Humor Guide by Etrandir
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
TEAM FULL SUPPORT FOR THE WIN!!!
This is a humor guide, right? Humor means fun. Why should you build Blitzcrank tanky? Trust me, this is theBEST way EVER to build Blitzcrank! Take 21 points in Offense and 9 points in Defense. Why?
If you want to build Blitzcrank AD, you really need to get fed in your lane, so you need a very offensive early game. Well, not really that offensive (I will explain you later why), but you will need early Attack Damage, Attack Speed, Armor Penetration and Life Steal (plus Executioner which is good both for early and for late game). If you really feel that this will lead to a complete disaster in top lane, take 9|21|0 or (sigh) 0|21|9.. BUT THIS IS MY GUIDE, SO GET 21|9|0 OR 21|0|9 OR GTFO! (Jocking. Obviously.)
Why do I take 9 points in Defense and not in Utility?
Etrandir, I ALWAYS run out of my beautiful MANA AND I CANNOT PULL THEM ANYMORE BUHAAAAAAAAAAAA :(
Yes, it's true, in early-early-early game you will seriously lack of mana, even tho you have a Sapphire Crystal. But trust me, after you buy Tear of the Goddess you won't be out of mana after 2 pulls, and when you will have Manamune and Trinity Force you will no more lack of mana. Just save your mana in early game (save your pulls just to kill your opponent under tower) and you won't need mana regen. That's why I get 9 points in Defense - to have enough Health to survive in lane.
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Lethality
Attack Damage, Armor and Armor Penetration.. What does an AD need more?
Take Greater Mark of Attack Damage (offensive early game) or Greater Mark of Desolation (offensive mid-late game) asMarks.
Greater Seal of Armor for epic armor. Seal runes are just for armor. There are no other choices. Take those or die.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist for some magic resistance, otherwise Greater Glyph of Attack Speed (even tho you will have INCREDIBLE Attack Speed thanks to Overdrive). Take Mana Regen Glyph or Cooldowns Glyph, but those runes are for LOSERS LIKE YOU. Seriously, those runes suck.
Take 3 Greater Quintessence of Desolation, because they are cheap (1025 IP), they rock (aw yeah) and they are for pros. +10 Armor Penetration, guys. Penetration is everything, in life. (WTF?)
- Mana Barrier - When Blitzcrank drops below 20% of his health, it pops up this shield (can happen only once a minute) which gives Blitzcrank "x" health and it lasts 10 seconds if it's not destroyed before; "x" is 50% of his current mana. That's why having a lot of mana is always good on Blitzcrank.
- Rocket Grab - Blitzcrank throws his hand STRAIGHT AHEAD at an area (not target), grabbing his target, stunning him, pulling him next to Blitzcrank and doing little damage. Rocket Grab applies Sheen/ Trinity Force passive on next auto-attack. Be careful because Rocket Grab can grab minions and stealth enemies, so be careful to aim well. Rocket Grab is Blitzcrank main spell, but it has a very long cooldown and it drains a lot of mana, so use it wisely.
- Overdrive - Activate it and for 8 seconds you will move faster and have incredible bonus attack speed. Use it when you start a team fight for the attack speed, then use it again as soon as possible to chase the survivors if you won the team fight or use it to flee if you lost it. Nothing special about this skill - except you can keep spamming it without cooldown if you get a little cooldown reduction.
- Power Fist - Similar to Alistar Pulverize, on your next basic attack you will knock up your enemy, stunning him. This skill is extremely useful on Blitzcrank, not only because it's Blitzcrank main weapon (5 sec cooldown at level 5, hits double his total attack damage and stacks with Sheen/ Trinity Force!!), but because you can do an incredible combo of stun + knock up + silence + tons of damage for an easy kill under your tower!
- Static Field - Blitzcrank ulti, Static Field, unfortunately stacks with AP, so it won't be that great when building AD. It's still good for taking stealth targets (such as Akali or Talon) and for comboes, thanks to the 0.5 secs silence. Static Field passive is great when chasing an opponent and, if timed well, you can apply this passive on your target a few times before activating it.
Take your Rocket Grab at level 1, to be able to grab your top lane enemy under your tower if they are so crazy to chase you. Max by level 9 Power Fist. You want to know why I max this first? Read the description. Come on. Your next BASIC ATTACK deal DOUBLE your TOTAL ATTACK DAMAGE. Awww my gawd this is sick. 1) Basic attack -> applies also Sheen/ Trinity Force passive; 2) Double of your attack damage. Woah. WOOOOAH. Ready to deal TONS OF DAMAGE with your E?
Max Overdrive by level 13, to have more movement speed to chase and escape and incredible attack speed bonus. Static Field is good for it's passive and to apply Trinity Force passive, and is very good in early-mid game for it's nice damage and silence.
Leave Rocket Grab for last: you won't need to spend more points in it since it decreases only it's cooldown.
You have 3 choices and a must.
Flash is a must on Blitzcrank. You will ALWAYS need it. You are losing life, you start running under tower. Your enemy follows you trying to kill you. You drop dangerously low on health - popping your Mana Barrier up. That's when your Flash comes: you flash under tower, you throw your Rocket Grab at your enemy catching him and pulling him under tower. Then your Power Fist comes in action and... FALCOOOON PUNCH! Pop also your ulti to silence him so he can't Flash. Now it's time to use your second spell:
, or .
All these spells are viable, but I suggest Exhaust (I'll explain now why).
- - You grab him under turret, knocking him up and silencing him. He will take a few turret hits but will still manage to escape with very low hp. Not anymore, since you will make him burn!
- - You grab him under turret, knocking him up and silencing him. He know he is going to die anyway, so he tries to finish you off under your tower. You still have low hp, remember? Not anymore, since you will heal yourself!
- - You grab him under turret, knocking him up and silencing him. He will take a few turret hits and will escape because he runs fast. Not anymore, since you will exhaust him!
They all look nice, but I suggest Exhaust because:
- Heal? SERIOUSLY HEAL? You have Alistar, Sona, Taric and Janna as team mates and you still need Heal????
- Ignite? Sona and Janna already have it, I don't know if my team really needs a 3rd one..
- Exhaust? Good in early, mid and late game, to chase, to escape and to focus. Take Exhaust. Use it on their AD Carry. Save many lives.
In early game you'll need mana most of all, so here's what I suggest:
THIS if you need mana for 2 or 3 extra pulls in early and 1 Health Potion for sustain.
+ x + x
I don't really recommend that because you won't really need movement speed in early ( Blitzcrank moves REALLY slow in early, tho), and you still have Overdrive for escaping.
When you recall back to base the first time, be sure to have at least 1000G to buy Tear of the Goddess (595 G), Boots of Speed (350 G), 1 or 2 Sight Ward (75 G ea) and a few Health Potions or Mana Potions.
Build as soon as you can Berserker's Greaves, because you'll need movement speed.
Other viable shoes are Mercury's Tread if you need a small magic defense and if enemy team as much CC. Don't take Boots of Swiftness, because soon you will have more movement speed from Trinity Force and Phantom Dancer (and anyway you always have Overdrive). If you really feel desperate because of your high cooldowns, rush for the Ionian Boots of Lucidity (in really late game, once you have finished your build, sell your Berserker's Greaves and buy these shoes anyway, if you don't really care of +25% Attack Speed).
Another item you will need to get very fast in early game is Manamune. Why?
Tear of the Goddess passive only works with abilities (skills), and it would take long to fully charge this item only via spells. Manamune, instead, charges with basic attacks, so you will get the +1000 Mana cap very soon: that means early mana and attack damage. Cool, huh?
Now that you have enough mana, attack damage and movement speed, you will need to get very offensive. And what's better then a Sheen? Sheen means great comboes, tons of damage and even more mana. And, as soon as you upgrade it in a Trinity Force, you will seriously become dangerous.
If you are not at all fed, which means you SUCK because this guide is AWESOME and it's not possible that you aren't fed, it makes no sense to keep builing full attack damage/speed. Get health (a Frozen Mallet is a good choice), armor or magic resistance. If you are fed, and if you follow this INCREDIBLE guide you will of course be fed, get a Phantom Dancer, The Bloodthirster and an Infinity Edge. Become a hero. Become LEGENDARY.
So your full build should give you these stats:
- +250 Health
- +1600 Mana
- +7 Mana x 5
- +222 (+40)(+x [based on mana) Attack Damage
- +85% Attack Speed (or +110% if you keep Berserker's Greaves)
- +70% Critical Strike
- +12%-20% Life Steal
- +24% Movement Speed
- +15% Cooldown reduction
- +30 Ability Power
- + Passives: +50% Critical Damage; 1/4 chance on hit to slow target by 35% for 2.5 second; +150% AD for next basic attack after casing a spell.
I won't suggest other items, first of all because this is a Humor Guide. If you don't like this build, search different items on other guides. If you want to build him AD, this is the only way and YOU SHALL NOT PASS!! (Had to write this somewhere, sorry).