Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Raising the legal age for buying alcohol >.<

Creator: PƃĀølsemanden January 6, 2012 3:56am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 11:24am | Report
But I doubt it's the laws that make people drink, because Russia has 18 as minimum age and Finland has 18 for below 22% and 20 for above 22% alcohol.
And many countries have much lower requirements than that too..
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 3:26pm | Report
The culture plays an even bigger part of it. In Denmark it is culture to drink at so many events as possible, because people seem to have issues with having fun and being socially capable of being outgoing without alcohol xD

*Might be exaggerated*
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 4:35pm | Report
Yea, I'm pretty sure culture is the biggest problem.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 4:50pm | Report
I'm not sure what the Danish government hope to achieve by this. Fake IDs exist, if it should come to it. Some 15-yearolds get IDs that state them to be 19 or even 21 to get in at some clubs. Hell, if they look that age, they can get in - if not, then the bouncer might not believe them - but then again, if they pay for the booze they sell, then aren't they only a profit?

And in supermarkets: Aren't they purchasing products that make they sell? They gain, and they can't be blamed: It's the youngsters own fault(And in some cases: More likely their parents' fault) if they go and get themselves hurt, or have to go to the hospital to have the alcohol pumped out.

Raising the purchase of alcohol age isn't going to stop 14-yearolds from drinking at private parties. It isn't going to stop travelling parents in giving their children money to live on, while they're gone, which they then use on booze, and partying. There will always be those parents/children.
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 5:17pm | Report
Getting fake ID in Denmark is hard, btw.

Not as common like other places.
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 5:20pm | Report
Well, from Denmark as well, only I have never attempted at getting a Fake ID. Someone from my class states to be 21, though she only just hit 18 years, just to be allowed into some club she likes to go to.

Seems to work for her, at least. Then again; They may not take such great looks at it, when the ID is flashed. Who knows. I don't. :3
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 5:22pm | Report
Mysteries of the world, ladies and gentlemen....

Mysteries...
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 6:25pm | Report
I actually think that it might help in some cases to lower the age - when young people want to experiment with liquor, perhaps on a normal weekday, and they want to go to a supermarket and buy liquor to get hammered.. Then they can't get some drunk older guy/girl to do it. - And often the older ones won't do it, at least in the groups of people I hang out with. Dunno about other places in Denmark, but where I come from the supermarkets check ID, because they can lose their license to sell alcohol, if they sell to under-aged. ^^
So they are somewhat strict with that.
Furthermore I know that some places, they check people's ID to check whether they are 18 or not, and if they aren't they have to leave the place at 1 o'clock in the night and they can't buy liquor. And if they are seen drinking liquor they are banned from the place for 1-3 months.
Furthermore the story about young people, who go to the hospital, they are quite rare. I've never ever attended to a party, where someone got so drunk that he/she needed to get the alcohol pumped out. And I've been at a lot of parties/festivals etc. - I know it does happen, but it's not nearly as often as the media make it sound.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide