Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Fallout 4 Forum

Creator: TheRealCefor November 8, 2015 11:34pm
92 posts - page 6 of 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2015 1:55am | Report
Toshabi wrote:
Searz is actually a salesman that works for Bethsedia and is only acting overly obnoxious to cause you to "get back at him" by buying the game.

Tosh analysis complete.

....that actually makes a lot of sense

Basically MOBAFire.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2015 2:46am | Report
Another negative of Fallout 4, at times the game gets very choppy and the textures tend to go from great to bad to meh on a whim. I know my computer is a year or so behind in tech but at times I believe it is simply the game itself.

Definitely the game. Reviewers have complained about poor framerate, bad texture pop-in and general low texture quality.
A year behind? You mean that it's from 2014? That's pretty damn new if you ask me. The only reason such a PC would be too weak would be if you got a very cheap PC.
Quoted:
Sorry for calling you out, Searz. In retrospect you did nothing really to upset me. I simply took your honest critic of the game too personally, idk why.

NP. You live and learn.
Quoted:
I personally did not like Oblivion and Fallout 3/NV because of the terrible graphics and lack of key features like sprinting. My first Bethesda game was Skyrim and it pained me to go back and play those older games.

Well, the sad thing is that Fallout 4 is a pretty ugly game by today's standards. There are many games much prettier than this. Even from last year. Shadow Of Mordor looks much better than this.
That's a great third person action (rather than RPG) focused open world game that currently is far more worthy of somebody's time.
But if you want an RPG there's even a recent release for that too: The Witcher 3.
Even now that you've bought the game, I honestly do recommend that you wait a little with playing Fallout 4 and play something else in the meantime. Just a couple of months would fix a lot of problems with the game and even allow some good mods to crop up. But if you're almost done with the main game you might as well finish up, then maybe come back in a few years to see how much the game is improved by mods and patches.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2015 4:11am | Report
Ok Searz. I'll have a go at being totally honest about how I feel about the game (Having not played it yet, only seeing it). I'd like to apologize as well. I just dislike when I feel like you're belittling or looking down upon people for wanting to like something.

The Bad:

1. Complaints about texture quality/graphics in general. I can see the argument but ultimately this doesn't break deals for me in most games because I was a nostalgia blinded 90's child who still remembers how amazing Super Mario 64 looked the first time I saw it. Basically, I just think of that every time someone says a new games graphics are not amazing; "I thought Super Mario 64 looked realistic when it came out."

2. The interface still sucks. Having watched Gopher play the game with a keyboard, hearing his near constant *****ing about the poor keybinding and ability to set keybindings, combined with the UI, which was nearly unchanged from Fallout 3-NV, is disheartening.

3. Lack of cool companions. I've seen the list. Aside from Dogmeat (simply for being a loyal, non judgmental being) none of them stand out as being cool to have around or amazing characterization. Companions in Bethesda games often have this blank slate feeling that's kinda like "Oh, this just just another character for me to gear up and occasionally they say stuff but have low relevance to the plot". And I won't start berating the companion AI because that is not an issue that is solely confined to Bethesda. Nearly every game with AI allies have ****ty AI and/or terrible micromanagement abilities (See; Dragon Age: Inquisition)

The Good:

1. I simply like the structure of Bethesda games. They may all be the same, more or less, but I say don't fix what ain't broken. I still sense the scope of the landscape, and feel the urge to explore everything and uncover secrets. A tried and true format at this point. Some may say that they didn't innovate the game, but I think they simply improved upon an already working system.

2. The level of customization over your character. Games tend to get cheap points out of this with me, as I simply enjoy character crafting. I love making backstories and personalities for my characters, which in some ways are improved by the new crafting systems and how the gear works. It's not all great though, as the protagonist is now voiced, forcing a Mass Effect-esque scenario where you never actually feel like you're "you". You're controlling the Lone Survivor.

3. The Settlement thing. From what I've seen, it's a really cool addition that I could easily lose myself in working on. "I just need to build a perimeter around the Red Rocket. No raiders are coming throu-what was I doing? Oh right. My son. I forgot they kidnapped my son."

While admittedly, Fallout 4 (as all Bethesda games) has a lot of issues, but I ultimately don't feel like this will diminish the fun I could have playing the game, and still plan on buying it (with a PS4 specifically to play Fallout 4)
TheRealCefor
<Member>
TheRealCefor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2015 4:47am | Report
Searz wrote:
A year behind? You mean that it's from 2014? That's pretty damn new if you ask me. The only reason such a PC would be too weak would be if you got a very cheap PC.

Naw, my computer is about 5 years old, it was just good enough to run games on Ultra until about Metal Gear Solid V came out. Even Warhammer Vermintide is too graphically intense for my current setup.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2015 6:14am | Report
I'd like to apologize as well.

It's water under the bridge.

Quoted:
Complaints about texture quality/graphics in general.

Well, I mainly brought that up due to Cefor complaining about how bad the older games looked.
I generally don't put too much weight behind looks as long as the game runs well, which Fallout 4 sadly doesn't :/

Quoted:
I simply like the structure of Bethesda games. They may all be the same, more or less, but I say don't fix what ain't broken.

Well... The game is arguably broken :D
Quoted:
(with a PS4 specifically to play Fallout 4)

I've heard that the console versions have huge framerate issues. Worse than PC. Just something to consider.
Naw, my computer is about 5 years old, it was just good enough to run games on Ultra until about Metal Gear Solid V came out. Even Warhammer Vermintide is too graphically intense for my current setup.

Just curious, what are your specs?
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2015 6:21am | Report
Here's a good video on the topic of console FPS. Falling below 20FPS is borderline unplayable in my opinion.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2015 11:58am | Report
OTG im just gonna let you know that youd have to really be into creating settlements if you want to do it, its extremely boring and i can see how it has its perks but id rather just buy a house in the main city and put 6 boxes to put **** in
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2015 1:06pm | Report
I like making ****. Sandboxy stuff is usually infinitely more fun for me than storyline stuff. xD

And @Searz, ouch, that does look pretty painful to watch, but here's my thinking here; Consoles often get patches (bugfixes/performance improvements) first, and since I cant afford the pS4 yetm theres a good chance it will be patched before I can in a month or so. And yeah, my biggest reason for going for the PS4 is that it's a third of the price to me upgrading my computer... And I've been watching Gopher stream it, and he's been constantly crying about how it feels like the game was most definitely made for consoles then badly ported to the PC (Bad interfacing and keyboard controls for a PC game).
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2015 1:23pm | Report
I really enjoy storyline a lot myself but I can't count the hours I've wasted building my house in Skyrim and fine-tuning everything to my likings. Being able to customise your character can be so much fun, and is perhaps one of the things that for me can make up for a sub-par storyline.
TheRealCefor
<Member>
TheRealCefor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2015 2:38pm | Report
Searz wrote:
Just curious, what are your specs?

I'm not a very tech savvy guy but my computer has a Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 v2. I had my friend build my computer for all-you-can-eat at Sonny's BBQ, so honestly I really don't know what my true specs are.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide