Karma Build Guide by Naux2010
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
A bit of southern hospitality to welcome you.....Howdy! I play under Naux2010 and have recently discovered how much I like support and how much the new Karma can be a game changer. This is my first guide and saw that most people didn't like the Karma guides out there so hopefully this will help. I play her with max cdr and using Q for offense and defense. Even though I play her with utilizing her damage I do not KS!! Use your damage to help poke down enemy champs and then let your adc (or others) finish them off. Even though this might not seem like the "absolute best" way to play a 'support' by majority standards. Try to have an open mind and give it a try.
*this is just a quick reference guide for those trying to get a basic build and understanding*
Pros / Cons
+ Great AoE Damage
+ Team Shield/Haste
+ Self Heal
- Mana Hungry
- Can screw your adc if not played right
|MASTERY||// The masteries I chose help in maxing the CDR and allowing for you to gain extra gold and experience.|
// I choose Heal to synergize with the one point in defense and is great to pair with a Mantra + E (shield)
// The other I get Flash. This is great for both offense and defense. It allows you to either flash to an enemy and Q to help chase. This can be used in the opposite way as well. Q then Flash allows you to escape easily (usually).
- GATHERING FIRE: // This works ONLY ON ENEMY HIT. Unfortunately this will not proc with your E if you do not use mantra. You have to damage an enemy. On the other hand, If you hit multiple enemies it will reduce for each enemy hit. So theoretically if you hit all 5 enemy champs with a Q then you get 5 seconds taken off of mantra.
- INNER FLAME (Q): // This will be your bread and butter. You poke, clear, slow offensively/defensively. Once you get
you can pretty much spam this all day long. I always max this first.
- FFOCUSED RESOLVE (W): // This is your second main damage ability. Now you are a support in this build and does nothing for you except heal when you pop mantra. I usually max this last.
- INSPIRE (E): // Max this second. This can save your team or give them a nice speed boost to catch that pesky low health enemy that's running away. The shield is nice
- MANTRA (R): // This is what empowers your abilities.
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: // Helps you poke early game
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: // Again, helps with the early game poke. You won't pick up any magic pen items until Possibly (if ever) late game. It will help you with that wonderful damage dealing that makes opponents scared early.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: // To help protect against those wandering mids
, or supports like
- Greater Seal of Armor: // Of course to help with pesky enemy adc trying to poke you down.
sight ward x3, , ,
ITEM ORDER for CORE
Get Chalice of Harmony , Boots , and Fiendish Codex . Then upgrade to Ionian Boots of Lucidity and Athene's Unholy Grail .
The Ionian Boots of Lucidity and Athene's Unholy Grail are a must for this build. Now once you get these item you might want to get a Sightstone .
OTHER ITEMS THAT ARE SITUATIONAL
Runic Bulwark for when your tank is not taking it
Abyssal Scepter for that Magic Resist, AP and MR reduction
Rabadon's Deathcap for if for some reason you are way ahead and are now carrying
Will of the Ancients if your team has a lot of AP
Most of the time you aren't going to get much past the boots, grail, and one other big item. The boots and grail cost 3650 and with a sightstone and scepter that puts our total to 7250 which is about a 30 min game if you are winning. But here's the thing....you are max cdr with the core items so spam that Q!!!!
Just to put everything together. This is based on playing an aggressive support. Your Q is AoE slow so it's a wonderful poke and can really put out some great damage. Since its up about every 3-4 sec since you are max cdr your damage output can go through the roof and you should be coming close to out damaging carries when it comes to damage to champs. Don't forget to use/save mantra. I would suggest playing some bot games to get used to using mantra in different situations.
Remember this is my first guide so if you have any questions please feel free to ask.