and darker places on the screen that leads to conclusion about not beeing highlighted good. Also the whites on this screen can be a bit "blue'ish"

It is quite pricy for what it represents.

Samsung S23A550H is a very nice looking monitor but as far as i know it hasnt been tested properly. I wouldnt buy it without seeing any of the decent reviewers not even considering to run some test on it :P And looks are the last place in my "pick-a-monitor dictionary"

//SIDENOTE
Damn i am getting realy annoyed by those nyan nyan cats now scrolling up and down on this site...
//END SIDENOTE

Ok what i would recomend. Note that this is NOT listed from best to worst. Just tell me what you think about them. I'll try to cover Pros and cons on those.

From 21.5"
BenQ E2220HD

From 22":
LG Flatron IPS226V
Iiyama Prolite E2210HDS
BenQ G2220HD
LG W2220P (you need the newest one since it had flaws at start of distribution - about 04.2010)

From 23":
Asus VG236H
Dell P2310H

From 24":
Acer GD245HQ
Well picking 24" for the price you want to give... is a missunderstanding imho. You can get even a 32" but the quality of the product here will be VERY poor.

If you would like to see the non 1080p monitors i can blindly say that you can go:
Samsung 2233RZ
Dell 2209WA
ViewSonic VX2268WM
Iiyama ProLite B2206WS

I know that is alot of models but you should aim somewhere on those in my opinion.
Didnt look at the pricings since they vary on diferent countires so keep attension on this :P

Tell me what do you think what are your picks and why? And i'll try to narrow it down to 1.
Have fun :P
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2011 1:33am | Report
DEWO, are you a computer salesman or something? I mean, I know you work in the IT industry and etc, but damn son. Get work done.

DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2011 1:39am | Report

Well since we are on this topic.

DEWO, what would you say is currently the best graphics card in terms of performance, lag, and compatibility with upcoming, better graphic games as well?

I plan on building my own computer soon :3

That i stoo wide question...
The answer is simple :P but i dont think it will be something you were looking for...
Atm the best graphic card in terms of perfomrance is:
Radeon HD6990 and GF 590 :P
Just check the price on these babies :P

It all depends on:
What CPU do you have (or plan to have)
What kind of monitor you have (or plan to have)
What kind of funds you have for this.

More info = more precise answer.

I bought i5 2500k and MSI GF 570 Twin Frozr II OC
I would probably go for Radeon HD 6970 also on Twin Frozr II but as i picked 120Hz monitor i went nVidia not to have any problems. Also i will be playing on 1050p resolutions.

PS. sry for double post.

DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2011 1:41am | Report
Xaioli wrote:

DEWO, are you a computer salesman or something? I mean, I know you work in the IT industry and etc, but damn son. Get work done.

I was one for 6 years.
But now i am more of a database guy workin for gov medical services.
I just had some time spent on discovering all this info. So i dont mind sharing with others that need any help to skip the painfull process of browsing all that i had to browse.

orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2011 2:05am | Report
Government worker... so he pretty much doesn't do anything and has free time to browse this stuff... hmmm ok
76. GLHF is code for "We are going to rape you". Not returning the favor is giving consent.
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2011 4:23am | Report
thanks for the advice 401 +rep <3
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2011 4:31am | Report
No problemos, as i said if you will be still considering and needing any help, poke :P

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2011 1:08pm | Report
Ah, well, I won't be building too soon, when I do there will prolly be better stuff out there xD

I plan to have a cap of $2000 though, case, monitor and all (excluding taxes)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2011 3:09pm | Report
My current config will look like this:

ASRock P67 PRO3 (B3)
Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3 GHz BOX
Patriot DDR3 2x4096MB Viper II Sector5 1600MHz CL8.0 EP LLK
MSI GeForce GTX 570 Twin Frozr II 1.2GB DDR5 PCI-E BOX
WD Caviar Blue WD10EALX (1TB, SATA/600)
NEC AD-7260S Black OEM