Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Trayvon Martin Case Discussion

Creator: Mooninites June 24, 2013 8:44pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 5:39pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

well, sorry, but being black is reason enough for some people to fear for their life

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/06/26/Prosecution-witness-Trayvon

- in an absolute shocker, turns out trayvon martin was racist

I believe they are bringing in voice experts to determine who was screaming, zimm or tray.

there is no way to do this, FBI audio experts tried to determine it, but could not, and thus was inconclusive. I could be wrong but I think the audio itself is barred from the case because it was inconclusive.

Needless to say the defense alleges that Mr. Martin said that the screams were not of his son, and some of zimmermans family/friends said they were his screams. But I don't now how much of this can be used

in any case I'd be surprised if theres enough evidence to convict him, innocent until proven guilty. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he is convicted
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 5:47pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/06/26/Prosecution-witness-Trayvon

- in an absolute shocker, turns out trayvon martin was racist

oh, martin was armed and shot zimmerman. case closed then. why's all the fuss?

(fallacies of the genre "A implies B, therefore B implies A" are rather naive, btw).

As requested to GMD himself.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 6:06pm | Report
moon i dont think mocking people works if they dont know theyre getting mocked...or know what theyre talking about

anyways i read some of the comments on that "article" you just posted and holy obama hate

but still why should race even matter?
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 8:55pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

moon i dont think mocking people works if they dont know theyre getting mocked...or know what theyre talking about

LOL too true, no point insulting someone too stupid understand how hes being insulted
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2013 12:50pm | Report
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57592866-504083/george-zimmerman-trial-trayvon-martin-was-on-top-of-zimmerman-when-teen-was-shot-gunshot-wound-expert-testifies/

Developments in the Case: (brief overview)

- Trayvon Martin was under the influence of Marijuana, whether it was a significant enough amount cannot be determined

- Trayvon Martin was on top of George Zimmerman according to an eye witness account as well as Dr. Di Maio a forensic pathologist who confirmed that Martin would have been on top

- Police officers of the Sanford Police Department confirmed that the back of Zimmerman's jacket was damp consistent as if he had been laying on the ground (as it had been misting)

- Yells/Screams for help could not be determined. Both Trayvon Martin's Mother and George Zimmerman's mother claimed it to be their sons. Trayvon Martin's father initially claimed that the screams were not his sons, but now believes they are

- Rachel Jentell, girlfriend of Trayvon Martin and last person to talk to him, testified that the last she heard was Martin call the man following him a "Creepy *** cracker" and then heard a bump before the phone call was cut off

- Zimmerman was considered a very poor fighter by the owner of the gym he attended and also did not graduate from his first degree of grappling school nor boxing
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2013 10:27pm | Report
http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/2504917

Prosecution trying to lessen the charges against Zimmerman. Basically an admission of defeat that the prosecution has failed to prove zimmerman guilty of second degree murder
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2013 7:16pm | Report
George Zimmerman found not guilty
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2013 8:52pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

George Zimmerman found not guilty

Woah, last time I checked, The judge was only considering lesser charges for Zimmermann...Was there a kind of twist during the prosecution, or did they simply fail to prove that Zimmermann was guilty?
Valkenhyn
<Member>
Valkenhyn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2013 9:26pm | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

Woah, last time I checked, The judge was only considering lesser charges for Zimmermann...Was there a kind of twist during the prosecution, or did they simply fail to prove that Zimmermann was guilty?

the prosecution basically presented a pretty weak case, I mean hell, one of their witnesses ended up helping the defense in cross-examination b/c he was the only witness to the actual fighting and he said TM was straddling GZ and kicking his s**t in

Honestly I was expecting him to get nabbed on a lesser offence but he seems to have been acquitted of all charges
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2013 9:35am | Report
Isn't self-defence a kind of a case where presumption of negligence is used? As in Zimmerman has to prove that it was in self-defence rather than the court having to disprove it, given the difficult nature of disproving self-defence.

In my eyes as a dane it just seems wrong to me that he shot a guy and didn't get punished in the slightest, even if it was a black guy..
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide