Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Raising the legal age for buying alcohol >.<

Creator: Pølsemanden January 6, 2012 3:56am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 9:27pm | Report
Learn the definition of a word, before using it, please.

I'm not comparing the two. I'm not pointing out resemblances between drinking, and being in the military. I'm not pointing out similarities between the two, either.

Just stating the obvious fact, that it's pretty stupid that an 18 year old can put his life on the line for is country, yet can't sit down and have a beer. Legally.

No matter which way you look at it, it's ****ing stupid.

-rep for being a derp. ;D
b3astliness
<Member>
b3astliness's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 9:29pm | Report
I think people who were exposed to alcohol earlier tend to be more responsible with drink. Take me for example, I drank once at age 10 haven't ever touched alcohol since then it tastes like ****.

Cred to Keondre for this ^
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 9:51pm | Report
In america its 21...
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 10:17pm | Report
iBradlee wrote:

I'm not comparing the two. I'm not pointing out resemblances between drinking, and being in the military. I'm not pointing out similarities between the two, either.

Then why bring it up when honestly, it's a pointless point? Hey guys! I can drive when i turn 16 BUT I CAN'T DRINK ALCHOHOL TILL IM 21! MAKES SENSE YAH! YEAAAAAH!

Hey, this is kind of fun to do.
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 10:20pm | Report
I'm going to pretend that the previous post both made sense, and was funny, and say:

yes
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 10:59pm | Report
WHAT IS REALLY FUNNY IS THAT I USE THE SAME LOGIC FOR ALL OF YOUR POSTS TOO
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 8:52am | Report
Very dumb move by the danish government.
I doubt it'll do any good.

The buying-alcohol-age in Sweden is 20. So everyone the age of 15 runs around getting alcohol in lesser traversed areas from complete strangers that might as well be selling drugs too.
I know because that was me 5 years ago.
I don't know about you guys, but feels a tiny bit like having a sign reading "RAPE ME" hanging around your neck.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 8:57am | Report
Quoted:

Actually doesn't bother me that much, since i'm almost 18 anyways..
I just think that it's stupid to limit something that doesn't hurt anyone but one self with age.

Tell that to the people who die in drunk driving accidents...At least in the US Drunk driving is a somewhat prevelant issue. Along with everything else.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 8:58am | Report
Wintermond wrote:

Kids shouldn't be allowed to drink the hard stuff, you simply can't take any responsibility for the stuff you do to yourself at the age of 16.

They never could. They had age 16 for below 16.5% alcohol and 18 for anything above.
Those would be the ideal restrictions in my opinion.

I know since I was in Denmark last year and bought some whiskey :3
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 11:08am | Report
Actually Denmark, Russia and Finland are the worst countries in Europe when it comes to young people drinking, so I see why the government wants to do something about it - I have lived my entire life in DK (except last 3 months), watching young people doing ****ed up things, because they got drunk. But then again, grown people do ****ed up things as well when drunk ^^
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide