Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Talon Theorycrafting

Creator: SinDelta August 24, 2011 4:58am
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2011 10:04am | Report
Let me see if I can set you straight... *AHEM*
Yes you get a wasted stat. But, you only lose out on 30 AP. Oh well. that's like.. 100-200 gold wasted. Not a big deal.
You don't get infinity Edge for the crit bonus. You get it because it is the single highest AD item in the game without any work on your part.
There's plenty of champs that rush Trinity force. Nasus and Irelia immediately come to mind. Talon can afford it because of how easy it is for him to kill and farm safely.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
toco123
<Member>
toco123's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2011 12:57pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Let me see if I can set you straight... *AHEM*
Yes you get a wasted stat. But, you only lose out on 30 AP. Oh well. that's like.. 100-200 gold wasted. Not a big deal.
You don't get infinity Edge for the crit bonus. You get it because it is the single highest AD item in the game without any work on your part.
There's plenty of champs that rush Trinity force. Nasus and Irelia immediately come to mind. Talon can afford it because of how easy it is for him to kill and farm safely.

Thats because its a huge benefit to those champions.
And yes, I agree with the infinity edge but that does not deny that purchasing a phantom dancer to synergise nicely with it. After my core high damage burst items, I build the Phantom Dancer and then the Frozen Mallet, so I not only burst but can pick up any kills on champs that I wasnt focusing, but did a huge amount of damage to from my Ult and Rake. I then build a Atmas, 2nd Bloodthirster or situational item.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2011 1:18pm | Report
I can't believe there was ever any question that TF would be better than Frozen Mallet.

It's just logic.

To be honest though TF's not as good as I anticipated.

Youmuu's/LW/Infinity Edge seems to be better.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2011 1:20pm | Report
toco123 wrote:

Thats because its a huge benefit to those champions.
And yes, I agree with the infinity edge but that does not deny that purchasing a phantom dancer to synergise nicely with it. After my core high damage burst items, I build the Phantom Dancer and then the Frozen Mallet, so I not only burst but can pick up any kills on champs that I wasnt focusing, but did a huge amount of damage to from my Ult and Rake. I then build a Atmas, 2nd Bloodthirster or situational item.

Your build has legitimate potential to be the worst Talon build out there!
doisuckorwhat
<Member>
doisuckorwhat's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2011 1:21pm | Report
Wow.. I would have saved so much time by coming here first lol.

In the TF/FM debacle, I'm forced to side with Duffy on this one.
First off, you have to realize that all the stacking % you get from his abilities are IMMENSELY short. Sure, you get about 15-17% increased damage if you get ALL your cc's and amplification on your target at once, but that's only for what, a few seconds? And you don't start doing steady, heavy dps til late game when you're tanky and do enough damage to have the ability to stay on someone. Overall, his passive isn't enough to build around entirely. Plus if you pick up red buff, theres the FM passive right there for ya :)

Sure, FM gives more hp, but if that's what you're really worried about get some HP per level yellows. The sheen procs very nicely with talons Q, WHICH btw hits towers, applies on hit effects, and can even crit, just a few fun facts for the lesser knowing. TF also gives MS and AS. Not a huge amount, but still. It all just adds to the help factor. And lets not not even mention the sheen proc again ;P
Ive noticed myself getting boots of lucidity almost every game because CDs on him are almost necessary. Otherwise he just isn't mobile enough imo.

My build so far has been such":

boots + 3 hp pots/ dorans blade - depends on lane comp
Brut
Boots of lucidity/ Mercs
sheen-phage>TF
yo yos

and thats where I stop at the core items. I have yet to still decide on what best factors into his late game and whether its best to build moer tanky with some dps, all dps, or just tanky.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2011 1:57pm | Report
Tbh I think he's just not that great.

He's good early during laning phase when you can buy items like brutalizer and have good damge without survivability, but then in team fights it's like you have to wait for your enemies to get low HP or they'll just kill you.

And then if you build ANY defense, your damage falls off SO FAST. :(
doisuckorwhat
<Member>
doisuckorwhat's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2011 4:45pm | Report
^Exactly.
More cd and base damage/stats IMO.
UltimateHavok
<Member>
UltimateHavok's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2011 10:21pm | Report
Dude **** TF on Talon. Every Talon I've seen, or played, trying to rush that or build that at all I've raped. The build I'm using I rape pretty ****in hard. I haven't experimented with a whole lot yet, but so far I've been going:
Dorans Blade x3
Berserker Greaves
Ghostblade, Bloodthirster, Infinity Edge, Frozen Mallet, Phantom Dancer.

Now, I'm not saying this is the best build.. But no Talon's I've played could touch me. I wrecked in a lot of games. I've had a few bad teams though in solo que.. but I still did good. I've had a bit of a problem with being a bit squishy, not as bad after frozen mallet but still kinda squishy. But yea, it seems to me like this dudes made to just be a get in, get out, rape face, run away, ???, profit. I saw I was hittin some crits for 1k+ dmg. Playing him this way made me think he may be a little OP. lol

Of course, you could always change some stuff around for situational. Last Whisperer if they stack armor, or idk, whatever.

What you guys think? I've used this build and done very good, anyone else try it?
Oh and for skill leveling sequence; rake->noxian->cutthroat and of course ult whenever possible.

Not saying it's the best, but worked very well with me if I had a team that knew what they were doing, and still good if not but I'd die more. lol
My name is Havok.
And yes, your mother loves me.

Check out my Katarina guide!
+rep me because I am awesome.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
UltimateHavok
<Member>
UltimateHavok's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2011 10:22pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I can't believe there was ever any question that TF would be better than Frozen Mallet.

It's just logic.

To be honest though TF's not as good as I anticipated.

Youmuu's/LW/Infinity Edge seems to be better.

ONCE AGAIN LOGIC PROVES ILLOGICAL BECAUSE TF SUCKS ON HIM

I wouldn't say it like this if I wasn't sure. I've been playing games with him all night. No, just no.
People have been trying to build TF on everyone now. Not on this guy. If you play him right with the right build, dude has massive burst, nice escapes, and just.. amazing. lol
My name is Havok.
And yes, your mother loves me.

Check out my Katarina guide!
+rep me because I am awesome.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2011 10:23pm | Report
I'm trying to tell you guys.

3 dorans, into a Last Whisper, into 4 bloodthirsters, it's op as ****.

Maybe throw in a ghost blade, but there's no reason to rush it.

ONCE AGAIN LOGIC PROVES ILLOGICAL BECAUSE TF SUCKS ON HIM

TF is great on Talon.

It's just expensive as ****.
Tri lane for life.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide