Hecarim Build Guide by EyesOfTheKGB
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to my Hecarim 3v3 Guide. This will be my first actual guide, so if anyone has any criticism, comments, or advice they would like to provide I would greatly appreciate it. Please refrain from downvotes until you have actually tested this guide. It does seem skeptical, but it is battle-tested. Thank you for taking the time to read my guide.
Pros / Cons
Pros+ No unit collision
+ Great harass
+ One of the best gankers
+ Great survivability/sustain
+ Heavy mid/late game damage
+ High mobility
Cons- Harassed by ranged easily
- Weak early game
- Can burn mana quick if not managed
- Skills require excellent aim
In my opinion, this is the best way to go with Hecarim. Summoner's Wrath and Weapon Expertise are the best for offense, Durability , Veteran's Scars , and Juggernaut for survivability, and Initiator and Enlightenment for utility.
If you prefer to hit harder, you can try this offensive mastery build.
Greater Mark of Lethality
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Health
Greater Mark of Precision: Ar. Pen. marks give that extra damage that is viable through mid game.
Greater Seal of Armor: Armor seals help with durability against autoattacks and AD carries.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: MR per lvl glyphs provide solid defense against AP characters.
|This, in my opinion, has to be one of the best summoner spells for Hecarim. It boosts his movement speed to help with chasing and escaping and, it scales with his passive, Warpath.|
|Preferred offensive spell for Hecarim. Helps deal more damage along with Rampage and Spirit of Dread|
- Warpath: This passive helps Hecarim have a little extra damage, especially with Ghost and Devastating Charge activated.
- Rampage Q: This will be your main ability for maximizing damage. When you get max stacks(2), this AOE attack will deal about 50%-75% damage. This also goes perfect when you have Sheen or Trinity Force.
- Spirit of Dread W: Right here is what will make you such a threat while in lane. When Spirit of Dread is activated, you are granted with lifesteal AND spell vamp during these four seconds. Plus, the DOT along with this grants spell vamp. Ridiculous sustain.
- Devastating Charge E: Lets say that you want to gank the other lane that is being pushed around. When activated, your movement speed is drastically increased for a 3 second duration. Along with the movement speed buff, it grants a knockback which can be used to push a chasing enemy back into your teammates or away from them.
- Onslaught of Shadows R: League of Legends very first AOE fear ability, and an excellent chasing/ambushing ult. Onslaught of Shadows does AOE damage, AOE fear, and a huge dash that can go through walls. Great gap closer for those teamfights that I know you look forward to.
Rampage needs to be maxed first is to help with early farm. Reason for Devastating Charge being maxed last is it is just used for the utility. It does not deal that much damage, it is not spammable, and it doesn't provide sustain. It's used for movement speed and mainly knockback. At least try to get a point in all three by level 4.
x3: I like the early movement speed to dodge skills shots from the opposing laner. The 3 Health Potion give you 450 effective health for longer lane life. If you don't feel confident with this, you can try either Doran's Blade or Doran's Shield for extra offense/defense.
: Great sustain on top of Spirit of Dread. AND the fact that you get a free ward that can be placed at red for ganks or at dragon for map awareness. 23 attack damage and 30 armor doesn't hurt either.
: I mainly build Mercury's Treads for the tenacity so you can keep moving. If the team comp is AD heavy with minimal CC, then run Ninja Tabi. If you feel that you are just steam rolling the other team at this point, go with Berserker's Greaves.
: This is where some thinking comes into play. If you want more damage and don't fear of being killed quick, then build Sheen before Aegis of the Legion. If you are being pushed around a lot and cant get in there do damage, build Aegis of the Legion before Sheen. I normally go defensive first due to the fact that you have Wriggle's Lantern for deal that extra damage.
: This is the bread and butter of all the items for Hecarim. All-around stats, 25% chance for slow on hit, and (my favorite part) increases your attack damage by 150% for the next attack, which is perfect when proc on Rampage.
: Great item to help raise your MR without sacrificing damage output.
- : This is a great way to round off your stats for endgame.
I like to run Hecarim in top lane to maximize his farm and level. If you notice that your counterpart has disappeared and on his/her way to bottom lane, you might get there last. That is a good moment for you right there. You can use Onslaught of Shadows to either get the opposing team off your teammates or to turn the tides in a lopsided fight. If you meet up for just a straight up brawl, open with Onslaught of Shadows then try to use Devastating Charge to pick out the squishy or "need to die". Try to activate Spirit of Dread to maximize the AOE damage.
All in all, Hecarim is one of the best chasers in the game. He has great durability, can still deal massive amounts of damage, survive teamfights with ease, and has top class ganks.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Also, IceCreamy for the column template, which you can find here
Please be sure to let me know what I can add to this guide, change, take out, etc. Thanks again for taking the time to read my guide. Please remember that this is a 3v3 guide. I am not sure if this is viable in 5v5 and I am not sure if I will test it there.