Evelynn Build Guide by Clabosh
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey Guys, This is Clabosh (Christian), and today, I will be showing you the way I play and build the all new and improved Evelynn. There are a few things that we need to get straight before YOU can start reading this guide.
- This is my first guide on Mobafire, ever. I never imagined myself wanting to make a guide this badly on any champion and here I am. (Because I LOVE Eve way too much)!!
- I checked the top 10 guides on Evelynn at the moment and although jungling is really viable, I feel her strength is destroying and starving mid champions. Even the AP mid guides didn't go into much depth and always had some weird item, summoner spell...etc.
- LET'S HAVE SOME FUN!!! Although this guide may get boring at times, I HIGHLY suggest reading ALL of it.
- I guarantee better games after reading this guide *Wink*
- Before we begin this journey, may I suggest some music?
The Pros and the Cons
Before Evelynn's remake, I remember a game that I was playing with bots, even though I was 5-0, I still didn't feel like I could do any damage...But with the rework, a early kill/first blood and you will just begin to snowball like a...Snowball... Here are the pro's and honestly, I can't think of very many cons.
- Her burst is just massive
- Can also kill high hp targets thanks to percentage damage Deathfire Grasp, Agony's Embrace
- Beacuse of the rework, she is very good in team fights now
- Giant Shield, if you manage to hit the entire team with Agony's Embrace
- Quite a bit of area of effect damage Hate Spike, Agony's Embrace
- Agony's Embrace has a really...really low cooldown
- Her abilities synergize very well with each other
- Gank with ease (you are unseen by sight ward)
- She can do damage over time Hate Spike
- Very high movement speed escape/gap closer Dark Frenzy
- She has amazing lane control thanks to passive Shadow Walk
- Rarely have mana problems because of Shadow Walk
- Really underrated at the moment :D
- Kinda bad from level 1-5, (Her Hate Spike needs levels)
- No stuns or hard cc early on (fixed with Rylai's Crystal Scepter)
- Terrible emotes :(
If you guys find any other cons that I may have missed, please tell me, I could barely come up with those.
Skill Set (In Depth)
Before her lovely rework, Evelynn's skills were such a joke, I even went on the updated champion spotlight for Evelynn and I was blown away with what people were saying in the comments. Although most (intelligent) people believed that she was brokenly over powered, some players believed that the previous Evelynn was better, and even had the guts to ask for a buff... Since I am about to go very in depth into this, read all of this carefully and if you have to, reread it.
- Below is the champion spotlight, don't read the comments, they may hurt you :P