Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
I have been playing League of Legends for a good 5 - 6 months and have played almost every single champion Riot has to offer, Renekton really appeals to me because of his lethality. Renekton is one of the few champions I like in league of legends, I have been playing Renekton since Riot released him, I have yet to stop or not have fun with him. More times then not, I decimate the enemy players with this build. I hope you enjoy and use my build for your gaming pleasure.
Renekton's an interesting champion, his mid/late game is very dependent on how you do on your early game, that's why I personally like to play it safe until I get my ultimate unless I have a champion like Zilean or a champion who can do very well early game to carry me. For example, one game I laned with a Nunu who's early game was great, and at level 3 we got first blood and at level 5 we got a second kill. In turn this made my mid/late game amazing, I went 17/0/16. Another example is I played a game with a Master Yi, we gave the other team first blood at 3 minutes and 4 more kills before we even hit level 10, mostly because of the lack of early game survivability. Which in turn made my mid game and late game horrible, I went 5/7/9 and we surrendered 30 minutes in.
The rune build I use for Renekton is a very offensive style, if you're more conservative, Renekton is probably not your type of champion.
1. Greater Mark of Desolation x9 - Obviously for more damage, especially early game.
2. Greater Seal of Evasion x9 - I like having the dodge seals for a better chance at staying alive during a conflict.
3. Greater Glyph of Critical Chance x5 and Greater Glyph of Critical Damage x4 - I like having the extra critical strike chance and damage for early game.
4. Greater Quintessence of Health x3 - The extra health for early game is amazing for first blood or just surviving until you get your ultimate.
Pros / Cons
1. Renekton can be a ridiculously over powered champion if played correctly.
2. His mid and Late game can be so powerful he can start to 3 - 4 shot people.
3. His itemization is very easy to follow, usually Attack Damage/Attack Speed or Critical Strike/Attack Speed.
1. His early game can be horrid if with a bad lane partner or bad map awareness (like every other champion :P).
2. He is very squishy most of the game, which is why I get life steal items.
Masteries - Why these?
Offensive - I take the obviously route in damage for boost in damage through physical damage, I also got the cooldown reduction in there as well, it helps with having Dominus up for teams fights/being able to spam your ability more often.
Defensive - Why go into defensive you ask? I found that with that dodge seals, the speed boost is significantly better than just 1 gold every 10 seconds/health regeneration.
- I find that having the extra life steal keeps me alive longer than any other first item/potion(s).
2. - I get the CD reduction boots over the attack speed boots so I can spam my abilities more often rather then just a tiny attack speed boost.
3. - I turn my Vampiric Scepter into a Wriggle's Lantern for the easy kills on minions and a good amount of life steal/armor/attack damage/vision ward.
4. Your fourth item depends on what you feel would be better.
4.1 - In the case of The Black Cleaver you get some additional attack speed/attack damage plus the armor reduction on attack.
4.2 - I personally prefer the Bloodthirster because of the additional attack damage/life steal on kills.
5. - Phantom Dancer is one of the better items for Renekton, the movement speed/attack speed/critical chance is amazing.
6. - Infinity edge is amazing at this point because of the amount of critical chance/attack damage. Infinity Edge is one of your best items, mainly because of the critical damage increase.
7. - Double Phantom Dancers is ridiculous because of the insane increase of attack speed and critical chance on top of having Infinity Edge.
Lane Partners/Team Fights
When it comes to Renekton's role in a team fight, he is a champion who catches up to someone trying to run away, stuns them and then the rest of the team or the lane partner catches up and kills the player. In the case of who is good to lane with Renekton, taunting champions are an amazing combo with Renekton, stuns are second best because stuns couple very well with Renekton's insane damage/stun ability, especially with 50 fury. Slows are pretty good but not nearly as good as taunts and/or stuns but can do very well anyway. Renekton is very dependent on his lane parter, I've attempted to do a 2v1 lane with Rekenton but his lane presence early game isn't too good, with the coming patch, it should improve by a large amount.
The Summoner Spells I use :
1. Ghost - I use ghost because it makes it so I don't have to waste Slice and Dice to catch someone rather than to kill them faster with it.
2. Exhaust - I personally love exhaust, even with it's change, it makes my job of catching up to them much easier.
Other spells I would use :
1. Flash - Flash would also be a good choice of a summoner spell just to catch up or run away.
2. Heal - I would also use heal seeing how Renekton's abilities cost nothing and how squishy he is.
3. Ignite - Ignite would also be another good choice to help get kills faster/finishing blows.
4. Cleanse - Cleanse would be good if you're going against a team that is heavy with crowd control so you can cleanse ---> Dominus away.
5. Teleport - I would use teleport if I didn't use Ghost, but teleport wouldn't really help me catch anyone like Ghost would.
Spells I would ABSOLUTELY not use :
1. Revive - I find Revive only useful for Twister Fate just to get the person who killed you.
2. Clairvoyance - Not too great seeing how you already have Wriggle's Lantern for scouting.
3. Clarity - For obviously reasons, Renekton's does not use mana.
4. Rally I find rally isn't a good summoner spell unless you're specialized for it, and it still isn't that great.
5. Fortify - I would only use Fortify as a support champion.
When it comes to Renekton's skill sequence, it's very prioritized after level 3.
Level 1 - Cull the Meak
2 - Ruthless Predator
3 - Slice and Dice
After level three, the priority for skills is :
2. Ruthless Predator
3. Cull the Meak
4. Slice and Dice
When it comes to killing people as Renekton, the way I open up on people goes :
Slice and dice towards them if ghost isn't up, otherwise ghost to them with Ruthless Predator ready with 50 fury, get the stun off, pop Dominus, Cull the Meak, if the player is still alive, Slice and Dice to keep up with them/auto attack them until Ruthless predator is up. More times then not, they are already dead but otherwise rinse and repeat.
Renekton is a very squishy champion but can have amazing potential if you know what you're doing, and through this guide, you should know how to bash people's skulls into the ground. Please leave a comment on what you thought about my guide, even if it's negative or just a friendly suggestion.