Kha'Zix Build Guide by shadowkilla300
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Against AD Team
Against AP Team
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
My name is shadowkilla300 and welcome to my Kha'Zix guide, my obsession with overly sized bug started on a week where he was free to play, i thought i would give him a chance and since then he has turned into one of my favorites. This guide will teach you some gameplay methods, and mentalities, to playing Kha'Zix. So lets get started!
P.S. This is my first guide so please leave any comments and vote as much as possible, any criticism and critiquing will be greatly appreciated
Pros / Cons
|+ Good Ranged Poke
+ AoE Slow
+ Easy To Farm With
+ Hes A Big A** Bug (nuff said)
|Kha'Zix is a great early game and late game nuke specialist, with an AoE slow that helps clear minion with an explosion radius you dont have to hit them just get close to do damage ( Void Spike). He has very good early game potential in solo lanes such as top and mid seeing as though it is easy to call someone out as they try to run away. An evolved Leap allows for quick escapes after securing kills in dangerous situations. Kha'Zix is very dangerous if found while alone, and if played correctly can very easily track down an isolated opponent and destroy they're health with a well planned ( Taste Their Fear).|
|+ Very Squishy
+ Long CD's On ( Leap and Void Spike)
+ Not Very Much Use In Team Fights
|Like every other champion in the game Kha'Zix has his strengths and weaknesses. For one his ultimate Void Assault has almost no damage potential if a flash or ghost can be used by the enemy, also AoE ultimates suck as MF's Bullet Time can easily kill kha'zix if his jump is on CD. It is very easy for many champions like Nautilus or Blitzcrank to grab or slow him before he jumps making it easier for the rest of the team to kill him.|
Reasoning: My masteries focus mainly on damage, masteries like Sunder and Weapon Expertise will help kha'zix counter champions and tanks who like to build a ton of armor, items like Last Whisper also help with this but we'll get to that later. I like to go 21/9/0 in masteries while focusing on damage and armor penetration in offense and health regen and armor in defense. In most fight in lane kha'zix will take considerable damage so masteries like Perseverance help him to sustain in lane along with either The Bloodthirster or Health Potion's
Reasoning: Maxing Taste Their Fear first will give you the early burst damage needed to easily melt champions as they become isolated. While chasing down enemy champs Void Spike will help slow/kill escaping champs allowing you to catch up. In my experience with kha'zix your going to want to evolve your Leap first, your Taste Their Fear second and your Void Spike last.
Greater Mark of Lethality
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
When it comes to runes I like to get greater mark of armor penetration because it is easier early game if you go against a tank such as Cho'Gath or Malphite. Also it helps if someone is trying to counter your AD by building armor. The Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist will help for team fights against a fed APC and alot of other skills. The Greater Seal of Armor will help counter most other solo top's seeing as though you will be more tanky than them. And finally the Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage will give you an early game advantage, especially with Taste Their Fear making it easier to kill enemy's early game.
Unseen threat: When Kha'Zix is not visible to the enemy team, he gains Unseen Threat, causing his next basic attack against an enemy champion to deal 15 / 20 / 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 / 65 / 75 / 85 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 / 155 / 170 / 185 / 200 / 220 + (50% of ability power) bonus magic damage and slows by 25% for 2 seconds.
- It's always good to remember that unseen threat refreshes every time the enemy team cannot see you, in a chase for an enemy champion walking through bushes can make it much easier for kha'zix to finish off an opponent.
Taste Their Fear: Deals 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 / 190 (+1.5 per bonus attack damage) physical damage to a single target. Damage against isolated targets is significantly increased to 102 / 145 / 189 / 232 / 276 (+2.2 per bonus attack damage).
Evolving claws increases damage to targets by 8% of their missing health. Isolated targets have this bonus increased to 12% of their missing health. Kha'Zix also gains 50 increased range on both Taste Their Fear and his basic attacks.
- Taste Their Fear has high burst damage whether isolated or not, i suggest maxing it first because of this damage, when in lane it is safest and easiest to Leap onto a low health oponent while using Taste Their Fear to do heavy burst damage relying on it's low CD and or a possible ignite to finish the job
- At low levels Taste Their Fear accomponied by Void Spike will help you easily 1v1 most solo tops, be sure to keep them close and if possible isolated to show your true burst damage potential.
- I would suggest evolving Taste Their Fear second for the percent of health damage it does, this helps counter enemies that build alot of high health items or alot of armor, after being evolved Taste Their Fear can make kha'zix scary to anyone on the map, including the tanks.
Void Spike: Kha'Zix fires spikes that explode on contact, dealing 75 / 115 / 155 / 195 / 235 (+1.0 per bonus attack damage) physical damage to all nearby enemies, and slows them by 20% for 2 seconds. Kha'Zix is healed by 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 (+50% of ability power) if he is within the explosion radius. Void Spikes cannot be cast during Leap.
Evolving spike racks causes Void Spike to fire three projectiles in a cone.
- Void Spike gives a small amount of health if you are within the blast radius of the attack, if possible always try to keep your enemies at close quarters so that a Void Spike and Taste Their Fear combo can do the most damage possible while keeping you alive.
- The health recieved from Void Spike can really help in early game sustain, if possible use it while your opponent isn't nearby to give you more minion clear and plenty of health.
- The mana cost of Void Spike is huge for an early game Kha'Zix, do not spam this ability. It is great when used in combos but as a long-range poke you cannot fully depend upon it for all the early game harrass you may need.
leap: Kha'Zix leaps to an area, dealing 65 / 100 / 135 / 170 / 205 (+0.8 per bonus attack damage) physical damage to enemies in the area he lands.
Evolving wings increases Leap's range dramatically and causes a kill or assists to refresh the cooldown of Leap.
- Leap is an amazing gapcloser and damage dealer, it allows for quick initiatons on a low-health enemy champion and quick getaways in a dangerous situation. Using Leap can be a powerful initiation tool when combined with the high burst damage from both Taste Their Fear and Unseen Threat, all these skills used together with a nicely landed voide spike can make Kha'Zix a vey dangerous early laner
- An evolved Leap can help secure kills while getting safely away, I would suggest evolving this first as it allows you an extreemly volatile gapcloser and getaway mechanism, an evolved Leap combined with a Taste Their Fear on an isolated target can easily take out most fleeing champions.
Void Assault: Passive: Each rank of Void Assault allows Kha'Zix to evolve one of his active abilities, granting it an additional effect.
Active: Kha'Zix enters stealth for 1 second and gains Unseen Threat, gaining 40% movement speed. Kha'Zix can cast Void Assault again within 10 seconds after activation. There is a 2 second cooldown between each cast of Void Assault.
Evolving active camouflage allows Kha'Zix to cast Void Assault three times within 10 seconds and reduces any damage by 50% he takes while in stealth.
- Void Assault is a great gapcloser, what most people dont realize is that in a chase void assault also works with Kha'Zix's passive Unseen Threat, as you use a stack of void assault the stealth resets Kha'Zix's passive and allows for extra damage and slows during a chase.
- Void assault can also be used to "juke" away from chasing champs, as you go into stealth be sure you're heading towards the nearest bush, ast the begin to catch up and head into the bush Kha'Zix can make a great escape with either another void assault out of the bush or a leap over the enemies heads followed by a void assault
- I prefer not to upgrade void assault, I much rater prefer the distance of Leap, the farm from Void Spike and the damage from Taste Their Fear, however if you were to upgrade Void Assault rather than one of the other skills iw ould suggest swaaping it for spike racks, this way you can still hit your spikes to slow them as you make a safe getaway with leap and void assault and you still have heavy damage from taste their fear.
In ranked play Kha'Zix is one of the highest banned champions with a 70% ban rate. While playing in solo queue kha'zix will be your best friend, he has high damage and extreemly high 1v1 or 1v2 potential. As kha an early game advantage in kills can take you huge distances in any match. If you constantly have problems with "elo hell" kha'zix could be your easy way out. I love kha because of his high burst damage and huge potential when he catches you alone. As a giant scary bud I have had the ability to carry even the stupidist teams to victory. In ranked matches you may want to be more careful than regular matches, ranked players, the higher elo you get, will be alot better at countering and knowing how to handle kha. Play it safe and only go in on an enemy champion when you know that you can secure the kill.
While playing kha'zixit can sometimes be hard to get into the mentality of only going in on weak targets. For instance some of the worst things you can do is jump into the middle of a teamfight and try to kill people without dying. for one you will most likely die and two you will get no more than a few assists on most occasions. While playing it is best to pick one enemy (not the tank) hiding out behind the rest of his/her team during the teamfight, at this point you will jump over the fight itself and kill the person hiding out, after that you can easily just jump back to safety. When it comes to the laning phase you need to be more passive-aggresive until you get your The Bloodthirster, after The Bloodthirster is at full stacks i would suggest trying to lure the enemy away from minions and other things, such as walking into lane at about half health and baiting him into the bush where you can do enough damage with you Taste Their Fear to both kill him and lifesteal your way back to full health.
P.S. If you read that entire boring rant i just went on then thank you you're obviously dedicated to being the best player you can be.
|Thank you all for reading and i hope you enjoyed this guide to the wonderful world of OP kha'zix, This is my first guide and I spent hours on it so I hope you guys enjoyed. Any criticism and critiquing would be greatly appreciated. This build will be updated and changed as the game updates and I hope you guys will keep with my builds to stay up to date. See you in the rift summoners and always remember, OP KHA IS OP.|