Humor Guide by jhoijhoi
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This guide/build is for fun only. I do not recommend playing with this build in a real game. Whenever I'm playing with a new player, and we play Custom/Co-Op vs AI games so they can learn how to play, I play as Nidalee and just have fun raping the AI.
DO NOT TRY THIS BUILD IN A REAL GAME.
This build requires gaining and keeping stacks for the snowball items. If you die often, it won't be worth using this build. I made this build after I realised people didn't often account for playing in a bot game - they'd build the same items that they would in a real game. It's a bot/AI game! ^^ Build whatever you want!
I then realised Nidalee is the perfect bot killer. She scales with AP and AD, she's ranged, she's got a ranged nuke, and she has an in-built Flash to close any gaps. With this in mind, I created a build that was specifically Hybrid and will gain damage as the game progresses.
I'm aware that killing bots is very easy - I'm just capitalising on this idea for the fun of it.
Have fun with the build, and I hope you enjoy spearing AI as they try to recall as much as I do :P
Why Play Against Bots/AI?
1) To learn/train with a champion (no one wants to hear in a Normal or Ranked game, "First time Janna", "I hope I do well, I haven't played Jax in months".)
2) To play with friends who are lower levels/higher levels. No one wants to play with a level 30 in a Normal game if they're level 5. It's unfair to everyone *but* the level 30.
3) To play modes like ARAM (all random, all mid), as LoL currently doesn't support gameplay like that other than in Customs.
4) To farm IP. 60IP for a winning match (that is at least 25 minutes of gameplay - you should have all your items as Nidalee by then) stacks up pretty quickly with Bot games, and they're fun because you're owning bots.
5) Practising in Co-Op vs AI - the AI is more competent and gives you a better idea if you can play a champion well.
6) Trying out jungling routes with champions (when Udyr was free, I went ahead and bought a full rune page of Attack Speed runes. Then I found out I wasn't good at playing Udyr haha. Wasted a lot of IP, but it was fun jungling with Udyr, trying again and again to kill Blue Buff at level 1)
7) Bot/AI games are fun. You can test crazy builds, you can muck around and feed, you can do anything, and you won't be penalised for it.
While yes, there probably isn't a reason to put up a build aimed particularly at bots/AI games, I thought, "Why the hell not?" There are plenty of guides about Nidalee. It's not like this guide will rise up the ranks. It's just here for a reference.
Tips Against Bots / AI
Custom Game Bots:
* Bots will not "remember" where you are on the map if you step into brush. You can abuse this greatly by attacking once (if in a side lane), hiding in brush, then attacking again. Rinse repeat til they die.
* Bots will retreat to tower when they get below 200 health, and immediately Recall. If you interrupt their Recall, they will just start a new Recall cycle.
* If a Bot doesn't retreat when they get to low health, they will fight you until they die, or they will walk away, but stop every single time you hit them with an auto attack.
* Bots will always try to kill you if you're on low health. This means they will tower dive you, and if you hit them once, you'll probably get a kill thanks to the tower.
* Bots generally stay behind their creeps unless you're on low health.
Current Custom Game Bots
Nasus: Will often tower dive you/let himself get hit by creeps/tower. He will Wither you often.
Sivir: Will never use her spell shield. I have never seen her use her ultimate. She will use her Boomerang Blade often.
Master Yi: Always uses Alpha Strike. Always heals.
Malphite: Only ever uses his ultimate to get a kill. Will often slow you. Is very aggressive.
Shen: Will Ultimate to dying allies and then Taunt the enemies surrounding them, often saving the ally. Will Ultimate to allies dying to towers.
Soraka: Heals allies often.
Annie: The easiest bot to kill. Doesn't save her stun, uses all her moves often. Will always try to retreat quickly on low health.
Co-Op vs AI (Beginner):
* AI "remembers" where you are on the map, so you can no longer hide in brush.
* AI will sometimes roam the lanes to help fellow AI.
* AI will escape using random routes through the map to lose you in the jungle.
* AI will use their Summoner Spells against you.
* AI on low health will retreat to the second inner tower to Recall.
* AI will push towers together as a team.
Co-Op vs AI (Intermediate):
* AI will gank.
* AI will jungle.
* AI will be efficient as a team, and the AI know exactly which moves to use when they need it to kill you.
Runes / Masteries
Greater Quintessence of Magic Penetration for the magic penetration.
greater mark of desolation for the armour penetration and the damage it'll give you early game.
Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration for the mana regeneration Nidalee requires.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Cooldown Reduction for the cooldown reduction that makes Nidalee ridiculous when in Aspect Of The Cougar.
Offense Tree (9): We want the Ability Power + the Ability Cooldowns + the Magic Penetration.
Utility Tree (21): We want Experience Gain, Neutral Monster Buff Duration, Movement Speed + Cooldowns.
Skill Sequencing / Summoner Spells
For the purpose of this game against bots, you should be leveling Javelin Toss / Takedown and Primal Surge / Swipe equally with one level of Bushwhack / Pounce so you can place traps if necessary, but mainly so you can use the Pounce when you finally get to Aspect Of The Cougar.
Prowl coupled with Bushwhack / Pounce when in Aspect Of The Cougar means that you'll be able to get around the map really fast to help you maximise your damage potential with Mejai's Soulstealer and Sword of the Occult.
Teleport to ensure you're always gaining experience/money/kills.
Ghost to get around the map to get kills/assists.
Flash to help with kills (though with bots, I find Bushwhack / Pounce more than enough to close the gaps.
Items / Gameplay / Jungling
You want to start with a Doran's Ring so you can spam your Javelin Toss / Takedown and Primal Surge / Swipe when you can/need to. You'll want to try and take middle lane, so you can get First Blood by getting the bot to low health and then sniping them at the tower with Javelin Toss / Takedown.
Hopefully in a Custom Game, you'll be mid against Annie, which is a guaranteed First Blood (which means you can immediately buy Boots of Speed if you like and Teleport back up). Otherwise you'll probably get your first kill after the 2 minute mark (probably around the 4 minute mark with repeatedly Javelin Toss / Takedown Nasus at the tower).
On your first trip back (assuming you've killed your opponent mid at least once) you can buy the lower components of Mejai's Soulstealer (which is an Amplifying Tome) and Sword of the Occult (which is a Long Sword) + Boots of Speed. Personally I like to buy both snowballing items at the same time, so I can get stacks of both when I start roaming and killing bots. Generally I wait until I can finish both items before I start genuinely rolling the bots.
Once you've bought Mejai's Soulstealer and Sword of the Occult, finish your Sorcerer's Shoes. You've most likely reached Aspect Of The Cougar by now, so don't be afraid to go jungling until your
At any point in the game (though preferably early), take down the first middle tower so you can afford to be running around the map and killing things.
By now you're at least level 10 and roaming the map at will, killing any and all that come in your path (don't forget that Nidalee's innate passive Prowl gives you extra movement speed in brush, so try to move through it whenever you can).
Buy Guinsoo's Rageblade and try to keep those stacks up at 8 all the time. It's not hard, just press "R", then spam "QWE" continuously on the way back to your lane, as when Nidalee is in Aspect Of The Cougar, her spells cost no mana - only have a time restraint.
After Guinsoo's Rageblade, go ahead and buy Hextech Gunblade. If you weren't raping before (for whatever reason), surely now you will be.
To complete the build, buy Lich Bane for the movement, damage proc and extra ability power.
Don't forget to buy Elixirs if the game hasn't ended by now! Elixir of Brilliance, Elixir of Agility and Elixir of Fortitude.
This guide/build is not meant to gain "upvotes", and I don't care if you downvote it to oblivion :P I sincerely just wanted to share how much fun Nidalee can be in a bot/co-op vs AI game.
NOTE: As soon as I can render my videos, I'll upload some gameplay of me playing against bots with this build. I'm certainly not a pro with Nidalee, so don't expect finesse :P In fact, if there is such a thing as a faceroll champion, I'd say it was Nidalee (only in bot games though!!! I personally know the agony of trying to play Nidalee in a real game if you're not good - you get stomped).