Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official hearthstone thread

Creator: Pølsemanden December 8, 2013 1:59pm
1091 posts - page 100 of 110
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 1:20pm | Report
Nagirte wrote:
I always found myself in lengthy matches where I was just cornered. Not sure if they've gotten around to sorting out the matchmaking system to welcome newer players yet.

There is only one solution: Get good.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 1:31pm | Report
Nagirte wrote:
I always found myself in lengthy matches where I was just cornered. Not sure if they've gotten around to sorting out the matchmaking system to welcome newer players yet.

What Van said.
I have a fairly quick little introductory guide for learning some of the intricacies of the game. It also comes with some starter decks you can use until you have some cards. I'll post it here if you'd like.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2014 6:13pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Oh, this coming from your extensive knowledge of Priests?
Tell me, what is the strength of the Priest?
And why does that not allow for the use of 2 SW:Ds? What do you use the SW:Ds for in the first place?

2 SW:D's isn't needed, 1 of those will likely be dead in your hand for a long time, possibly both. Vol does a lot of the same things SWD does anyways. SWD is great with Pyromancer too, I get that, but I really think you'd rather have a Ysera in there somewhere.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2014 6:40pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:
2 SW:D's isn't needed, 1 of those will likely be dead in your hand for a long time, possibly both. Vol does a lot of the same things SWD does anyways. SWD is great with Pyromancer too, I get that, but I really think you'd rather have a Ysera in there somewhere.

Oh geez, you're not even wording it properly..
I can say for a fact that I don't want a Ysera in there somewhere.
An SW:D is usually more useful in control matchups.
I even played Ysera for a while, but decided that as long as I don't get a **** start I win most controll-y matchups except for Handlock and for Handlock I'd much rather have Black Knight.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2014 9:19pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Oh geez, you're not even wording it properly..
I can say for a fact that I don't want a Ysera in there somewhere.
An SW:D is usually more useful in control matchups.
I even played Ysera for a while, but decided that as long as I don't get a **** start I win most controll-y matchups except for Handlock and for Handlock I'd much rather have Black Knight.

What are you going to SWD in a priest vs priest matchup?

What are you going to SWD vs freezemage and friends?

What are you going to SWD vs combo druid?

What are you going to SWD vs Malygos rogue?

I guess it fits your playstyle better but SWD is a purely reactionary card in control priest and it doesn't put any pressure on the board. Ysera puts massive pressure on the board and is extremely hard to deal with for most control matchups even if you don't get the dream cards you need.

I mean I get what you're saying but SWD is only useful in certain conditions, much less so than Ysera.

And I'm not even saying you should drop it entirely because it's useful even as a semi dead card, I just think two is to much and you should drop either 1 of them or Vol for Ysera.

dunno.jpg

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2014 5:33am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:
What are you going to SWD in a priest vs priest matchup?

Usually, yes.
Quoted:
What are you going to SWD vs freezemage and friends?

Obviously.
Quoted:
What are you going to SWD vs combo druid?

Less great of a matchup, but my deck is controlling enough early on to avoid most trouble and there are usually 1-2 targets for it.
Quoted:
What are you going to SWD vs Malygos rogue?

Malygos Rogue isn't even that good...
Quoted:
I guess it fits your playstyle better but SWD is a purely reactionary card in control priest and it doesn't put any pressure on the board. Ysera puts massive pressure on the board and is extremely hard to deal with for most control matchups even if you don't get the dream cards you need.

I mean I get what you're saying but SWD is only useful in certain conditions, much less so than Ysera.

You seem to be of the opinion that Ysera works well all the time, and that it's a safe bet. Have you even been above rank 5? Because she's very often a dead card in your hand.
Quoted:
And I'm not even saying you should drop it entirely because it's useful even as a semi dead card, I just think two is to much and you should drop either 1 of them or Vol for Ysera.

Voljin is infinitely better than Ysera. Don't even bother.
Your inexperience or lack of skill shines through here.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2014 8:55am | Report
First 12 wins arena run since GvG launch. (Prolly ~3th arena since then though)

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2014 9:27am | Report
Congratulations, did the pack contain anything good?

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2014 9:29am | Report
Regular pack.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2014 10:26am | Report
Searz wrote:

Usually, yes.

Obviously.

Less great of a matchup, but my deck is controlling enough early on to avoid most trouble and there are usually 1-2 targets for it.

Malygos Rogue isn't even that good...

You seem to be of the opinion that Ysera works well all the time, and that it's a safe bet. Have you even been above rank 5? Because she's very often a dead card in your hand.

Voljin is infinitely better than Ysera. Don't even bother.
Your inexperience or lack of skill shines through here.

I know she's often a dead card in your hand. I never said she works all the time. I said she's less often a dead card in your hand than SWD.

As for that subtle jab about not being skilled, a fair few pro's agree with my view, so yeah.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide