Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Zaun is a place where both magic and science have gone awry, and the unchecked nature of experimentation has taken its toll. However, Zaun's lenient restrictions allow their researchers and inventors the leeway to push the bounds of science at an accelerated rate, for better or worse.
It was under these conditions that a team of doctoral students from Zaun's College of Techmaturgy made a breakthrough in the field of intelligent steam automation. Their creation, the steam golem Blitzcrank, was developed to exercise judgment on-the-fly in order to assist with Zaun's hazardous waste reclamation process, since often the conditions did not allow for human supervision. However, he soon began exhibiting unforeseen behaviors.
Over time, the scientists were able to identify a demonstrated learning process, and Blitzcrank fast became a celebrity. As is sadly often the case though, credit for the golem's creation was scooped up by another - Professor Stanwick Pididly - though most now know the truth. In the wake of the ensuing legal maelstrom, it became evident that neither party truly had the steam golem's best interests at heart, and Blitzcrank humbly petitioned for personal autonomy.
Backed by overwhelming support from the public, it took the liberal Council of Zaun only a few weeks to declare Blitzcrank a fully-independent, sentient entity. A unique being, the golem left Zaun, distressed by the controversy and feeling there was no place he could fit in. Now he searches the lands of Valoran to find a place where he might someday belong.
Though Blitzcrank may batter anything that stands in his way, he really has a heart of gold...encased in a framework of iron...in a carapace of steel.
The build can vary in a few ways, according to how the game is going:
When you are ahead and you need to continue the snowball for fast ending:
=> => =>
=> => =>
WHEN YOUR TEAM HAS A LOT OF DAMAGE AND YOU WANT TO FOCUS MAXING FAST W AS SECOND SKILL SO YOU CAN PROVIDE KILLS EASIER(and leave the second level of the ultimate for level 13)
IF YOU ARE UNCERTAIN IN YOUR HOOK CAPABILITIES IT MIGHT BE BETTER TO MAX E - IF YOU MISS HOOKS, AT LEAST TO PROVIDE KNOCKUPS IN THE TEAMFIGHT MORE OFTEN
Pros / Cons
+ One of the most fun champions to play in the game
+ Outplay potential is huge
+ Easy to win games with him VS inexperienced players
+ 1 good hook late game can win the entire game
+ Quite tanky, for a support
+ Provides great CC by himself - great VS champions with channeling spells like , ,
+ His roaming is great, specially after you buy
- If you want to win VS experienced players you need to be able to make good predictions -> requires a lot of practice
- His steroid W - Overdrive slows you below your normal MS at the end of it's duration and enemies can hit you with skillshots much easier
- His main spell Q Rocket Grab has a very long cooldown at early ranks (over 20 seconds at level 1)
- If you miss your hooks you are quite useless
Tips and Tricks
1. When enemies see you coming towards them and specially when you use W they can be sure you will try to hook them -> Try to predict their movements and not aim the hook directly towards them - they will most likely try to dodge
2. Dying creeps are Blitz's best helpers - when the last enemy ranged minion is about to die that's when you need to launch your hook towards the enemy champion on bot. People don't always recognize the situation, that the dying creep is opening an opportunity for the enemy blitz to pull them.
3.Never use Overdrive if you aren't sure you can reach them with the hook(play it safe - they can poke you when you get slowed by your spell)
4. Always try to get level 2 first and try to make a fast Q-E combo on the enemy adc. Most likely you will burn the enemy
5. If you are ahead and you know the enemies at bottom lane have gone back - IT'S TIME TO ROAM TO MID or place deep wards in their jungle