Top Lane Fiora
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Fiora with this build
|Maokai||Fairly slow and very noticeable incoming root which you can Riposte and stun him. Early game Mao'kai is not very tanky and can easily be bullied.|
Hi, This a top lane guide for Fiora, The Grand Duelist.
The rework that Fiora received made her quite the threat and now she is one of the most played top laners in solo que and also in professional play.
Like her title says, Fiora is a grand duelist in the top lane and an amazing split pusher because of her damage and her kits ability to do tons of single target damage.
With the new Fiora rework she received and very unique and dangerous passive which enables her to spot out an opponents vitals and deal true damage if she hits it. This is where most of her damage will be coming from however it is not so easy to master hitting all the vitals so she does require some practice.
I hope this build helps some of you. Have fun playing Fiora :)
Pros and Cons
-Great Split Pusher
-Scales Very Well Late Game
-Ability To Dodge CC
-Not A Reliable Tank
-Riposte Requires Predictions
-Does Take Some Practice Too Get Used Too
-Somewhat Reliant On Ult To All In
Greater Mark of Attack Damage are the best for Fiora in my opinion. She scales really good with AD and the extra damage will make her Lunge do more damage and you can bully out you're opponent and trade with them better. greater mark of armor penetration can be an alternate option.
Greater Seal of Scaling Health are great on Fiora because she is a late game powerhouse and the extra health late game will make it safer for her go dash onto to enemies and go all in later in the game when champions have more burst to trade back with. Greater Seal of Armor can be used as an alternate option if against a threatning AD opponent such as Riven.
Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction are very helpful for Fiora especially in her early game stages where she lacks a lot of potential power because of her abilities cooldowns. The more Fiora can Lunge the more of a threat she is early and late game. If you don't see yourself needing the cooldown reduction you can always put Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
The two Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage are there for the same reason as the Greater Mark of Attack Damage. Fiora is a powerhouse so the more damage she has the better she duels.
The one Greater Quintessence of Cooldown Reduction is there to help her Lunge more in lane and to make 10% CDR along with the Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction.
- Fury : This gives Attack Speed so you can auto attack smoother and CS better.
- Double-Edged Sword : This will allow you to do more damage.
- Vampirism : This will give you much needed sustain for the laning phase.
- Oppressor : Fioras Bladework slows opponents and this will increase burst damage. Her Riposte also slows and it can stun if you use it against incoming CC.
- Recovery : This can help you stay in lane longer and recover a bit after trades.
- Tough Skin : This will help take less damage in trades from champions.
- Runic Armor : This will increase healing from lifesteal items, vital hits and your ultimate.
- Insight : For shorter teleport and flash cooldown.
- Legendary Guardian : This will make you more tanky when diving into teams for their carries late game and works well with the Greater Seal of Scaling Health.
- Grasp of the Undying : This will allow you to have increased sustain against your lane opponent and help you survive extended trades.
The items you build on Fiora can vary depending on your situation just make sure you don't just have 6 damage items on her. She can be very squishy late game and needs a bit of bulk to get in and out of fights.
Doran's Blade + Health Potion is the standard start into most matchups. The extra health and attack damage it gives you can help you all in better early in the game.
Corrupting Potion can be an alternate start into tough lanes and really aggressive opponents. It gives you increased sustain in lane and you can get the burn damage on your opponent with your Lunge.
Ravenous Hydra is a must item on Fiora. It gives you lifesteal, damage, health regen. and an AOE auto attack which helps you push lane faster which makes you a split pushing monster.
The Black Cleaver I believe this item is also a must buy on Fiora. I've seen people substitute this item for a Trinity Force which is alright however the flat attack damage, higher cooldown reduction and the armor penetration will help Fiora more because she will do more damage in extended fights instead of waiting for the Trinity Force passive to come back up. In a team fight 2 seconds can mean a lot.
Ionian Boots of Lucidity These boots along with The Black Cleaver and the Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction will give you the perfect 40% cooldown reduction so you can Lunge as much as you can. It also lowers the cooldown on your summoner spells which is always useful. If you will be doing a lot of team fighting these will probably help you more.
Mercury's Treads You can buy these as an alternate option if you're facing an AP heavy opponent like Rumble or Lissandra and the boots also give you tenacity which will make CC less effective on you.
Boots of Swiftness These boots give a high amount movement speed and can be very useful on Fiora. Movement speed is very important on Fiora. It can help you hit all the vitals in your Grand Challenge, Help you chase opponents and help you escape if the enemy team tries to collapse on you while you are split pushing. If you will be split pushing most of the time, these boots would be a good pick up.
The Bloodthirster This can be a great item if you're looking for more damage. It gives alot of flat attack damage and lifesteal. You can also get a shield which can prove to be very useful in fights.
Trinity Force I stated before that i would not choose this item over The Black Cleaver since the cleavers raw stats will help Fiora more in fights however it is still an option and you can definitely pick it up if the opposing teams has no tank. Never get both the Trinity Force and The Black Cleaver because its passive is unique and will not stack. choose one.
Death's Dance This item can be very useful with the stats it gives (damage, lifesteal, cooldwon reduction) and if you opted to take a glyph besides the cooldown glyphs then this item wouldn't be a bad pick up. it gives you the 10% cooldown reduction you would get from runes. However this item is inferior to The Bloodthirster.
Maw of Malmortius This item gives alot of good stats for Fiora and its passive protects her from mages with insane burst damage.
Sterak's Gage This item gives Fiora a lot more HP and attack damage which is useful so she can survive in teamfights longer. The items passive gives extra stats and a shield when Fiora gets bursted which helps when an enemy teams decides to focus you with all their damage. Would recommend picking up this item at some point in the game.
Dead Man's Plate This is a very standard and cost efficient armor item. the speed it gives you allows to run around the map faster and the slowing auto attack increases your chase potential. Best armor item to get for Fiora.
Banshee's Veil You can pick up this item for some extra Magic Resist and if you need to avoid specific CC like pulls from Blitzcrank or Thresh
Randuin's Omen This item is a pretty good armor item as well and the the passive can help chase people but i would only recommend this item if the enemy team has more then 1 source of critical damage like if they have their ADC and a jungle Master Yi or Tryndamere
- Fiora has a pretty good laning phase. The goal is to hit vitals with your Lunge as often as possible and force opponent out of lane. Early on Fiora doesn't like trading to often especially against lane bully's like Renekton and Riven so using Lunge into their vitals for some free damage is the best way to have a smooth laning phase.
- If you are losing your lane then it would be best to stay under your turret and just farm with your Lunge and Bladework. If you feel that isn't enough then give up your outer turret and freeze your lane so you don't go to far from your inner turret. Fiora can come back in a game as soon as she picks up some items even if you lost lane.
- When laning with Fiora its probably not best to all in your opponent by yourself Pre-6 because your all in potential isn't very high. Farm and poke until you reach Level 6 then you can all in with Grand Challenge which is a huge damage spike if you hit all the vitals.
- It is best to try to flank an enemy team instead of going head on. Fiora isn't very tanky and going in from a flank side gives the enemy team less time to react to you jumping in.
- Make sure you pay attention to potential escapes that the enemy team's carries might have. If you know their adc has no Flash or any other escape its probably better to go in for them now so you can have a pretty much guaranteed kill.
- If you do not have Grand Challenge up its probably wise to rethink an initiation. The burst and heal from Grand Challenge is very important for team fights.
- Remember the potential CC your opponent can throw at you. Planning when the best time to Riposte before you actually go in can give you better results and a higher chance of survival.
- If you believe killing the enemy team's carries is impossible because of their tanks/bruisers. work with your teammates to get them out of the way so you can find a path to their carries.