Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Osu!

Creator: 97BligenN December 23, 2013 6:02am
284 posts - page 24 of 29
Do you play osu?
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 1:41pm | Report
I liked Yousei Teikoku beatmaps to get from normal--> hard --> insane

Spoiler: Click to view

They usually have big variety of difficulties.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 2:24pm | Report

The one you linked is for complete beginners that play the game for the first time. Mine is for transitioning from normla to hard difficulty :)
I see.... Why don't we team up and rampage the world using these threads of educational osuness together? Muahahahahah >:)

Seriously though, I didn't realize this wasn't intended for beginners, there's probably more value in mastrer's post for you R4ge.

How do you deal with those bouncing sliders, especially if they bounce more than once? I pretty much always lose my streak at those things.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 2:29pm | Report

How do you deal with those bouncing sliders, especially if they bounce more than once? I pretty much always lose my streak at those things.

I realise that this prohably isn't helpful, but I just hold the key down until I get my 300 points :P
I guess it is just practise.

edit: do you mean sliders where you just have to keep your mouse at the same spot or do you mean sliders where you have to move it?
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 2:33pm | Report
I alternate my keypress finger for sliders like that, so I can press and hold with one and prepare for the next note with the 2nd finger.
Mb that helps
Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 12:35am | Report

You look for the next note's approach circle : even if you don't know how many times you have to bounce, just follow the current slider until you'll have to go for the next note. This tip helped me when you have several small bouncing sliders (those when you don't have to move your cursor) in a row.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 3:47am | Report
Much thanks to all three of you!
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
NoobyPower
<Member>
NoobyPower's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 9:08pm | Report
Since there's been a lot of discussion on techniques to use while playing, I'd like to contribute by adding some of my own.

1. Listen to the beat/rhythm/vocals of the song - time your tapping accordingly. Simple tip, but sometimes overlooked.

2. Aim for the centre of the circles - try to aim for the middle of your circle numbers and think of the size of the circle from the centre as leniency for your aim.

2.5. When playing streams, aim at the centre and, if you have a semi-transparent circle skin, follow the numbers. Also, a general tip when following streams is to look about 3 circles in front of your current playing circle so that you can keep up with it and not break your combo.

3. Look ahead of the note/s you are currently on - this usually requires you to be at least somewhat comfortable with the approach rate (AR) you're playing on, but it helps a lot when being able to keep up with the map and plan your next move after hitting your current circle, which is especially helpful on jumps.

4.Try to follow a slider all the way to the end - this helps to reduce those annoying 100s when you let go of a slider too early, but it can also help you keep your pacing on the map better, since the mappers take into account the placement of the next note from the end of the slider before it. Of course, this doesn't really apply to slider leniency, where a slider is so short that you only need an 'extended' tap to complete it.

5. Pay attention to each individual space between one circle and the next - this is especially important when doing square or star patterns, as if you look at the pattern as a whole, you tend to miss everything past the first two circles, whereas if you look at the pattern one jump at a time, you can easily keep up with the pattern.
Did I help you out? +Rep me :)
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sigs!

Check out my Tristana guide! Tristana: The Little Package of Destruction (OLD)

New Tristana guide coming soonTM
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 10:21pm | Report

SS'd a song and finally hit 3k pp :D
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2014 12:20am | Report
tehAsian wrote:

SS'd a song and finally hit 3k pp :D

Nice and congratzz! :o
NoobyPower
<Member>
NoobyPower's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2014 9:05pm | Report

Oooh yisss, broke the 16k barrier again :>
Did I help you out? +Rep me :)

Check out my Tristana guide! Tristana: The Little Package of Destruction (OLD)

New Tristana guide coming soonTM

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide