Vayne Build Guide by DefiledAngel
Not Updated For Current Season
What Vayne Build DOESN'T have this?
Finish 'er up defensively
NOBODY REMEMBERS THESE!
Example Build: Baron Slayer
Not Updated For Current Season
Threats to Vayne with this build
|Jarvan IV||Tumble out of his ult. Melt him down. Just completely screw this guy over everytime you see him.|
|Shyvana||Will come in thinking she's stong. absolutely murder her. Kite + W = Dragon slayer Vayne getting her title.|
Welcome to my Vayne Jungle Build! This build is built upon the idea that you understand basic Vayne play style, and can plan out combat with her, not just react. If you feel something needs to be added, or need more info on something, leave a comment. Now let's begin this Guide!
Runes on Vayne can be very diverse, but in the jungle. Health dominates as important. You can prioritize attack damage over attack speed levels 1-6, so early AD runes wouldn't hurt. However this becomes moot post level 6. Honestly play a game with the standard runes I give, and adjust to your play style.
Masteries are very basic to understand on Vayne, however remember that if you don't build crit, to get rid of Frenzy. It's useless. Whether or not you invest more into the defense tree is up to you.
Devourer: Why it works
Now, I will go into detail on this. The reason Vayne can jungle at ALL, is because of Sated Devourer's passive: It double's on hit effects. So not only will Bork proc twice, but your W will two. Now, to put that amazing fact into perspective Let's say you're facing a 3000 HP enemy, and you have an attack speed of 2.00. With Sated Devourer, you deal 8% Max Hp + 60 true damage EVERY SECOND. That's 300 true damage per second, plus another 3 procs of BORK, adding 24% Max Hp damage, plus whatever your AD is. This, HURTS tanks, as all that precious armor they build was for naught.
Why do you max W first? Because it's you source of damage. This is what people are afraid of. Q is next just so that you can pull off faster kiting. E is last because it's just for ultility, and the other two abilities take priority.
Pros / Cons
- Insane tank melting
- Great dueling potential
- Great way to carry late game if your ADC is early game or a spell based ADC (I.E Varus,Corki, etc)
- Can screw up enemy team comps in Draft, trying to counter Vayne, instead getting countered by the actual ADC
- Hard and weak early game
- Squishy: you must know Vayne well.
- If you cant orbwalk, nor use all abilites to the max, you can feed quite easily.
- If you are shut out of the game, your team will have a hard time keeping the game afloat.
Creeping / Jungling
Depending on which side you are, you will have two different routes:
Blue Side: Start bot-lane on Krugs, then red buff, then go to Wolves, then blue.
Red Side: Start bot side, start Gromp, go blue, then wolves, then red.
- Ask your team's support to tank the first creep camp a bit. This'll allow you to take on the buff with greater ease and HP.
- Your Q can be canceled by rolling into a wall directly next to you. You must be flush with the wall for this to work.
- Because this isn't lane, you don't need to click on the creeps to attack. Only click the creeps once to start, and again if you want to target a specific one. Of course early game you might have to move more, but later on you wont need to.
I thank you for reading this "expansion" guide on Vayne. If you are confused or otherwise want a question answered. Leave a comment, or look on a basic Vayne guide. I'll answer questions as best I can.