Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Playing against certain champs

Creator: SirPercival July 1, 2011 12:06pm
1 2
SirPercival
<Member>
SirPercival's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2011 12:06pm | Report
So in this thread I want to ask you what are your tactics when playing against champs like mordekaiser or nocturne since I find it really hard to lane with those heroes. Thank you in advance for the help.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2011 1:14pm | Report
If you're up against a laning Nocturne you shouldn't have any difficulty. He's much stronger in the jungle. Nocturne himself runs out of mana quickly in lane and doesn't have a reliable heal short of autoattacking to proc his passive, meaning that any decent ranged champion will harass him out of lane.

Mordekaiser is difficult to deal with. The best way is to rely on his pushing and simply have your jungler gank him. Another way is to be so aggressive early on that he can't get close to your creeps without facing a lot of harass - this is effective on powerful early game champions with a lot of sustain such as Nidalee.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2011 1:14pm | Report
Champions who push to regain/block damage are very weak to ganks. LaneWick and Mordekaiser are both weak to ganks.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2011 1:34pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Champions who push to regain/block damage are very weak to ganks. LaneWick and Mordekaiser are both weak to ganks.

agreed mordekaiser is very dependent on being able to push you back and he's so effective at this that he can do so even in a 2v1 situation. the counter is to simply bide your time and hold him, trying to wittle his hp if possible until someone comes to gank. You also don't want your minions to bunch up otherwise he'll be able to completely recharge his shield with one E. Other than that just play defensively.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 2:57pm | Report
In my experience shutting down a Mordekaiser comes down to denying him creeps. A ranged champ like Caitlyn with long poke can effectively keep Morde back. As well as bracket his paths with traps. Prevent Morde from hitting creeps and he's weak early game.
Issue is that a smart Morde in a solo lane can simply throw Creeping Death up on a melee minion which will generate his shield for him. Then step into harassment range Ironman up and follow that with a Syphon of Destruction.

My first game with Morde in a long time and I was sent mid against a Sivir. I started with a regrowth pendant and health pot. Didnt b until I had like 3500g. Simply placing creeping death on a minion stepping forward and using Syphon of destruction I farmed up a considerable amount of last hits in a short amount of time and simply let my minions push keeping the "skirmish" line consistintly closer to my side. Errr back to your question

Outrange Morde and deny him. Noc should be in the jungle @_@.
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2011 3:58am | Report
I want to know how to mid vs Akali as TF (mid)

Levels 1-5 are easy peasy. However, once she hits 6 she can exhaust me and jump to me with her ult. I'm great at landing that stun but it simply isn't long enough. I recently had an Akali take me down to half hp from full in one burst. I got a null magic mantle but didn't want to stray too far from my planned build (for backdooring). Any advice? Akali at 6 mid is just brutal.

Btw, check out Westrice mid as Akali. Insane.

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2011 11:36am | Report
Lazukin wrote:

I want to know how to mid vs Akali as TF (mid)

Levels 1-5 are easy peasy. However, once she hits 6 she can exhaust me and jump to me with her ult. I'm great at landing that stun but it simply isn't long enough. I recently had an Akali take me down to half hp from full in one burst. I got a null magic mantle but didn't want to stray too far from my planned build (for backdooring). Any advice? Akali at 6 mid is just brutal.

Btw, check out Westrice mid as Akali. Insane.

eh, there's not really much you can do about it. I mean you could stun-exhaust if she overextends into the turret, but other than that you have to harass her before she hits 6 or gets her hextech revolver, because she can't do much except hit you with her q at that point. It's like tryn or alistar, fairly easy to take out before level 6, but don't even bother afterwards. If your stuck in the laning phase against Akali after level 6 you have to be extremely careful. A good Akali player will catch you the moment you take a step out of place. If you're going TF, your best bet is to just teleport around helping other lanes and securing kills. Akali has mediocre tower pushing abilities, so you won't have to worry TOO much about her taking down your turret.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2011 11:57am | Report
theBMB wrote:

eh, there's not really much you can do about it. I mean you could stun-exhaust if she overextends into the turret, but other than that you have to harass her before she hits 6 or gets her hextech revolver, because she can't do much except hit you with her q at that point. It's like tryn or alistar, fairly easy to take out before level 6, but don't even bother afterwards. If your stuck in the laning phase against Akali after level 6 you have to be extremely careful. A good Akali player will catch you the moment you take a step out of place. If you're going TF, your best bet is to just teleport around helping other lanes and securing kills. Akali has mediocre tower pushing abilities, so you won't have to worry TOO much about her taking down your turret.

Additionally, Akali can't really take you out as she dings 6 (unless you're low). Her Shadow Kick deal needs to get at least 2 charges first before she has an almost assured kill on you. But the best way to counter her is to harass her early. If you're AP TF then Wild Cards every 3-4 seconds while you use Pick A Card blues to
A. Last hit minions and refund mana
or
B. Poke her back when she gets in range to use her Q.
Because of the range and damage your poke can do over her's early game (unless she gets in range and melee's you) you should be able to win the lane and keep her denied for a bit.

((People might be shouting use a stun card, except stun cards do the least amount of damage. Or last time I read my TF tool tips, blue does the most. Red is after that.) So for harass and last hits Blue card>gold. If you're serious about killing her then Gold Card works fine.))
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2011 5:27pm | Report
it takes less than a minute to build up three charges and you get a charge the moment you level it up, so there's not a huge window of opportunity there. When I play Akali, I like to use my charges to harass, Q>R>Pop Q, then back off, when going for the kill it usually only takes two charges:
Q>R>Pop Q>E>R>Q>Pop Q. Usually enough to secure a kill.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2011 6:10pm | Report
Mordekaiser's easy.

In lane, harass so he's forced to push his lane. Once the lane is pushed, gank him. He's got no way to get away short of blowing summoners. Gank 15 seconds later, he's dead. If not, you're denying him HARD.

In fights, his only real damage comes from his ghost, so if you get ulted just use QSS or run away so he doesn't 6v4 the rest of your team. You can fight from far away, but definitely don't die and give him his strongest damaging tool. It may be an inconvenience, but morde is ONLY a threat with his ghost.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide