Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fav bot lane support champion and why?

Creator: TotemTiki September 11, 2014 5:35pm
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2014 5:22am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Hmm, if an AS slow is a weaker version of a blind, why not create a weaker version of a silence, a spell which increases cooldowns. Would be funny to watch.

That spell would need an absurd CD to not be the most toxic thing in existence basically denying mages of ever casting a spell during an entire teamfight after their first rotation.

Malphite's poke is unimpressive compared to champs like Nami, Lulu or Karma. Also, if these champs position correctly your level 6 is going to be an amazing R button with no results apart from a knocked up adc that gets saved afterwards.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2014 10:34am | Report
That doesn't even touch on the fact that poke makes Malphite virtually useless outside of a slow pre-six, because he'll get poked to death if he gets in range to do anything besides Q (which has a ridiculous mana cost) against someone like Karma or Nami.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2014 1:21pm | Report
At least he can block a good portion of poke with his passive.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2014 2:09pm | Report
That has to go untouched for a while in order to get back up. :/
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2014 3:17pm | Report
Braum best mustache in the league
sig by HogoPogo
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2014 8:43pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Hmm, if an AS slow is a weaker version of a blind, why not create a weaker version of a silence, a spell which increases cooldowns. Would be funny to watch.

Jesus christ why aren't you on the riot dev team already?

Also, I think my fav bot lane support is Karma. She does SO much damage with some mpen and AP
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2014 9:11pm | Report

Terrible poke and damage in general in lane, but so easy to disengage and protect your ally. Great mobility too.

Great poke and damage early and later in the game. Good CC, self-sustain and of course, Black Shield.

I just enjoy playing Taric ^^ Self and ally sustain, long range targeted stun, damage boosts, armour shred.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig unintentional collab with Jovy and me ♡
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2014 10:02pm | Report
Leona is probably my favorite support although I do enjoy Zyra.

Leona just has so much all-in potential and she's beefy. I love the long range Solar Flare, it feels so rewarding to land one from far away.

I enjoy Zyra because of her harass, peel, and damage. She's a long range mage that can carry. Her damage output is stupid and I frequently get top damage dealt to champions even from the support role

I enjoy Karma as well. Probably my second favorite after Leona. great peel, good early game harass. Just enjoyable to play

I don't enjoy:

Sona - yawn

Janna - entirely peel, no damage, nothing else really, low pressence in lane

Blitzcrank - 1 trick pony with no laning phase

Thresh - he's got a lot in his kit but feels kind of 1 trick ponyish late game. Pretty binary after laning phase and pretty much depends if you land hook
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2014 10:19pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:
Leona

Leona just has so much all-in potential and she's beefy. I love the long range Solar Flare, it feels so rewarding to land one from far away.

Lel.

Basically MOBAFire.
Teh Grazzh0pper
<Member>
Teh Grazzh0pper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2014 11:41pm | Report
Gonna be the unpopular one and say Blitzcrank. Even though he isn't really in the meta (I acknowledge that other supports such as Thresh are better in general), i like his playmaking ability, especially out of Laning phase. Yes, he has a bad Laning phase as compared to other supports, but he is a CC monster who is excellent in pick comps. I also enjoy the fact that despite his low skill floor, he does have a high skill ceiling, as knowing when to use each of his abilities, most notably his Rocket Grab and Static Field is vital in close games.

Many people say that he is a one trick pony as his only "flashy" play is his grab, but he is not entirely one-dimensional. He is one of the few supports that can carry his team to victory just by making a big play at a crucial moment, whether in the Laning phase or during team fights.
Thanks to VirusNG for the awesome sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide