Janna Build Guide by DMac2u
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey i'm dmac2u and this is my first guide for my favorite champion, Janna the Storms Fury. Please leave a comment, thank you for checking out my guide! ^.^
Why pick Janna?
Janna is a very good support to peel with. Her kit gives her a very good disengage. In laning phase, she can help the Adc with early trades with her shield. Janna's shield gives the Adc a huge ad boost and protects them at the same time.
- Is almost 100% needed on Janna.
- Very useful against adc's or high damage enemy's in late game. ( Udyr, Master Yi, etc )
- Good against champions with heals. ( Soraka )
- Good against champions that have alot of AoE damage. ( Karthus, Brand, etc )
- It's okay, only if your laning with an adc that is really mana reliant. ( Corki, Sivir, etc )
- This isn't very useful, there is scrying-orb anyways and wards.
- I wouldn't recommend it on Janna.
- I wouldn't recommend this either, exhaust would be a better option and you could get mikaels crucible
- revieve I wouldn't recommend these spells either.
Pros and Cons
Strong shield with Ad boost
Strong slow and knock up
Very low damage in lane
- Ashe and Janna is another one of my favorite lanes, Ashe needs alot of peel and she has no escapes, Janna can help her with escaping. Ashe's slow and stun ( Ashe's q and her ult ) and Janna's slow and knock up ( Janna's w and q ) will make it almost impossible to get away.
- ] Caitlyn is a very good laning partner for Janna, Caitlyn's range let's her safely farm and keep distance from the enemy.
- Kog'maw is another good laning partner for Janna, Kog'maw's w increases his range, letting him poke and farm safely.
- Twitch is a great laning partner with Janna, when Twitch goes into stealth put a shield on him, he will deal lots of damage to the enemy.
- Draven's q + Janna's shield deals so much damage together. In early lane fights, Draven and Janna would most likely win.
- Varus and Janna is another good lane, Varus's q lets him farm and poke in a safe range, while Janna could stop enemies from getting near Varus.
- Ezreal's q let's him poke and farm easily. He is a great laning partner with Janna.
- Corki is a pretty good laning partner for Janna too.
- Miss Fortune needs alot of peel ( Miss Fortune has no escape ) , which Janna has, Miss Fortune is a good laning partner.
- Vayne is a great laning partner with Janna, her passive and Vayne's passive gives Vayne alot of movement speed, and your slow will let you and Vayne catch up with anyone.
- Graves is a good laning partner too.
- Lucian is one of my favorite adc's to support as Janna, Lucian has lots of mobility and Janna's w can help Lucian catch up with anyone, also Janna's shield can let Lucian poke safely and do more damage.
- Jinx is a good laning partner, her q ( Rocket ) let's her farm safely and poke at the same time!
- Sivir and Janna is a good lane, Sivir and Janna would be hard to gank, both have very good disengage ( Sivir's ult and Janna's Ult )
- Tristana is a good laning partner with Janna.
- Quinn is a really good laning partner for Janna.
- I haven't laned with many Urgots before, but he has no escapes, Janna could help him escape.
During early game, you would want to protect your adc from any damage. If the enemy adc or support tries to poke your adc, shield your adc to prevent the damage. Also try to keep the bushes warded.
Stay with your adc and try to be in every team fight. You will have to peel for your team. Continue to ward with your sight stone and clear enemy wards with your red trinket. If your team is losing, don't let the enemy force you in fights, try to disengage with your ult.
Be sure to always be with your team now, stay close even warding, make sure baron is always warded and clear the enemy wards.
I hope this guide helped you. ^.^ please leave a comment, thank you! Good luck! ( I still have alot of work to do with this guide, i will keep editing it, thank you for the feedback ^.^ )