Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

There is something seriously wrong with the...

Creator: Searz August 9, 2012 11:47am
1 2
The LZ
<Member>
The LZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2012 3:24pm | Report
I agree with Canoas -_-.
It's a really annoying system.
I remember a story of some German inventors
who invented some kind of improved windmill or
whatnot. But then some americans came and saw
this and hurried to patent it. . . At least that's
the bit I remember. It's also crazy how those big
companies just stock up on patents, just waiting or
Hoping someone will infringe upon one of them, so they
can sue them for millions or more. Or just, such as with
Apple vs Samsung (I believe) get courts to rule that an infringing
product, may not be sold in region X or country X.
"(Btw LZ, I read all of your posts like a poem because your paragraphs look like stanzas. It's rather amusing. :P)" - PsiGuard
"^ya same
why you write like that" - wRAthoFVuLK
"Why DO you write like that?" - Amazing Monkey
"Why do you write like that LZ?" - iownedya
"no-one knows, but it is unique.
An artist originalising his work,
per say. Yet what have I done,
I have copied his work.
It's probably wrong too, but lolz. Keep at it LZ, since it makes reading your posts interesting." - ShiftyCake
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2012 5:50pm | Report
Another companies are evil creatures thread?

/popcorn 1
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2012 6:56pm | Report
Id like to patent trolling
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2012 3:24am | Report
Quoted:

Another companies are evil creatures thread?

/popcorn 1

It's not the companies' fault... it's the patenting system that's broken.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2012 8:22am | Report
Canoas wrote:

It's not the companies' fault... it's the patenting system that's broken.

I know, but everyone is just soo damn stupid on the internet regarding companies.
For example LZ's comment about how they "stock up on patents" to "sue for infringing upon them".

Also, patents are good, getting abused yes - but they're still both good and needed.

Noone would wanna invent anything if one day later their greatest competitor would copy the exact product and sell it cheaper.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2012 8:32am | Report
Quoted:

Also, patents are good, getting abused yes - but they're still both good and needed.

Noone would wanna invent anything if one day later their greatest competitor would copy the exact product and sell it cheaper.

Actually, no. In fact; your statement is rather stupid, just think about it for a second.
Inventing something gives you a great headstart and allows you to make loads of money if you do it right.
Inventions have always been made and will always be made. There were loads of inventions made even before patents even existed.

Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2012 11:51am | Report
Searz wrote:

Actually, no. In fact; your statement is rather stupid, just think about it for a second.
Inventing something gives you a great headstart and allows you to make loads of money if you do it right.
Inventions have always been made and will always be made. There were loads of inventions made even before patents even existed.

Billions and yet billions are invested into product developement to make one companies product better than another ones. Do you think thoose billions would be invested by say, Novo Nordisk, if they knew that months after their "insert new disease curing pill here" - a competing chineese company would copy it hours after market release, set it in production for half the cost without having invested anymore than 1.000 dollars whatsoever in exactly copying novos product, who invested millions.

It also helps new aspiring inventors, since they can sell the patent to a company instead of having to set the product in production himself.

Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2012 12:05pm | Report
Quoted:
Billions and yet billions are invested into product developement to make one companies product better than another ones. Do you think thoose billions would be invested by say, Novo Nordisk, if they knew that months after their "insert new disease curing pill here" - a competing chineese company would copy it hours after market release, set it in production for half the cost without having invested anymore than 1.000 dollars whatsoever in exactly copying novos product, who invested millions.

No. That's not how it should work. If you make something new you'll be able to sell it before anyone else, you shouldn't be able to single handedly stop technological evolution by inventing a key technology. Imagine if Tesla patented electricity, where the **** would we be? The only reason we've evolved this much is because the great "inventors" didn't do things for money, if they did we would be all ****ed.

Quoted:

It also helps new aspiring inventors, since they can sell the patent to a company instead of having to set the product in production himself.

Maybe the aspiring inventor could just sell the invention itself?
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide