Akali Build Guide by spirit517
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Akali and her role in Team
Akali is an assassin who deals Tons of Damage. That means that you need as much AP as possible in shortest amount of time. In Team-Fight you are suppouse to take down MID-liner, AD-carry and Support. These must be your main targets. If you focus Tank/Off-tank as first (in Team-Fight) you are loosing your potential and role in team, which is an assasin.
Spells and Combo
Twin Disciplines - You activate both blades whit the RUNES and MASTERIES which I wrote higher.
Mark of the Assassin is your main source of damage. Thats why you max it as fast as possible.
Twilight Shroud is great tool for escape but also for hiding your self in fight and wait a second for your cooldowns.
Crescent Slash is mainly for braking the [[MARK OF THE ASSASSIN] and deal another damage.
Shadow Dance gives you incredibly large mobility and damage. It stacks only up to 3 but evry kill or assist you gain another 1 stack.
MAIN COMBO: When the target is in the range for your Q then the combo goes:
Mark of the Assassin --> Shadow Dance --> Crescent Slash...
That is the way how to get highest DPS (Damage Per Seckond). So IF it is possible get to the target enaught close for Q and dont waste R.
HUNT: Somethimes you have to start whit R because you hunt somebody and he is out of range for Q. So in this cas combo looks like:
Shadow Dance --> Mark of the Assassin --> Crescent Slash...
Gameplay and Tips
- I prefer to play Akali TOP. It is because she is kind of squishy (assasin) and she can not handle a lot of damage. MID-line is ussualy played by ranged AP-carry who has a big advantage over you because AP-carry deals a lot of damage from the begining. But TOP-line is ussualy played by some kind of OFF-TANK who does not deal a lot of damage while you DO an insane damage and taht is why you can beat almost every OFF-TANK on the TOP-line.
Of course she can be also playd on MID-line successfully but there is much more counter-picks against you.
- Do not make a big fights until you are level 6.
- Use Twilight Shroud when you are waiting for cooldowns and taking the damage.
- When you hunt somebody and he is out of range for Shadow Dance, use the Shadow Dance on the minion or other enemy champion who is near your target, what gets you to the range for another Shadow Dance on the target you hunt.
This is an amazing way how to get to your target but the big Disadvantage is that when you reach your target you have only ONE more Shadow Dance to use.
- Why do I take Teleport? Because Akali doesn´t need Flash and teleport gives her a lot of oportunites to help her teammates and kill. If you want fully use your Teleport it is imortant for you to ward the brushes which leads to the enemy jungle and when you spot the enemy us the Teleport.
You can also make a deal whit other lines and ask them to put the wards into the brushies near the lines and when is enemy pushing, tower-diving or just low-health, you can Teleport there and get an easy kill.
- Ignite. You are an assasin and this true damage just helps you to deal as high DPS as possible.