Pantheon Build Guide by PotatisFarfar
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Now live streaming.
Only the best quality for you <3.
Thanks trixinity for this awesome banner
Hello it is me again, let me introduce you to this new champion called MANTHEON. Not to be confused with his ***** brother Pantheon.
His job is to be overall manly and bad ***. Doing tons of damage and fear no one.
Ok lets get a bit serious, you might find this build a bit weird. But the Mobafire rules still stand, at least give it a fair try before doing a judgement, hell just read the guide. Been playing Pantheon a long time, both when he was OP and UP and always liked him, tryieng different builds and skilling orders.
And this is how i feel that he is build best right now. I am always open to feed back in both PM's and in comments, just don't be rude.
Ok lets do this shal we?
Thanks to Searz for the awesome guide format! You can find it here.
Mouse-over any items or abilities to see their tooltip.
(for any abbreviations you don't understand)
In my opinion the best way to build masteries for pantheon. You will need the mana regen in utility if you wanna have any chance of casting spells. And the 15 in offence will give you the best damage boost from there.
another way to build could be taking moment speed instead of damage. And remember to pick the improved version of your summoner spell.
Main rune set
Other runes worth considering(Less manly runes)
Here is where we see the difference between Real men and little girls. It is a fairly standard Pantheon build expect once key difference, i level Hearth seeker strikes last.
Riot put that skill into the game to test your manliness. Would you stand still like a little girl poking then with your spear. Or ****ing jump on the shield slamming there face into the ground? Real Mantheons don't stop attacking. Real Men attack all the time to proc Frozen mallet, passive and other stuff.
But of course we take one point in it for the awesome passive it brings us.
Your kit (abilities) and how to use it
Nasus, tower dive that Talon or even 1v1 that Udyr.
- When you have the passive on, people with auto attack resetting attacks will attack you once normal the reset. Keep this in mind.
- You can bait people like Nasus into wasting his Q. Simply have 3 stacks on you passive then walk up and attack him. More often than not he will strike you with his Q in panic.
- This passive blocks ranged spells that proc on hit effects like Ezreal and Gangplank
- Harass, harass and when your done harassing, harass some more.
- Try to use the spear in between auto attacks, you do this to avoid interrupting auto attacks and being awesome in the process
- Throw it then jump, not the other way around. This way you will have it off cooldown faster. And if you time it right, your spear will land at the same time you auto attack after shield slam. This does some interesting burst damage.
- When dueling a none caster. Try to use this when your passive have just proced to block 2 auto attacks.
- You might not always wanna start a fight with this, if you can get into melee range without it and you know you are gonna win. Wait until the enemy flashes away to follow them up.
- This can be used in escaping also. If 2 heroes are chasing you. Run into a brush and then shield slam on the enemy that is the closest to safety.
- This works on minions. Should be fairly easy to last hit.
- With this passive skill and Mantheon passive. You are quite deceptive. If you master this you will find that you can bait allot of enemies into a surprising death.
- Oh and you can kinda farm creeps with the active i guess
- When you are falling. Spam your Aegis of Zeonia. This will let you instantly stun people when you fall down. Making it nearly impossible to escape your masculinity.
- You should be constantly ganking people with this skill, it is more or less a free kill if your teammates are awake (not always).
- Say in all chat " I HAVE THE POWER " when you ult with ruthless skin for some internets.
- Don't know why i should tell you this, but you can use this skill as an escape, Twisted Fate style (but more manly). But why would you wanna escape as Mantheon any way?
Cookie cutter build
Recommended build 1 sequence:
Boots of Speed
So you wanna be fast and furious, dodging skill shots and throw spears. Boots are best suited against Casters most of the time. The added mobility and health regen from 3 potions will help you allot.
You just wanna tear some ****ers up. A perfect choice against weak laners that can't do much against you early. Good examples are Nasus, Mordekaiser and Irelia.
You just wanna eat harass like it was a tasty rack of boar ribs. A great starting items against bullies like Talon and Renekton. Don't forget them health potions!
You wanna eat harass from people and get a Philosopher's Stone! Works good if you are really in love with Gold items. And works quite ok against ap pokers.
If you gonna be the masculine piece of meat that you are. You gotta survive and dish out an OK amount of damage. Hence these item choices.
Some awesome items that will help you on your journey to fame.
Gives you some much needed magic resist. Will probably save your life with it's unique passive. And the health works really good with your Atma's Impaler
When you thought you couldn't slow you inferior enemies any more. You buy a Randuin's. In my opinion one of the best armor items in the game. Only Frozen Hearth is competitive in it's usefulness. And it builds out of an Hearth of gold, and that is always nice.
Wonder full place holders for your later items. Usually always get at least one of these. Really nice synergy with Atma's Impaler as well. Sell them later of course.
Elixir of Fortitude
A yummy drink or candy depending on the time. No real reason to not drink on of these before a major team fight. I can name alot of worse things to spend 250 gold on.
As a solo'er you will need to counter build against a good opponent if you wanna win. Here is some examples of good counter items:
This item is just so good for countering those really annoying ad bullies. If you started with a Cloth Armor you most likely wanna turn it into one of these. The proc and ward helps dragon / baron allot also.
Those Ap Assassins can be a real pain in the arse sometimes. If you are smart you buy this little darling see your power rise against that. See Akali or LeBlanc.
The enemy team is full of Crowd control. Or maybe you are getting stomped by some Ability Powered champion. In both ways these wonderful boots will help you allot!
You just wanna farm in peace like the woman you are, but those damn Ad bullies just will not let you do it in peace. Grab these swamp coloured boots and hope for the best.
Ok, you are Mantheon. So you want to have a solo lane. Mid or Top doesn't matter one tiny bit. Your job in the lane is fairly easy. Take last hits. And stop the enemy from taking more than you. How do you make this happen? Fairly simple.
If you look at my tips for Spear Shot you will get the general idea of it. But you don't only got your Spear shots. You actually have auto attacks (chocking i know). Against a melee character you wanna punish them every time they go in for a last hit. Throw a spear in there face and poke em with your man rod. If they strike back you will most likely block it with your passive and then have and advantage. When you took them down to around 40% health. You can shield slam in for the kill. If you see that they are gonna die, ignite them and flash after them. Remember your passive will allow you to tank some tower damage.
Last hitting shouldn't be a big of a problem with your passive from E. But when in danger, don't fear using your Spear Shotto last hit. When under tower a good rule of thumb is:
For melee minions: Wait for tower to attack two times. Then you attack for the last hit.
For caster minions: Attack them once, then let tower attack once and then you last hit.
You should aim to lane at least til you are level six. If you can do it longer there is no harm in that. Go back and do your manly shopping. Now you either go back to lane, or you could see if there is any mortal that you can man crush down upon.
A gank should go something like this:
Ultimate > if enemy is stunned already just drop down and auto attack. If not spam press W. > auto attack and throw spears, remember to move at the same time! > ignite if needed > if enemy flashes either flash after him or shield slap the biach.
Your job in team fights is pretty simple, your balls should be up in some ones face. Slowing them and being overall awesome. Your ult can be a really good icebreaker also. Letting you force team fights with ease.
It is hard to say: Always focus X. Mantheon is so good at focusing one targets damage all on him. So you need to choose wisely. Good targets to be ****ing with is melee chars like: Tryndamere, Master Yi and Nasus.
You can bait casters into using there wombo combo on you as well if you decide to focus them. Good examples is: Brand, Annie and Malzahar
It is quite hard to kill a ranged ad carry, but not impossible. The problem is Exhaust and kiting. IF you bullrush the enemy ad carry you might get blown up. You are no assassin, you are Mantheon! So of course you wait some time before going onto them. Getting the kill and all the glory. Some ranged carries: Caitlyn, Graves and Kog'Maw.
When Man dropping into the enemy team, make sure that your team knows that you are actually jumping in, way to many times i skipped happily into the enemy team only to die alone.
And if you don't start the fight, you can clean it up pretty well. Just jump onto the enemy ad carry this time, (now when no one expects it) then just kill them one after one. Just don't get chain crowd controlled
The post board
- Guide released 11-10-24
- Waiting for feedback right now.
- One of those cool looking banners.
And that is that ladies and gents.
I hope this gave you some insight in the awesome world of Mantheon.
Make sure to check out my Cho'gath guide aswell. It just reached 1 million views and i am so happy :D.
Lets see were this takes me.
Oh and enjoy this awesome closing banner from every ones favorite Vet. jhoijhoi