Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting ****...

Creator: Mowen October 22, 2013 7:50am
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2015 3:00pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:
The problem I think is the blame shifting game, you know - the whole "they were asking for it" mindset that encourages the same behavior while managing to convince the "offender" that they're in the right.

Don't make assumptions please. I'm against both sides.
I think it's ****ing idiotic to dress up in a sexual outfit to garner sexual attention and then scream about it when people give it to you.
I also think it's ****ing idiotic to demean another human being and committing inappropriate deeds because of sexual attraction.
Both are ****ing idiots. **** em' all I say. People are idiots.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2015 3:09pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:

Is it that difficult for an adult to show restraint?

It shouldn't be, sadly it isn't the way some men work.

I personally do feel that women do carry some sort of responsibility for what they wear, e.g. if you dress overly 'sexy' like that you have to expect that some men are going to treat you differently. That isn't to say that men should sexually harass you if you do still decide to go against the grain and dress like that, but it doesn't hurt anyone or anything to put on a little bit longer skirt and a less exposing shirt/bra so why not do that if you know there's a risk like that?

Searz wrote:

I think it's ****ing idiotic to dress up in a sexual outfit to garner sexual attention and then scream about it when people give it to you.
I also think it's ****ing idiotic to demean another human being and committing inappropriate deeds because of sexual attraction.
Both are ****ing idiots. **** em' all I say. People are idiots.

Exactly this, although I do think some of those cosplayers aren't even smart enough to understand that their costumes garner sexual attention. I actually have a feeling they're just unsure about themselves and therefore dress pro-actively (knew a couple of those girls in highschool).
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2015 4:20pm | Report
Searz wrote:
Are you talking about her now? Because MomoCon has this description on the website: "MomoCon is a fan convention in Atlanta that brings together fans of Anime, Animation, Comics, Video Games, and Tabletop Games"
I was making a general statement about people's decisions to wear various cosplays at venues that seem to be the wrong ones. This con seems to be pretty similar to the one in my hometown, only the one in my hometown has much more specific rules about what level of revealing is appropriate (because it does draw a younger crowd and specifics make it easier for everyone involved) and they have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to sexual harassment.

I think the con's downfall was not bothering to deal with complaints of sexual harassment (people walking into girls and touching/fondling them in a blatantly sexual manner without their consent is sexual assault in the eyes of the law here in the US). I don't give two ****s about them basically deciding to kick her out. She wasn't the only one who complained about being harassed, so they really should have done something. Some of the cosplayers being harassed could easily have been underage, which is a problem. They're going to get themselves in trouble if they continue to blow it off and something more serious happens at their con.

And, yes, if they decided to tell her, essentially, to change or leave, they should have done that to everyone wearing overly sexualized costumes.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2015 5:50pm | Report
the one in my hometown has much more specific rules about what level of revealing is appropriate (because it does draw a younger crowd and specifics make it easier for everyone involved) and they have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to sexual harassment.

Sounds great.

Let's hope some other cons pick up similar rules.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2015 5:54pm | Report
Ok so now that we sorted that out

LEARN THE DAMN TMS

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2015 1:42am | Report
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2015 1:57am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
ri]
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2015 3:33am | Report
Let me tell you the story of Yuri the Russian Diver.

You see, Yuri, he's this middle-aged Russian worker. Hard worker, but he has to be, growing up in the poor neighbourhoods of Moscow. Doesn't like violence, so he doesn't join the army, and the only thing he's really good at is physical labour. Poor Yuri's daily routine was basically to get out of bed in his cramped, dirty little bachelor apartment, really just a hole in the wall, then walk to work through muddy streets in the summer, slushy streets in the winter, and break his back for ten hours a day to get paid thirty rubles a month.

Every day, when he comes home, he falls asleep with the mantra in his head: Yuri, it's okay. Everyone has a difficult life here, and you are used to it. You are used to these hardships. Don't let them bother you. And every day, he'd wake up and do it all over again.

But, one day, as he was walking home from the quarry, he sees this huge billboard on the side of a building that had just been put up. Rise of capitalism and all that jazz. On the billboard is a beautiful Russian woman in a bathing-suit, posing and flashing her pretty teeth. Under the woman is the address to the local gymnasium and the phrase: LEARN TO SWIM! TEN RUBLES!

So, naturally Yuri is a bit hesitant. That's a third of his monthly earnings, but he sees the pretty girl on the advertisement and starts thinking, Yuri! Look at that! Maybe, if you go to the pool and learn to swim, you could meet a beautiful woman like that! Maybe this life of hardships and toil doesn't have to be so dull!

So, Yuri convinces himself to go. He saves up a bit of money, and sure enough, a week later he is at the gym and he slaps down the ten rubles to learn to swim. Now, while he didn't meet any beautiful women there because mostly it was just lonely guys who responded to the ad, he decided not to let that ruin the investment and he took to swimming with his entire being. His Russian work ethic made him excel in all his classes, and soon, he had learned the front stroke, the back stroke, and was swimming laps like an Olympic hopeful. For a time, he was very happy, but slowly, he realized he would not meet any beautiful women at the pool, and he was not learning anything else from the novice instructors.

So, he goes back to his usual life of hardships, working at the quarry, and only goes to the pool once in a while when he has a day off to keep up his swimming. But then, one day, as he is returning from work...he sees that the billboard has changed. LEARN TO DIVE! TWENTY RUBLES! With the sexy Russian woman now in a two-piece suit, nonetheless.

So, once again, Yuri says: Yuri! Look at that! Maybe, if you learn to dive, you could finally meet that beautiful woman, and at the very least, swimming will be exciting again! Maybe this life of hardships and toil doesn't have to be so dull!

Naturally, twenty rubles takes him a while to save up. He suffers incredible hardships, eating only the cheapest food. He doesn't pay his electricity bill for a month, and ends up spending many nights cold and shivering in addition to the usual hardships. However, it lasts only a few weeks and he has easily saved his rubles. Goes down to the gym and plunks down the money, informing the cashier that he intends to learn to dive!

So, he puts all his effort into learning to dive.Learns the half-gainer, full-gainer, back-flips, swan-dives... Mastered it all in less than a week. Our man Yuri was making high-dives at the end of the month that would have put him on the jet to Olympia.

Still, it wasn't enough to completely remove him from the hardships of reality. There were a few women in the class, but they were all future hopefuls that were ten or twelve years old. Yuri never met the hot woman from the billboard, but soon he was the best in his class...nay...in Russia! So he became dejected again with the fact that he could not learn anything more and started picking up overtime at the quarry instead of going to the pool. This only made him more miserable, and soon, he had accepted that his life of hardships was not going to get any better.

Then, one day, he sees a new billboard up on the building as he's coming home from work. This one has a beautiful American woman on it, smiling and waving in front of the Statue of Liberty. Under the picture is: COME TO AMERICA! FIFTY RUBLES!

Yuri sighs and convinces himself to keep walking. But the next day, and the next day, he sees that sign and that promise of a new life in America, and he gets to thinking: Yuri! What are you doing here? You are the best swimmer in all of Russia, and yet, you wallow in your life of hardships! You are the best diver in all of Russia, and yet you go every day to your depressing job! Yuri, maybe if you go to America, you can leave your life of tiring work and hardships behind, and finally meet some nice women! YES! Yuri, don't you see? This is a sign!

So, Yuri begins to save up all his money. He eats nothing but the poorest food and even starts going to the homeless soup kitchen to make sure he is strong enough to keep working all the overtime he is pulling in. He sells all his worldly possessions minus a few sets of clothes and his bathing suit. Finally, after suffering incredible hardships - long, exhausting days and near-sleepless, shivering nights for an entire month - he is able to finally sell his little apartment and scrape together the fifty rubles plus food for the two-week-long trip by steamer.

Yuri the Greatest Swimmer and Diver in all of Russia walks down to the harbour, finds the ticket counter and plops down the fifty rubles, saying to the lady: 'Take me to America! I am leaving this life of hardship behind!'

Now, Yuri gets on the boat and they leave the port, heading West that very afternoon. It is a fine, sturdy boat, so his fears are lessened right away, and there are many other passengers who are like him, and who have even heard of Yuri's excellent skill at diving, so he has lots of people to talk to. In fact, he's almost a celebrity on board. But, with nothing to do but stare out the windows or wander around on the deck, everyone starts to get restless and bored. Yuri gets tired of talking about diving with everyone so he basically just sits in his cabin room and does nothing.

But, of course, Yuri is used to hardships and manages to keep himself busy by imagining all the things he can do once he gets to America. In fact, one day, about half-way though the trip, he starts to figure out he could open up a swimming school, and this makes him very excited. Before he can start drawing out plans, however...BOOM!

The boat slowly comes to a stop in the middle of the ocean and the captain comes onto the intercom. He says that one of the engines broke down and it will be at least three hours before they will be moving again. This makes all the bored people even more antsy, and Yuri hears many people grumbling and mad and complaining as he walks around that day. Suddenly, he comes up with an idea!

He says to himself: Yuri, you are the best Swimmer in all of Russia, are you not? You are the best Diver in all of Russia, too! Why not use this time to enjoy the ocean and go for a dive? Surely the Captain wouldn't mind! And sure enough, word that an expert diver putting on a show circulates around the boat and the captain agrees, hoping it will entertain and calm the passengers as the repairs finish. The water is tranquil and beautiful. The air is warm and there have been no signs of sharks or danger for miles and miles. So, confident it is safe, Yuri finally runs to his cabin and changes into his bathing suit. He even looks at the clock to make sure he waited an hour after breakfast before swimming.

When he comes up onto deck, most of the ship is there to watch. Everyone is excited and whispering: he's Yuri! The best Diver in all of Russia! This will be quite a show! Yuri, well, he is filled with happiness and confidence, so he declares to the crowd: "I will attempt my highest dive ever from the top of the crow's nest!"

So, he climbs up the ladder to the crow's nest high above the deck. It takes him a few minutes to get up there, but by the time he has finished climbing, everyone is excited and even the crew is watching. So, without wanting to wait too long, Yuri stretches, readies himself, and even checks the air with a lick of his finger."

Yuri takes a few steps back on the crow's nest, then runs and leaps into the air! Two back flips! Then, a corkscrew! Then, a front flip! Then...BAM!

Yuri missed the edge of the boat and accidentally hit the metal deck! And everyone is sure he's hurt or dead, but as everyone comes running up to him, shouting 'Yuri! Yuri! Are you alright!?! Yuri! Are you hurt? Yuri!!!' he gets up, rubbing his head painfully. Then, he turns to the surprised audience, and says: 'It's okay. I'm alright. I'm used to hard-ships.'
TheRealCefor
<Member>
TheRealCefor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2015 3:44am | Report
If this wasn't copied and pasted, I'm impressed

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide