Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New soraka discussion and thoughts

Creator: Mooninites September 30, 2014 10:14pm
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2014 10:40pm | Report
Whelp, I guess it depends on your game. I needed the health pots not due to overusing W, but out of necessity of using W.

Alternatively, maybe a Flask? :3
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2014 11:12pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
Alternatively, maybe a Flask? :3
if you're buying that many potions, perhaps. It probably depends.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2014 7:47pm | Report
flask would be a waste as would buying 175 gold worth of potions each back. I would probably just go back more frequently or tell my AD to stop being an idiot and taking a **** load of damage
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2014 10:40am | Report
Yeh, true, although people suck at not taking free damage.
IIRC, someone calculated that flask pays for itself after 11 uses, so it'd probably have to be an early game buy - maybe after Sightstone or something.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2014 10:50am | Report
Played her now for the first time, without having read anything anywhere. I started E I think (I guess I'll not do that from now on), then W at lvl 2 then Q. Maxed Q > E > W. Spellthief's Edge -> Forstfang, Sightstone -> Boots. I got Chalice for Mikaels after that but surprisingly I had 0 mana issues all game long, which I liked.

So for runes I was wondering if people went hybrid marks + AP quints? I got two setups for APish supports, difference only being in hyb marks and AD marks. How much does hybrid/magic pen aid Soraka right now?
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2014 11:57am | Report
Quoted:
Played her now for the first time, without having read anything anywhere. I started E I think (I guess I'll not do that from now on), then W at lvl 2 then Q. Maxed Q > E > W. Spellthief's Edge -> Forstfang, Sightstone -> Boots. I got Chalice for Mikaels after that but surprisingly I had 0 mana issues all game long, which I liked.

So for runes I was wondering if people went hybrid marks + AP quints? I got two setups for APish supports, difference only being in hyb marks and AD marks. How much does hybrid/magic pen aid Soraka right now?

I think she doesn't deal that much damage with her abilities that it is worth to go hybrid pen marks, but if you do, then you need to get ap quints. Otherwise I'd run ad marks, health seals, mr or mr/lvl seals and 2 armor and one ap quints (or 3 armor)

Though if you are going damage (I've seen some go Frost Queen's Claim > Sightstone > Twin Shadows/ Morellonomicon) then you should run hybrid pen
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2014 12:15pm | Report
utopus wrote:
Yeh, true, although people suck at not taking free damage.
IIRC, someone calculated that flask pays for itself after 11 uses, so it'd probably have to be an early game buy - maybe after Sightstone or something.

the issue is not flasks cost efficiency its how you use your gold as a support. You need to by pinks, oracle sweepers, sightstone, mobility/other type of boots and then you generally want to work into Mikael's Blessing or Locket of the Iron Solari or maybe something else, either way the point is you generally don't want to be throwing 350 gold into pots

Quoted:

I probably wouldn't run AP quints on her. Her Q harass is good, but I think she would get more out of armor or health quints than AP. I would really only run AP quints on morgana, zyra, annie, and maybe karma
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2014 1:48pm | Report
I like the AP quints on Soraka personally, but if I wasn't gonna use them I'd probably use full health seals with armor quints.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2014 2:35pm | Report
Uh yeah I didn't seem to do any damage despite maxing Q, so I guess AP would be a bad choice. Probably won't make a rune page just for Soraka though, idk.

Thanks friends.
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2014 6:42pm | Report
She's faring really well. I don't like how people are calling her "Slit-Wrist Soraka", though. As per usual the vocal minority of the community is in an uproar about how "their main was gutted", so on and so forth...

Build so far:
9/5/16 masteries
Greater Mark of Hybrid Penetration x9, Greater Seal of Health x6, Greater Seal of Armor x3, Greater Glyph of Mana Regeneration x3, Greater Glyph of Magic Resist x6, Greater Quintessence of Ability Power x1, Greater Quintessence of Armor x2
Core: Talisman of Ascension, Sightstone, Mobility Boots
Situational; Ardent Censer, Twin Shadows, Iceborn Gauntlet, Spirit Visage/ Locket of the Iron Solari

I usually use a 9/7/14 mastery page for mage-supports, but I want to see how well she fares if you ween her off of max health. I'll make another rune page that'll replace the Quints with AP and Seals with Armor.
I prefer Ancient Coin line because it provides a lot of regeneration for her health, I didn't find a lot of success with Spellthief's Edge, even with hitting her [Q] non-stop. With Ancient Coin, I found it fairly easy to survive in lane and only had to spend my money on mana potions instead.
Iceborn Gauntlet makes peeling crazy easy since you can just stop them in their tracks with how low your CDs are. Spirit Visage/ Locket of the Iron Solari provide even better health regen and makes it really hard to poke you down.

I want to ask: AP or resistances? My initial conclusion is that AP is preferable because you won't need to heal teammates as often and get a lot more health back for your trouble.
If you want to help me, teach me.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide