Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Mobafire PC thread

Creator: Vynertje August 3, 2015 11:59am
541 posts - page 23 of 55
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2015 10:20am | Report
The advantage of my approach is that you can pick literally whatever you want. There aren't really many open gaming headsets for example.

That's true. Open gaming headsets are pretty rare, and good ones are even more rare.
But if the user doesn't care much about open/closed back headphones then it's whatever.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2015 12:46pm | Report
Alright, to sum this up, you can
a)Get the HyperX Cloud. You will most likely like it, but there may be something else out there that works better for you.
b) Do your research and find out what works best for you. This will take some time and you might end up with hyperx cloud anyway, but you won't loose anythng. A good starting point is /r/headphones, their sidebar has tons of resources.

If you pick a, make sure you try them out first in case there is something you don't like(doesn't have to be the sound, they might also be to tight for you or something).
If you pick b, pick out a couple of headphones(3-5 should be good)that you will prohably like and try them out.
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2015 1:08pm | Report
I personally 'created' my own gaming headset, taking whatever kind of headphones I liked and adding a Modmic.

I'm using it together with a pair of Sennheiser HD600's and I think it's a great combo. The mic is really good, has a neutral look (therefore does not look hideous when using skype for work) and can be detached whenever necessary. The only downsides imo are the relatively high price (I had to pay import fees) and the fact that you'll be stuck with two cables instead of only one.

In case you're interested, I've got a couple of replay analysis videos on my channel in which I use that exact mic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57sRxVGIT2o
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2015 5:14pm | Report
^I'm pretty sure that isn't relevant for him. Modmic is more suited to people that want an attachable mic to use with their top-end headphones. It's not a cheap mic and for similar money he could get substantially higher quality with the Snowball, if that's what he's after.
Otherwise headsets like Cloud offer a decent mic in his desired price-range.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2015 4:16am | Report
Thanks for the opinions everyone.

Many have recommended the HyperX Cloud now. I think I'll go with that. Is there any difference between Cloud 1 and 2? I can throw some extra money for the Cloud 2 if it is better.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2015 7:20am | Report
Joxuu wrote:
Is there any difference between Cloud 1 and 2? I can throw some extra money for the Cloud 2 if it is better.

Same headset, but version two comes with a combined cord (audio and mic in one cable) and an external sound card. The sound-card is nothing special, so only get version 2 if you've got a laptop or a really bad sound-card, otherwise just go with version 1.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2015 7:27am | Report
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2922086/review-the-hyperx-cloud-ii-makes-the-best-sub-100-headset-a-little-better.html

Personally, I would get the cloud 1 and if I wanted to spend extra money I would get an actual sound card.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2015 8:03am | Report
The cheapest Cloud 1 I could find is 79€, cheapest Cloud 2 is 89€ on discount for today. Should I invest the extra 10€?

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2015 8:15am | Report
I'd still stick to this advice.
Searz wrote:

Same headset, but version two comes with a combined cord (audio and mic in one cable) and an external sound card. The sound-card is nothing special, so only get version 2 if you've got a laptop or a really bad sound-card, otherwise just go with version 1.
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2015 10:29am | Report
Personally, I would get the cloud 1 and if I wanted to spend extra money I would get an actual sound card.

Yeah, just make sure it's a good quality (look for actual measurements) USB sound-card, not an internal PCI card. Those are ****.
Joxuu wrote:
The cheapest Cloud 1 I could find is 79€, cheapest Cloud 2 is 89€ on discount for today. Should I invest the extra 10€?

If you have a PC newer than 5 years you should probably get version 1, since chances are that your sound-card is perfectly decent. As I wrote: "only get version 2 if you've got a laptop or a really bad sound-card"
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide