Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Jarvan IV, OP?

Creator: bigotothemax October 20, 2011 4:47pm
Calibern
<Member>
Calibern's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 5:47pm | Report
So true...
Xin Guide
Clicking the Rep button will end the world, do not click it! (Reverse psychology FTW)
Thank to AlexanPT, JakofAllSpaydes,JEFFY40HANDS, KingCasanova and reppinFTC for the amazing signatures.

kmododragonNM
<Member>
kmododragonNM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 8:25pm | Report
I played a game against a Jarvan a while back, and honestly I didn't see much of him. We destroyed the other team, but he was pretty good. About the only good player on their team. But this is all coming from a tank, so you don't need to pay attention to me.
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 9:05pm | Report
Jarvan tank rocks. By far my fav TANK. Add the y + DPS at the end of tank and he isn't as strong though.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
Atarios
<Member>
Atarios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 10:16pm | Report
Calibern wrote:

So true...

Your sigs and dp made me think you were Boosh, :\
Thanks Jhoi,Xenasis,JEFFY40HANDS for the Sigs ! :D
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 11:38pm | Report
JArvan is still okay but not OP^^
hes really fun tho and shines with different builds
there mgiht still be unseen potential with builds people didnt use yet tho^^
greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2011 9:25am | Report
Jarvan was really strong, but now he's either balanced or potentially even slightly underwhelming.

For a champion with no sustain skills, he becomes difficult to place on a team.

He could win solo top lanes by just being a beast before but his beast mode lane power has been toned down since.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 4:36am | Report
Played Jarvan through all his nerfs, since the early nerf didnt hit my game (most ppl tended to max Strike first, I guess thats still the case) couldnt care less, but after they hit his Passive+Flag...

Sooo, last time I played him his early on solo top was pretty manageable if you go for Flagstrike passive harass, but since hes missing some real dmg output skills imo hes only viable as beefy off-tank or in my case full-fledged tank.

Hes also missing some early sustainability this way, though.
6PoolHater
<Member>
6PoolHater's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 5:12pm | Report
Jarvan is very good if you know to both solo top and jungle, because he has many potential and

utilities to fit in any lane, even misd.

A.A.A. - Absolute Armageddon Amumu

Rate and comment please!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 11:29am | Report
Jarvan is UP in solo top and he is decent as jungler. His ganks are pretty strong but his damage is pretty low so and he could have a hard time clearing the jungler if no one pulls the blue buff. Also, he is pretty mana burning early-game. He should be seen as a jungling tank but then I think Amumu, Malphite and Maokai would all be better.
Ruin Sage
<Member>
Ruin Sage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 8:14pm | Report
I also picked up Jarvan Post-Nerf and I also wonder what the hell everyone is talking about when they say UP. I saw somewhere that he could jungle, and I succeeded very well on even my first try. I think it is all about how you play him. I usually go Wriggles>Mer/Zerk>Triforce>Warmog>Atma's>GA/Omen/Fon/Thorn>(sell Wriggles)>Thirster or IE. It is pretty hilarious because you are really tanky, but you still deal pretty impressive damage. He makes for a very good offtank jungler, because his ganks are pretty strong with his knock-up and passive burst, and pretty tanky with his own slow/trap. I think he is just a person that people don't know what to do with now that he is not OP.
Strength may win the fight, but style wins the crowd.

+rep if you like what I say, explain why if you don't.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide