Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Has anyone ever tried Amumage as me and my...

Creator: BryceTheTerrible February 5, 2011 9:06pm
1 2
BryceTheTerrible
<Member>
BryceTheTerrible's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2011 9:06pm | Report
Because his bandage toss and ult both scale 1 with AP, and in a custom game I got both to do over 1000 damage. It seems viable to me, the only issue is that like most mages he's too squishy if focused.
THIS POST IS BRYCE APPROVED!!!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2011 10:30pm | Report
thats the problem. as amumu is so put into his role as a tank, castermumu will get shot down easily. yeah he does great damage and his passive is really great for a mage but he's just shot down too quickly.

besides the fact that you have to be close to anyone to do any damage.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
BryceTheTerrible
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2011 10:31pm | Report
True, but if your team is in position when his ult goes off the odds are he should be able to get out almost unscathed
Kael312
<Member>
Kael312's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2011 11:29pm | Report
new thought about this bryce, i can see it working every time his ult is up, and being damn effective for that fight, just do the normal combo and book it
Blind Monk =/= Udyr. Please do not make that mistake; Blind Monk was made of pure awesome, from concentrate. - Guinsoo
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2011 4:51am | Report
This is also alot like my AP Shen build :P

Q and W scales very well with AP, my Q is a spammable nuke and my W can tank 2-3 tower shots. Very nice and fun to play... HOWEVER. It isnt as good as a tanking shen... play the class for what it has to offer if your serious :)... i.e Tank Shen, Tank Amumu, Tank malphite... etc.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2011 5:00am | Report
i like ap shen.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2011 6:06am | Report
We all do :3
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2011 8:30am | Report
Amumu is a tank. People expect you to tank. Therefore when you run like a ***** after finishing your combo, your carries are going to be demolished. Of course, you could always run another tank for that job, but why the hell would you do that when you could just play main tank and that other person could play a better AP carry than Amumu?
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2011 8:40am | Report
Also, cooldowns are killer. You're expected to take damage for Tantrum to come off cooldown but if you do take any damage, you're dead. Also the sad mummy ult has a craaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy huge cooldown.

BryceTheTerrible
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2011 1:48pm | Report
Kael312 wrote:

new thought about this bryce, i can see it working every time his ult is up, and being damn effective for that fight, just do the normal combo and book it

That was my thought too. We'd need to have a full team first, so I'd need you and Jessey to kick some *** for me... possibly have Adam tank?!

as for everyone else:
These are all valid points, but I still feel that if done correctly with a mix of bandage toss into the enemies then ult, the carries of the team should be able to finish most of the enemy team if done correctly. I main Amumu and I always play tank with him, but just playing tanks all the time is kinda boring so I tried this out and I see it working decently with the right team and letting them know ahead of time! And of course, planning everything and having them set up to efficiently to take out the enemy carries!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide