Evelynn Build Guide by Toadfart
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Extended Game Choices
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Greetings Summoners, and welcome to my first Mobafire guide. I have a lot of love for Evelynn as she was my first Champion and is still my favorite, but in my League career I've seen less than ten players using Eve and only one who built her AD. As one of the most enjoyable Champions to play and because most guides only offer AD builds for Eve as an afterthought, I decided to dedicate my first guide to AD Eve.
Thanks for reading,
I've dedicated a lot of time and attention to this guide and would appreciate it very much if you would read it all and try it out before voting/commenting. Furthermore, I invite you to criticize me in the comments, as well as offer me tips and suggestions on how to improve this guide. I'm not going to be upset if this guide doesn't get a lot of views or a high rating [although if it does I won't complain, I promise ;) ]. All I want is to see more people enjoying Evelynn and her awesomeness, and I'll do my best to make this guide successful at least at that.
Also, this guide is nothing if not flexible. If you have a favorite item, build it! If you prefer other runes/masteries/spells, use them! Tell me how it goes in the comments and I may make a note of it in the guide.
Nine seals of armor are pretty standard since seals don't have much to offer. I take them to increase early survivability, especially when in the bottom lane.
Nine glyphs of magic resist, again to increase early survivability. These glyphs are also handy since m.res is (in my opinion) the most expensive resistance in-game and most m.res items don't synergize well with AD Eve.
Nine marks of hybrid penetration. Most of you are probably wondering at this point why I would take hybrid runes when I'm building a full-AD Eve, but the answer is simple. There are two primary reasons:
1. Regardless of how she is built, Eve's abilities deal magic damage. In addition, most damage early- to mid-game comes from Hate Spikes and Ravage, so m.pen is as important as ar.pen
2. Because your build is all AD, most players will forget that you still deal large amounts of magic damage and won't build m.res. It would be a shame to waste such a wonderful opportunity.
Two AD, one AP. For the same reason as above, the extra AP will help early game.
Like I said in the ATTENTION chapter, feel free to use other runes/quints if you have ones you prefer.
Everyone has their preferences when assigning masteries, so for this section I'll mostly outline why I choose the ones I do and the ones I think are most important.
21 pts in offense,because we're not going to be the ones dying.
1 pt in Summoner's Wrath gives us +5 AP and AD when ignite is on cooldown, which is great for Eve
1 pt in Destruction since less time on towers means more time wrecking face. Plus Eve is good for tower diving when need be, and this helps.
0 pts in defense, see above.
9 pts in utility,because we want to keep Red, Blue, and Baron longer. Less time in jungle = even more time making your opponents wish they chose a different lane.
2 pts each in Mastermind and Artificer because shorter cooldowns are better.
3 pts in Wanderer and one in Improved Recall because we're spending our match killing and not doing boring stuff like standing around to recall or running back into lane.
This chapter is by far the most flexible. Evelynn has enough flexibility to place points wherever she needs them past level 6~7, so here I'll mostly outline the key points of assigning her ability points.
Q,W,E, alwaysYou might think you want Ravage at level two, but when you watch kill after kill ghost or flash away you'll regret your choice. If you think you want it at level one, you'll probably spend a good bit of time with it still at level one. Trust me, Q,W,E
Max Ravage as soon as you can. It gives you more attack speed per level when you use it, which is why AD Eve can be so effective.
Like every other ult, put points in it as soon as you can if for no other reason than more shield and cooldown reduction
At level 8 I usually have to pick between Q and W. Go Q if you're mostly farming or want more harass, or go W if you're doing a lot of chasing (or running, but that's not what you're supposed to be doing. Unless you're getting ganked at least 3v1 or the other champion is Teemo.)
If you think you picked wrong, just use the point from level 9 in the other skill.
After maxing Ravage, I usually keep Q and W fairly even. Late game Q burns mana faster than you think it will, so keep that in mind.
Barrier and Ignite are my bread and butter, but even more so on Eve since Ghost and Flash are semi-redundant. Other viable options include:
Teleport because we already know walking is boring
Exhaust because some people still try to run, plus it helps early game before we have anything with Icy
Spells that you really probably shouldn't get on Evelynn
Clarity, since your passive gives you great m.regen and you've probably got blue from somebody you killed anyway
Heal, since you're not a support and will probably finish the fight before your lanemate catches up.
Smite, because you're not jungling with this build. If you want to jungle, buy Olaf.
All of the rest of the spells, because nobody but noobs use them.
This is probably why you're here in the first place, so I put it at the bottom in hopes that you might read everything else fbefore you made it here. If you didn't though, that's cool too. Anyway, on to detailed item builds.
1. Boots and pots, nuff said. You realy don't need mana pots since you can use your passive to get more mana.
2. Sometimes, when my lane looks really freaking easy, I start with ruby crystal to get phage faster. The extra health often helps to get that first kill and survive.
3. I almost always build my core items in this order. The health and slow from the Frozen Mallet are invaluable early game, Eve needs some CDR for when she doesn't have Blue, and the sooner you get Phantom Dancer the better you'll do. I save Gunblade for last because to me the other items are more important.
4. So sometimes your team sucks and you're doing all the work, and the game lasts long enough for you to fill your last two slots. Infinity Edge is my number one choice for this spot because of the massive increase to your damage potential. After that I prefer to take Trinity Force for the spellblade passive it offers, or Iceborn Gauntlet if you feel the need for a little bit of armor. Guinsoo's and Youmuu's are two other really good picks depending on who's on the enemy team.
5. First off, I like to take a Philosopher's stone somewhere between Frozen Mallet and whichever boots I decide on, especially in games that look like they're going to last awhile. A lot of people say that Philo Stone is for noobs, but it comes in handy if you get stuck having to run from lane to lane so your team doesn't lose out on towers.
Second, both Boots of Speed and Berserker's Greaves are valid choices for this build and some games warrant one or the other instead of the usual boots. If the game moves into the late-game phase I generally sell whatever boots I have and get the Boots of Speed so I don't waste so much time running to their base.
Finally, Warmong's, Sunfire, and Thornmail all have a time and a place. For the most part you'll have to decide on your own if and when these items are more useful than your other choices.
For everyone who says AD Eve is irrelevant, here is proof otherwise.
AD Eve Victory
If you made it this far, thanks for taking a small part of your day/night to read my first Mobafire guide. If you can, please take a bit more time to vote/comment and help me make this guide better.
But most of all, Go have fun with Evelynn =)