Shaco Build Guide by Norb68
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Pros and Cons
Pros and Cons to Shaco
|+ Amazing Burst.
+ Extremely useful Q.
+ Great utility with his W
+ One of the best counter-junglers in the game.
+ He has an amazing split push.
|Shaco is a complete monster and he is so fun to play. In my opinion its because he is different and it does take a certain amount of skill to play him efficiently and if you do it will be very rewarding. He will three shot ADC's and backdoor late game without dying if played correctly.|
|- Very squishy.
- Does not fit in the current tank meta.
- Champions with detection abilities counter him.
- Can be detected by a red trinket or pink ward.
- Difficult to play, Very Hard to master.
|As said above Shaco does take skill to play, mainly because of his ability's and low health. He also has a weird role in teamfights when it comes to late game as he is melee and he cant go straight into the enemy team because he is so squishy. I can't guarantee you that you will master him in twenty games or even one hundred so don't get discouraged when you don't do well your first couple of games.|
Basics of Playing Shaco Jungle
Best Summoner Spells;
|Ignite is one of the best summoner spells on Shaco because it does nothing but increase Shaco burst, early game you will be able to 1v1 almost anyone... y'know unless they are beyond fed :).||Smite is a standard for all junglers, it gives you objective control and faster clear times. With your stalkers blade it may also be used to deal true damage to your opponents. Again, nothing but burst baby.||Exhaust is a summoner spell that may be tryed out because of its slow. This allows you to do more damage before they can get to saftey. It also decreases their armor and magic resist by ten.|
Clearing and Controlling the Jungle
Shaco is one of the best counter-junglers in the game and he does not need a leash, which gets your teammates to the lane faster than your opponents. To start off I usually start at Red Buff placing a box in the bush above red buff at around 0:44 seconds, remember you boxes act like a ward too! Then, I place a box behind where red buff spawns at around 0:59 seconds to 1 minute and keep placing them until red buff spawns, as Shaco you clear red buff without Smite because you want to save it for your opponents Blue Buff. Take your Q Deceive as your second ability and jump over the thin portion of the Dragon or Baron wall (Depending which side you are on). If your opponent starts Gromp then use your smite to steal the blue and kill the jungler if possible. If he started on the actual Blue Buff then bully him out of his jungle, trying to kill him, and take his Gromp/Wolves. There is one other possibility and that is that your opponent started off on Golems/Krugs or Red Buff himself, in that case place a safety ward outside of his Blue Buff and take it yourself. Take your opponents Buffs whenever possible throughout the whole match and remember that you have timers on the Buffs on the top of your screen when you press Tab if you have had vision on them when they were taken.
Taking dragon with Shaco may be done at level 6 with Smite and a couple of Health potions, although with the recent buff to dragon in patch 5.9 it is more difficult to solo than before but it still is possible. Here are the things you need to remember when taking dragon solo;
- DO NOT tank the dragon, use your Jack In The Box's to tank two hits for you.
- The same can be done with your clone you receive from your ultimate, he will willingly tank the dragon for you.
- Remember you have a passive and you can use it, make sure that the drag is turned around when he hits your Jack In The Box's or your clone. By doing this you inflict 20% more damage than usual.
- Pop a Health Potion when you are around half health, do not try to solo without at least two Health Potions as it will be much more difficult to solo.
- Last but not least, when you get low and have no remaining Health Potions, don't be afraid to ask for a little help from your teammates, just remember it will take them some time to get there so if you think you will die to dragon foresee it happening and don't ask for help right before you are going to die because they can't get there that fast.
There will be more to come soon but for now this is all. For more in-depth Shaco guides you may visit Behind Enemy Lines - WhiteCrow's Shaco Guide [+Videos] , wikipro's j0ker MECHANICS [S5] , and Shaco: The ultimate Guide to Solo Q Success. I hope you all learned something from this guide, and feel free to ask questions if you need help or are confused on something.