Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

11/19/0 Renekton

Creator: Andrax1 December 25, 2013 4:13pm
1 2 3
Andrax1
<Member>
Andrax1's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2013 10:08am | Report
I believe that the double edged sword thing is mostly a matter of preference, but still is better than a point brute force.

Expose weakness is definitely good for renekton especially in team fights because he has so much AOE that you literally proc it just by standing near enemies with dominus on.

Yes feast is not a good point may give a tiny bit more sustain early, pretty much a sink to get to the next tier, frankly you can put this point anywhere, if you prefer you can put two points in fury instead of feast and double edged sword(if you don't like it) because Renekton does have to AA while he waits for his cooldowns.

Martial Mastery isn't amazing, putting the executioner question aside, why would I choose to get martial mastery when I can have all of hardiness and resistance, Second Wind, Reinforced Armor, and all of Legendary instead? Martial Mastery is a single good early game mastery, there are alot of great masteries to be had if you invest the points needed to get martial mastery in the defensive tree instead.

Again, 25% is too low to clutch your q for especially because you want to be able to use it as much as possible especially because it's renekton's shortest cooldown spell and because you want to lifesteal as much as possible. And your dominus does not regenerate health, it gives you extra health so no, second wind doesn't work on it. It's really a bad idea to not use your dominus at the start of fight that won't be over in quickly because one of the important things it gives is fury which you don't generate very quickly in fights without dominus and without fury you won't be able to empower your spells hence they won't be as effective as they could be.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2013 5:16pm | Report
Martial Mastery = strongest early-game mastery in the offense tree. Renekton = dominant early laner, falls off late-game.

There is absolutely no reason to put so many points in the offense tree if you're not trying to maximize his early-game damage.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 1, 2014 8:55pm | Report

Martial Mastery = strongest early-game mastery in the offense tree. Renekton = dominant early laner, falls off late-game.

There is absolutely no reason to put so many points in the offense tree if you're not trying to maximize his early-game damage.

He asked for help, but clearly doesn't want it, let him be a bronze 5 quality player, who cares
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Andrax1
<Member>
Andrax1's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2014 7:27am | Report
@Vapora Yeah again Martial Mastery is good early game but is it really worth four points? And how come every other tanky bruiser, not just Renekton gets 9/21 masteries?

@Moon
1. I don't recall asking for help in this thread, I did ask for opinions.
2. Just because I don't agree with other people's opinions doesn't mean I don't want it. The point of discussing things is not so you would just mindlessly agree with everything people say without even understanding the reason behind it, it's so you get a better understanding of the topic in other people's point of views.
3. Again, why are you so anal?
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2014 8:23am | Report
Andrax1 wrote:

@Vapora Yeah again Martial Mastery is good early game but is it really worth four points? And how come every other tanky bruiser, not just Renekton gets 9/21 masteries?

If you feel it's not worth it, then just don't put points in the offense tree, go 0/30/0 or something. Aside from Martial Mastery , the offense tree doesn't give you damage out of the blue, it amplifies what damage you already have, mainly. Renekton has low damage late-game, so trying to amplify his damage at that point isn't worth it.

Edit: Also, people run 9/21 on any bruiser than has decent AD ratios / does well with AD. It isn't on every tanky bruiser, Mundo for example tends to go 0/30/0, seeing as all his damage comes from the base damage of his spells. Renekton has pretty nice ratios, so people go for 9/21 on him.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2014 10:19am | Report
On AD bruisers, not getting Martial Mastery means not getting any points at all in the offensive tree. At most you get Double-Edged Sword and the CDR or AS masteries for 5/25 or just 4/26 (as I like to run Olaf).

Going 11/19 is not bad, but if you skip such an important mastery, especially on a champion that thrives early and falls off late-game, you are basically wasting points.

I feel this point has been made several times over from different points of view.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide