Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Talon Theorycrafting

Creator: SinDelta August 24, 2011 4:58am
1 2 3 4 5 6
UltimateHavok
<Member>
UltimateHavok's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2011 10:26pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

I'm trying to tell you guys.

3 dorans, into a Last Whisper, into 4 bloodthirsters, it's op as ****.

Maybe throw in a ghost blade, but there's no reason to rush it.

TF is great on Talon.

It's just expensive as ****.

I have to disagree. I've raped every Talon trying to build this. There's a few reason. It takes too long to build it. By the time you finally finish and move on, you're behind on damage and seriously lacking. Talon is about burst. There are better items for that, and for cheaper.
I don't know, you guys can debate it all you want. But I've seen it, and I'm gonna stay with my opinion. lol
My name is Havok.
And yes, your mother loves me.

Check out my Katarina guide!
+rep me because I am awesome.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
Blydden
<Member>
Blydden's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 8:40am | Report
I know I'll be playing Talon hopefully for a long time. So I build:

Boots of Speed + 3 Health Potions
The Brutalizer
Ionian Boots of Lucidity OR Mercury's Treads
Youmuu's Ghostblade
B.F. Sword
The Bloodthirster
Banshee's Veil
Infinity Edge
Last Whisper

I don't like Frozen Mallet on Talon. You can just get a red buff and his passive is less noticeable than it should be. Trinity Force doesn't have the best synergy with him either.

With Glyphs of Focus and Sorcery (no magic pen) in the offense tree, this build gives me ALMOST 40% CDR.

Fantastic artwork by Xiaowiriamu & TheNamelessBard!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 8:43am | Report

I have to disagree. I've raped every Talon trying to build this. There's a few reason. It takes too long to build it. By the time you finally finish and move on, you're behind on damage and seriously lacking. Talon is about burst. There are better items for that, and for cheaper.
I don't know, you guys can debate it all you want. But I've seen it, and I'm gonna stay with my opinion. lol

NO **** BRO?

I just said "IT'S EXPENSIVE" that's why you beat people rushing it, it's EXPENSIVE.

Not because it's bad, not because it doesn't give you burst (It's the best burst item in the game for him...)

TF is ****ing awesome on Talon, but its not cheap.
Tri lane for life.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 8:53am | Report
Can we just agree to this "Tri Force or FM are both viable options DEPENDING ON YOUR SITUATION".

TF can provide more burst whereas FM will provide more sustained bonus damage.

Talon is an assassin but this meta doesn't really show love for a squishy burst champ (unless you're akali but she gets quite hard to kill with Spell Vamp).

I think a reliable core can go 2 ways

HIGH BURST ASSASSIN:
Zerker
TF
Ghost Blade
IE
Some sort of life steal
QSS (Quick Silver Sash)

SUSTAINED FIGHTER:
Zerker
FM
Ghost Blade
Atma's
QSS
Some sort of life steal

Both sound good on paper, one clearly built for an assassin the other for an off tanky fighter type.
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 2:29am | Report
I typically go a build with an immense amount of CDR and a couple of tanky items (i get focused a lot + exhausted :*(). I typically build something like this:
youmuu's
IBoL
FM
atma's
QSS
IE

if they don't have exhaust and/or light on CC:
youmuu's
IBoL
FM
atma's
IE
BT

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
UltimateHavok
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 7:28am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

NO **** BRO?

I just said "IT'S EXPENSIVE" that's why you beat people rushing it, it's EXPENSIVE.

Not because it's bad, not because it doesn't give you burst (It's the best burst item in the game for him...)

TF is ****ing awesome on Talon, but its not cheap.

You do realize though, that the price of an item can be an important factor in whether it is a viable option on a champion? For example, the reason in some games they'll have a lane with the support taking no CS while letting their carry have it all? It is to help the carry reach their build faster and afford their items, while the support goes a cheaper item route while still being effective.

TF is NOT awesome on Talon, because it takes too long to build and by the time it is built he is behind and lacks the burst power he needs to secure kills well. He can still get them, but I have found him to be seriously lacking if trying to rush a TF. There are much better items that can be bought for him for less money.

This is why TF is not very viable on Talon.
If you want to build a TF on Talon, you can not play him as a burst assassin and find another role for him, however I believe that is the role he best fills.
My name is Havok.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
UltimateHavok
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 7:32pm | Report
Ok, after looking more into it and tryin some new stuff out I was wrong. I still would never rush TF, but getting it mid to late game works great. Or at least getting sheen mid game. I built a TF in late game and it just wrecked ****.
My name is Havok.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide