Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Problem Building Jungle Aatrox Defensively

Creator: PinSeventy June 14, 2013 9:09pm
PinSeventy
<Member>
PinSeventy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 9:09pm | Report
As one of the band-wagoners who impulse bought Aatrox, I must initially say that I love him. I main jungle, and he provides a kind of play style that is different from the type of jungler I usually play, which I welcome greatly. I only have one complaint with him, and that is that I have a difficult time building him hard-tank when starting Hunter's Machete, which is really the only viable choice in the current meta.

The obvious first comment would be "Why don't you just build Spirit of the Ancient Golem?" Sure it is the 'tank' item for most all junglers, but there are a couple problems with it: 1) The mana regen is obviously wasted on Aatrox (which is not that big a deal, it's just important to note), and 2) you don't build Hunter's Machete into Spirit Stone with a regular Aatrox build. Instead you build it into Madred's Razors, usually on your first back. For me, this occurs around 7 or 8 minutes into the game, at which time it's still difficult to decided whether it would be the right choice to abandon the normal build by building a Spirit Stone as an ultimately tankier choice.

It may seem like an overreaction to worry about one item while jungling, and often times it is. If the opportunity arises when selling my Wriggle's Lantern in order to buy a Randuin's Omen and the latter is what I need to have, then of course I will do so. However, gold can be tight in the jungle, especially in close games where every bit counts.

So therein lies my dilemma. Am I over concerned about the importance of what I build out of Hunter's Machete or have I pointed out something that is a real problem for Aatrox jungle? Not matter the answer, I will continue to play and enjoy this new champion in the jungle, I just hoped to spark some interesting conversation.

-PinSeventy
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 10:00pm | Report
That's a problem any non mana using jungler has. I rarely jungle so I don't know the answer, but I'd like to cuz I've run into this conundrum.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 10:03pm | Report
Buy Razors, don't upgrade to Wriggles, GJ you now have ~1500g to spend.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 10:13pm | Report
Woah I've been doin it right? What planet am I on right now?

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2013 4:33pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

Quote for truth and thread
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2013 1:24pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

mind = blown
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2013 5:20pm | Report
I don't really see Aatrox as much of a jungler.
His top lane is just too ridiculously strong to miss out on.. Plus he would scale quite poorly coming out of the jungle, with a lack of farm Aatrox becomes pretty useless.

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide