Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Xerath theory crafting

Creator: Nighthawk October 6, 2011 7:29am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2011 7:29am | Report
welp, couldn't find this anywhere, so I guess i'll start it.

Thoughts on Xerath?

He seems pretty strong tbh. His damage isn't the greatest, from what i've seen (at least among AP Carries)

but he seems like he can be a pretty good AP Carry due to just the insane as **** range on his abilities. Stay back 10 miles, kill the AD Carry in 2 shots thanks to your range (and cause your Q and ult can't be stopped), and move on.

Seems like by just going almost full AP (Specter, Merc Treads/Sorc Shoes and Zhonya's is really all he needs) gives you just uber surviability with your passive. Maybe Rylai's > Zhonya's though, depends on team comp.

Like, they made him the biggest ranged AP Carry in the game, who is also the tankiest...

Jet wrote:
i always thought read was xaioli

they both cry whenever i post
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2011 7:35am | Report
not really. theres a problem with gap closers is that when they gap close to you they are either standing on or behind you, putting them out of the area for your q so you can't stun without casting ult, his only escape involves him having to stand still for at least one second to get the speed boost.

what i would say is lucidity boots, abyssal scepter, zhonyas, deathcap, void staff, and probably somethign with more defense, maybe a banshees.

even though he gains 15% of his ap as armor, he really is defenseless against ads without his stun, especially melee ones as mentioned above.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2011 7:44am | Report
yeah but

he should be almost at max range for the fight, so there should be no problem with gap closers (unless like flash + gap)

boots of lucidity would be good if you are planning on getting more MR then just Specter

jeRemyyyyy
<Member>
jeRemyyyyy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2011 8:10am | Report
I was kinda working on a guide for him. It's not done, but it will be up when they add him.

I think a perfect item sequence is:

Dorans ring
sorc shoes
rush that rabbadons
rylais
will of the ancients, or something like an abyssal scepter
void staff (or zhonyas, or morellos?)
banshees

I've played quite a few games with him using that build. Just flat out AP runes, and exhaust and flash. using his E, R, Q, R, R, Q. in that order on a single champ almost garuntees a kill all the time.
I'm new to Mobafire, but I am going to be making guides. Hit me up.
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2011 8:56am | Report
There are 2 different builds I have been playing with him. All depends on the boots. I think in Dominion Lucidity Boots work better due to the lack of MR usually used. And I see this guy as a long range poke so CDR and Rylais are important. You slow them down you can do some mean damage to them. Also the CDR is important so you can cast more spells while you W is active. And you can get more stuns off quickly as well. I am kind of disappointing in the W skill to be honest though. I had hoped when reading about him it would make him more like a ranged artillery that could be used offensively (like Kog) but instead it seems like he is better suited for defending i.e. keeping a creep wave off your tower from a safe distance etc. And I do like his ult. But again from the description I thought the range was going to be better. But yea even with his added armor most AD chars will give him fits. And plenty of mages will as well. Anyone with a built in flash will give him trouble.

Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Hextech Revolver ---> Will of the Ancients (late game)
Rabadon's Deathcap
Void Staff

With 9/0/21 masteries this will give you 30% if you use flat CDR blues. Add a Kindlegem for 40% CDR.

Sorcerer's Shoes
Morello's Evil Tome
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Hextech Revolver ----> Will of the Ancients (late game)
Rabadon's Deathcap

With 9/0/21 Masteries this gives you 35% CDR if you use flat CDR runes. Drop those and add a Kindlegem for max 40% CDR.

Those Flat AP Quints will finally come in handy I think...

OH and can you Flash while W is active?
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2011 9:19am | Report
He seems mana heavy.
I'd build like I've seen Reginald do:
(optional D Ring)->Boots->ROA->Sorc Boots->Deathcap->Defensive item(Banshee/Rylai/Hourglass)->Void Staff->Optional item

@Sacull
Never build more than 15% CDR with an AP carry since blue buff belongs to the AP carry (well, if he has mana that is). You're wasting stats that way.

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2011 9:56am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

he should be almost at max range for the fight

thats where he should be yes but that doesnt mean that he can stand back and be ignored by enemies. they will come after him, its always good to play on the safe side.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2011 10:02am | Report
He is a bit like Lux^^.

(BTW: Lux should get a buff. She should get a 0.5 sec stun at Illumination, if it is triggered^^.)
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2011 10:06am | Report
that sounds stupid. shes already got a slow, a snare, and a huge *** laser.

finales funkeln procs her passive as well..
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2011 10:12am | Report
The problem with him is that he needs to remain stationary to reach his full potential. Staying still makes you either a sitting duck or the other team can easily move out of your range and you are crippled for the rest of the fight cuz your range is on cooldown. He has decent damage and good range, but he is super predictable. extremely niche if you ask me.
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide