Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

SCOTUS strikes down DOMA!!!!!!!!

Creator: throatslasher June 26, 2013 11:32am
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 4:08pm | Report
Just going to remind people that it was a 4 to 5 in favor of equality. It won by a landslide and that's what's still shameful about the US government.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 5:07pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

As someone with quite a few friends there, I take offense to that.

you can call it America as much as you want. the only thing that holds it toghether is the president, the dollar and and agreement of "being American". other than that, each state has its opinions, its legislation. Its not offensive, i was merely stating a difference. If you want to be offended i really don't care since that wasn't even the point.

Thread completely derailed in 5 comments. Well done, folks.

This is now a thread about alabama because you guys have nothing to contribute but still want to pad your post count.

I advise you, and not only, to look beyond the face value of what I write. you can also give no value. I'm not forcing it on you.
Mooninites wrote:

pheyniex got involved, did you really expect anything intelligent to come of future posts?

as a person of noticeable prejudice, indeed you should expect little from me. However, as always, your eyes fall short.

Anyway... It unfortunately takes a lot of time for people to realise people are responsible for their options. If a person decides something that affect himself only, e should be allowed to do it. A person should be the owner of its body and mind. Denying marriage to anyone that simply wants it is even less of a discussion comparing to euthanasia or drug consumption.
If people (worrse, the state) want to have a discussion on definition and allowance that affects one person or a second agreeing party there is certainly overzealousness regarding minor business like this.
LaĆÆcitĆ© of the government and freedon of individuals should allow such simple things as "marriage" by anyone of any gender and social status, etc. If there should be limits such as the ones imposed by e.g. known phenomena, those are/should be legislated.

I'll repeat: why the **** are politics so slow and unfocused? why do people keep imposing their ways on others? why the **** do I have to ****ing explain every ****ing detail of what I say before any deranged person thinks I don't have a valid opinion?
z.z

Sig made by elenah
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 5:18pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

you can call it America as much as you want. the only thing that holds it toghether is the president, the dollar and and agreement of "being American". other than that, each state has its opinions, its legislation. Its not offensive, i was merely stating a difference. If you want to be offended i really don't care since that wasn't even the point.

soooooooo by that logic every single state is technically its own country in the country of the united states of america, or in the way you put it the united countries of america

and people dont think you have a valid opinion because most of the time you only write one like of something completely unrelated then get mad when people say what you said is dumb, and its hard to see any meaning behind "alabama is its own country"

ANYWAYS woo gays, i have a ton of homosexual family members and friends (most of which are actually living in states where its already legal to get married but whatever)
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 5:24pm | Report
you live there, can't you really remember that each state has it's shinenigans? the conservative states will keep prejudice against same-sex marriage. that's a no brainer. so yes, it's a different country, within a country.

if its that hard to see the consequenses of my first comment, maybe think about it a little more, if you want.

btw, slavery was still valid in mississipi this year. i don't get how you can say i don't have a point.

Sig made by Hogopogo
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 5:31pm | Report
the thing you said about mississippi obviously shows you have no ****ing idea how american law works so you should just leave this thread before you embarrass yourself more, i was going to explain in detail why youre completely wrong with that but it would just go over your head and get this more off topic

also what you said about each state having different policies also shows you have no idea about how american government works, its BIG government and small government, as in the federal government and the state government, each state can have laws such as laws on taxes and marriage, and the federal government can have different laws too, and no it doesnt make every state a different country since theyre all a part of the USA

seriously dont post in a thread if you have no idea what youre talking about youre just making yourself look silly and derailing things annoying everyone

ALSO this whole YAY GAY thing is making facebook annoying today
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 5:37pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

the thing you said about mississippi obviously shows you have no ****ing idea how american law works so you should just leave this thread before you embarrass yourself more, i was going to explain in detail why youre completely wrong with that but it would just go over your head and get this more off topic

also what you said about each state having different policies also shows you have no idea about how american government works, its BIG government and small government, as in the federal government and the state government, each state can have laws such as laws on taxes and marriage, and the federal government can have different laws too, and no it doesnt make every state a different country since theyre all a part of the USA

the law was not revoked in congress, therefore valid.
you too are more worried about the definition than the concept. you just supported my argument.

"and the federal government can have different laws too"

i did not have a discussion of which government weighs more.
either way, if you are being so picky about me refering to a state as a country, please refer to another post of mine, where I state what makes America (read USA) as such are 3 things.

not only you don't think about what i write when i make it short, you also don't read when I make it long. Suit yourself.

Sig made by Hogopogo
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 5:59pm | Report
what you just said doesnt change the fact that you know next to nothing about the american government and should stop posting in topics you know nothing about, please dont derail the thread anymore plixxy pl0x plax plux plex plyx
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 6:06pm | Report
I love how intelligent he tries to sound when everyone reveals what a ****ing moron he is

it's also pretty hilarious when he tries to convince he knows more about America and american law than us.

Pheyniex wrote:

as a person of noticeable prejudice

apparently prejudice means 'not agreeing with you'.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 6:10pm | Report
i was really going to type this huge thing about how wrong he was about the whole mississippi thing but its just not worth it

but can anyone explain this to me? does this mean that states can still decide if gay marriage is legal in that state or not? cuz all over facebook im seeing my ******ed friends going "OMG GAY MARRIAGE IS LEGAL" and then i see my smart friends comment saying "no its not cuz blah blah blah"
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 8:47am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

but can anyone explain this to me? does this mean that states can still decide if gay marriage is legal in that state or not? cuz all over facebook im seeing my ******ed friends going "OMG GAY MARRIAGE IS LEGAL" and then i see my smart friends comment saying "no its not cuz blah blah blah"

The part of DOMA that defined marriage was struck down. This means that same-sex married couples living in states where same-sex marriage is legal are going to get federal benefits just like heterosexual married couples. The reason that we need to temper our enthusiasm is that 38 states still do not allow same-sex marriage, and it is unclear whether or not federal benefits will be extended to same-sex couples who get married in a state that allows same-sex marriages but living in states where same-sex marriage is illegal.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide