Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

CDR on Olaf?

Creator: RCIX March 21, 2012 11:02am
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2012 1:52pm | Report
Ohhhh I wouldn't go that far.

Zeke's is decent in team comps with good auto attackers.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2012 1:53pm | Report
Uhh, why spirit visage? o.O

I think Starks is generally a fine choice on supports after you have Aegis and Shurelya's. It's certainly better than most of the items you just listed.

Yes I'm still calling it Starks.
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2012 2:11pm | Report
You have a small enough gold pool to work with that Zekes is just a waste. It doesn't do much for you, and it doesn't do much for others. Let your autoattackers buy their daggers; buy things that help them survive to do their jobs more efficiently. Randuins (if you use the active), locket, abyssal, wota, etc.

Also, like I said, I was deliberately giving terrible ideas to illustrate a point. I can't really think of any games I've ever played as support where I thought "man, zeke's would be awesome right now". Because you are paying for a whole lot of stats that you can't really use. If you want something that builds off kindle gem, there are better items for supports. And seriously, your autoattack champs will have plenty of IE, BT, PD, and whatever to make them the happiest AA crowd on their own if you can use better items for your team to get them kills.

Leave Zeke's out of supports items. It's not very good.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2012 2:12pm | Report
Well I guess my AP champions won't be needing WotA since they can just buy AP and spellvamp on their own. And of course my tanks won't be wanting an Aegis since they can buy armour and MR by themselves.
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2012 2:13pm | Report
WotA stacks, and you can use its stats yourself. If they want to build aegis, then you don't have to. But usually, my getting aegis as support has never really been contested. Plus, you mentioned Aegis as a support item, so I left that out of my little list.

Edit: stop changing your freaking posts, Luther. I have to keep changing mine in response. :P
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2012 2:16pm | Report
Son I still remember the time you asked for help starting to play support and I wrote a page long essay on it for you, donchu go lecturing me.

I created you; I can destroy you.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2012 2:19pm | Report
Back from page one:

Luther3000 wrote:

By the way, I saw Dyrus do something like this last night when TSM were scrimming 4not.

As I recall he went CDR boots, Shurelya's, Randuin's and Ghostblade.

Ionian Boots of Lucidity - 15% CDR
Shurelya's Battlesong - 15% CDR
Randuin's Omen - 5% CDR
Youmuu's Ghostblade - 15% CDR
Total - 50% CDR, exactly 10% over the cap

Plus he might have had 8.1% from Enlightenment if he specced into defense.

CDR boots might work, but if you're building that many CDR items, you'd be better off with mercs or tabi. Scrub Dyrus. :P
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2012 2:20pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Son I still remember the time you asked for help starting to play support and I wrote a page long essay on it for you, donchu go lecturing me.

I created you; I can destroy you.

But DAAAADDDD.... :(

Seriously, though, I've had a lot of practice with support since then. Ask Psi and Wrath. They almost never let me do anything else. Still doesn't change the fact that I think Zeke's is pretty bad. Honestly, I think it's a bad item in general, but it's even worse for supports.

Maybe in some situations, yes, but overall, not what I think of as a "good support item".
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2012 2:23pm | Report
Zeke's is a situational pick up. Not an every game item.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2012 2:25pm | Report
Ya.

In all honesty though it's not even a decision that needs making because a game has to run at least ~40 minutes before you can even consider purchasing an item after Aegis and Shurelya's.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide