Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Has anyone ever tried Amumage as me and my...

Creator: BryceTheTerrible February 5, 2011 9:06pm
1 2
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2011 2:46pm | Report
From how I look at things, just because the ratio is 1:1 does not mean you should stack AP/AD, it just mean you need less AP for said skill to be stronger and can focus more on defensive/support items for the team. So building him as a glass cannon mage isn't the best idea, but building him as a tanky mage instead of a full on tank might be viable.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2011 6:00pm | Report
I was playing a Ranked game and my dad said I had like 5 mins to get off. I was playing as Amumu and the game was pretty even. I had tank items like Sunfire, Veil, Sorc. Shoes (Always get these, you'll notice the difference lol), etc. I decided to just straight out buy a hourglass and told my team we had to "barrel down mid". I took out the enemy Cait under her tower with one burst and we ended up winning! So yeah, Caster Amumu is OP

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2011 6:23pm | Report
Adonikam wrote:

I was playing a Ranked game and my dad said I had like 5 mins to get off. I was playing as Amumu and the game was pretty even. I had tank items like Sunfire, Veil, Sorc. Shoes (Always get these, you'll notice the difference lol), etc. I decided to just straight out buy a hourglass and told my team we had to "barrel down mid". I took out the enemy Cait under her tower with one burst and we ended up winning! So yeah, Caster Amumu is OP

This looks like a decent-good example why tanky mage Amumu could work. Caster Amumu... not so much.
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2011 9:38pm | Report
That's not tanky mage Amumu. That's an Amumu that is being a dedicated tank, and switches to tanky magic damage items because his team is winning. Anything similar to Rod of Ages, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Zhonya's Hourglass, or Abyssal Scepter fall under this category.

Speaking of which, I need to put Zhonya's Hourglass in my Amumu guide.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2011 9:51pm | Report

That's not tanky mage Amumu. That's an Amumu that is being a dedicated tank, and switches to tanky magic damage items because his team is winning. Anything similar to Rod of Ages, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Zhonya's Hourglass, or Abyssal Scepter fall under this category.

Speaking of which, I need to put Zhonya's Hourglass in my Amumu guide.

He wound up building a tanky mage build though. I've built similar things on kennen, morde, veigar, and teemo pretty successfully...
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2011 10:08pm | Report
I'm just saying that regardless of how much AP you build on Amumu, you need to be tank first, mage second, and your armor and MR should reflect that.
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2011 10:53pm | Report
I think caster Amumu, aside from his Bandage Tossing himself in, using Tantrum and ulti, he needs some means of escaping again, considering his, going all AP squishieness.
The obvious way to get the heck out of there would be Flash. While this combo may work great, unless he gets fed early I think the cooldown for Flash is quite some time having to wait before he can safely go and rape the enemy. (Excuse my language)
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2011 12:27am | Report

I'm just saying that regardless of how much AP you build on Amumu, you need to be tank first, mage second, and your armor and MR should reflect that.

I'm personally aware of this, but based on previous posts, it is in my view "Amumage" would be played as a straight mage and I don't see the viability of that. So yes I agree with you that being tank first is important (even if you're off tank) and mage second.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide