Rammus Build Guide by mrkid
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
I build Rammus like a tank and play him like a carry. Rammus was seldom used in the preseason matches. He has started to be used more since players see the value of his taunt, but many players still underestimated him - which is when you shine using him. You roll into a group of enemies and blow all abilities at once, taking down multiple enemies simultaneously.
Boots of Speed
The last item varies depending on opponents. If you are facing champs that use magic more, i.e. casters like Janna, Karthus and Annie, go the Guardian Angel route. If you are facing more melee/physical opponents like Master Yi, Gragas, Pantheon and Teemo, then go the Warmog's Armor route.
Giant's Belt (1110) +430 Health
Warmog's Armor (1100)/(3135) +770 Health +30 Health Regen/5 Sec. PASSIVE: Permanently gain 3.6 Health and .5 Health Regen per 5 sec per minion kill. Champion kills grant 36 Health and 5 Health Regen per 5 sec. Bonuses cap at 450 Health and +62.5 Health Regen per 5.
ps - If you somehow get the longest game of your life, sell the boots and buy whichever final item you did not purchase in your original build.
- User your Powerball to:
- Travel around the map quickly. Hit it whenever leaving base, waiting for Mana
to regen before leaving.
- Slow/stun enemies.
- Escape from enemies (If you have advanced far forward on the map, keep
Powerball ready to escape with.)
- Use Puncturing Taunt on champs when they are in range of your turrets. Auto-focuses your turret on the enemy.
- Use Tremors (ult) to quickly kill turrets. Turn on Ball Curl at same time to increase armor and therefore damage.
- Powerball into a group of enemies, taunt the weakest, turn on your Ball Curl and hit your Ult. After targeted champ dies focus on next weakest, This enemy will already have lowered health due to your ult, and the fact that your ball curl returns some of his own magic damage to himself. If you start to get low on health pop your Heal. By this point at least one champ usually starts running. Use taunt (which has cooled down) to bring him back and pop any other abilities that have cooled down. This combo is killer, especially if a player is not used to seeing Rammus.
- Rammus is squishy for a while. Be careful farming and don't stray too far.
- If you get Sunfire Cape, it damages enemies around you. If you are attacking a turret and an enemy runs up to you, you damage him and then the turret targets you.
- If you have Sunfire Cape and you run by neutral monsters, they will start attacking you. Usually not a big deal, but something to remember.
- Watch out for low mana - one reason that Golum is highly recommended.
All parts of this guide are work in progress.