Jax Build Guide by Meinhardd
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Every one are always going on the League of Legends battlefield and try to win BUT with this AWESOME guide you will go on the League of Legends battlefield and WIN. You will carry your team trough the game and win, simple isin't it?
Jax is so fun to play, he can do massive damage in no seconds. As you see below he is doing great damage!!!
This is my second build, my other Fiddlesticks build is going very well, been on the top but now it is fighting in the top 3 Fiddlesticks builds. Here is a link:Fiddlesticks.
I hope this Jax guide will help you out in the game. I have been looking at the other jax guides and they are almost ALL going full AP, i don't think that's the right way to play Jax. Good of both and you will be much more WICKED SICK. Please remember to vote comment and rep me when you are done. And also if you could send me your score with this build. Thank you.
Pros / Cons
+Very high damage
+Is good on AP and AD but wicked sick with both
+He is very good 1vs1
+Good in teamfights
+He Leap Strike and Empower are doing MASSIVE high damage together
+A good farmer
+Very very fun to play
+You are Jaximus
-He is often the target because the enemy team know, if Jax get fed the team will win
-Not so good to be the first one in teamfights
-Hard to master
-Not a good jungler
1-21-8 is the masteries we are gonna choose. The reason for this is because with these you will max your survival. You won't die and still you will be doing good damage. Me personal like to have as little deaths as possible, that's why i go defensive masteries.
- Exhaust You always wanna choose your summoner spells IF you can. If you don't choose the tree where your summoner spell is then you can't
- Evasion It will increase your dodge chance by 2%, Jax want's as much dodge as possible because his E spell Counter Strike can only be used when you dodge an attack
- Nimbleness When you dodge your movement speed will be increased by 10%, another reason we want dodge
- Veteran's Scars Your health will be increased by 48 which is good in early game
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration This is because you want your spells to do the damage they are meant to be doing, BUT ofcourse your runes can't match with the items, but this will help on it
- Greater Seal of Evasion The main reason for this is simple because Jax want's as much dodge so his E spell Counter Strike will be up more often, without dodge you can never use it so it will be useless. And the other reason is so the enemy carries will dodge on you
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Mana Regeneration In early game Jax can have some mana problems, this will fix a big part of that
- Greater Quint of Evasion Ones again the dodge for your E spell Counter Strike
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration i explained it above, you want your spells to do the damage they are meant to do
- Greater Mark of Desolation This is if you feel that your attacks aren't doing so much damage against the heavy armor champs. This will help on that problem.
- Greater Seal of Evasion You want as much dodge as you can get
- Greater Seal of Armor If you think that Jax is to squish and the enemy carries just rape you, then choose this runes, it will help a bit
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Mana Regeneration If you are new to League of legends and you are using all your mana, then this will help you out
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist The enemy has a SICK Ability power champ that come close to me and just rape me, what shall i do? get these runes, will help you alot!!!!
- Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction If you think your spells are to long cool down then but these runes
- Greater Quint of Evasion The dodge you want!
- Greater Quint of Fortitude With these and Veteran's Scars you will get 106 more health, this will help you very much in early game, you won't die first blood
- Greater Quint of Swiftness Good runes, no one can escape you now!!!
SUMMONER SPELL HERE: is a most, you can both get close or escape from your enemy, you can Flash trough walls. Very good summoner spell.
Exhaust: A very good spell, if your top or bot lane fed a sick damage dealer, then this will help you take them down!
Ghost: This will help you catch or escape your enemy, also if you see that you will be late in a teamfight this will get you there much faster. But i have chosen that Exhaust and Flash are better.
- Equipment Mastery: Jax's prowess with weapons and armor increase his fortitude as he gains equipment:
Jax gains 3 health per point of bonus attack damage.
Jax gains 2 health per point of ability power.
This CAN go out and be one of the best passives in the game, you just need the right items. See this is one off the reasons we don't go full out on AP, if we go both the passive will be much more use full!!!
- Leap Strike: (Active): Jax leaps towards a target. If it's an enemy, he strikes it with his weapon, dealing magic damage.
Cost: 65 mana
Cooldown: 13 / 11 / 9 / 7 / 5 seconds
Magic Damage: 20 / 45 / 70 / 95 / 120 (+0.7 per ability power) (+1.0 per attack damage)
This will be the cheese on your bread, you will be able to jump on your target, dealing great damage or jump on a friendly minion/champion so it can save your life. It's a very good spell, not many spells deals good damage and can save you!!
- empower:(Active): Jax charges his weapon with energy, causing his next autoattack or Leap Strike to deal additional magic damage.
Cost: 20 mana
Cooldown: 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 seconds
Magic Damage: 60 / 95 / 130 / 165 / 200 (+0.4 per ability power) (+0.4 per bonus attack damage)
And here my dear reader i give you THE BREAD. Just joking, this will be your bread, your massive damage, i simple LOVE this spell. You can deal tons of damage and the squish will think you are god!!!
- Counter Strike:Permanently increases Jax's dodge chance.
Dodge Chance: 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 / 18 %
(Passive): Permanently increases Jax's dodge chance.
Dodge Chance: 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 / 18 %
(Active): Jax stuns surrounding enemies for 1 second and deals magic damage to them. Usable only within 7 seconds of dodging an attack.
Cost: 60 mana
Cooldown: 4.5 seconds
Radius of AoE: 400
Magic Damage: 80 / 110 / 140 / 170 / 200 (+0.6 per ability power)
yeah guys, ready to play counter strike? i will be counter terrorist. No dummie this is a spell, a pretty wicked sick spell with high dodge chance, this is why we take the masteries and runes. A very very good spell!!!!
- Relentless Assault:(Passive): Jax's basic attacks increase his attack speed for 2.5 seconds. This bonus stacks up to 10 times. Additionally, every third consecutive attack will deal bonus magic damage.
Attack Speed: 6 / 10 / 14 % per stack
Magic Damage: 140 / 170 / 210 (+0.7 per ability power)
(Active): Grants a magic resistance bonus for few seconds.
Cost: 80 mana
Cooldown: 60 seconds
Magic Resistance Bonus: 20 / 35 / 50 (+1.0 per dodge percent)
Duration: 5 / 6.5 / 8 seconds
What can you say? With Guinsoo's Rageblade and Relentless Assault on full stacks, no one can stop you!!!! You will rape the balls out of the enemy!!!
Ability Sequence Order
Ulti is the first spell we max. Then we go and max Empower because it deals such a great amount of damage, then it's Counter Strike many of you would have guessed Leap Strike but no, the stun is longer and your dodge chance will be much better, i will recommend Counter Strike. And last we take Leap Strike it can deal high damage but Empower is better. And this can help you chase or escape your enemies.
: This is again because of your E spell Counter Strike you want high dodge. But this will also help you against the enemy damage dealers as you block the attacks.
: This is a very good item, the early 35 attack damage and 45 ability power is great. BUT the best part is that with your ulti Relentless Assault and this on full stack you will have attack speed and good ability power.
: This is your best item, i am speechless, all the stats this gives you is WICKED SICK. All your attacks and spells will deal more damage as well as healing you!!!!! The best item for Jax i would say!!! Don't forget to use it on your enemy.
: All the stats is great, but now all you basic attacks will slow your enemy by 35% that is very good. And when you empower the Sheen will also increase you next basic attack to deal 150% more damage, WICKED SICK IN THE BALLS now you will deal tons of damage.
:I always pick this item when i think i need survival, this will help you so much. The passive in the item which gives you a shield that block 1 negative spell is so OP, the cooldown is 45sec.
- : This is the last item, now you are complete legendary, not even the tanks can do anthing, if i said that you will rape the squish then now you will do something that is much worse, KILL THEM, even the tanks!!!
You will need to farm alot, always try to last hit the minions because Jax is very item depended, you will need alot of minions. And go into jungle won't harm anyone, try to always have both blue and red buff on you.
If you remember to last hit and keep buffs, you will get much more money=much more item=much better=rape the enemy, simple math isin't it?
Your role in teamfights? Your role in teamfight are to kill them aren't it? Yes it is!!!
Don't go first into teamfight, let your tank or someone else, go right after the squish and exhaust the carry. Kill the squishes if they have many, and then go for the carry, ALWAYS go for the tanks last, always.
- Thanks to jhoijhoi for his awesome Making a guide by jhoijhoi
- And thank you my dear reader, for reading this! :D
Jax is just so fun to play, you can't get enough, you are so good when you play him, it feels like you are God!!! If you have any comments, questions or queries about my guide, please don't hesitate to ask any questions.
Upvote if you liked the guide, and only downvote if you feel it is absolutely necessary. If you do downvote, please inform me of why, and perhaps I can rectify any mistakes I have made.