Renekton Build Guide by Lucky11
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
Introduction - Renekton - The Butcher of the Sands
Hello! I'm Lucky11 and this is my (first) guide about Renekton. Enjoy and thanks for comments & rating!
On a faraway world, Renekton was born a member of a race of bestial guardians created to serve as the rulers and protectors of their people. Alongside his brother Nasus, Renekton oversaw the upkeep of the Great Library, which served as both a vault of ancient knowledge and the repository of the teachings of the Cycle of Life and Death. While the enlightened Nasus taught those scholars who came to study, Renekton served as the Great Library's gatekeeper. He could sense the true natures of those who sought Nasus' teachings, and he sent away those with dark ambitions. Over time, however, his repeated exposure to this evil infected his mind. He grew furious with the malevolence in the hearts of men, and as he descended deeper into madness, he discovered he could quell the fury by cutting the evil from the men who possessed it. Unfortunately, the relief was as short-lived as the subjects, and the ''butcher's rage'', as it came to be known, would resurge even stronger.
Consumed by his anger, Renekton turned on the one being who could defeat him -- his own brother. Nasus pleaded with Renekton to see reason. Realizing that he was beyond redemption, the despondent Nasus valiantly struck down his wayward sibling. Defenseless, Renekton waited eagerly for death's release. It never came. He was spared when summoners from the League of Legends claimed his brother. Caught in the wake of this powerful spell, Renekton tumbled for what seemed like ages between realities. When he finally emerged, he fell deep into the sewers of Zaun. Insane with fury, Renekton languished in his newfound home, driven senseless by his rage. That is until, by happenstance, he caught a familiar scent in the air. Believing that the familiar scent would guide him to the solace that was fading from his memory, he traced his brother to the Institute of War.
''My brother has become hollow. Full of rage, but empty.'' -- Nasus, the Curator of the Sands.
Pros / Cons
+ Great in late games
+ Very nice ultimate
+ No mana
+ Nice passive
+ Fury bonus
+ Awsome farmer
+ Pretty much health
- Squishy in early game
- Has no range abilities
- Has no special defensive powers like
Other runes you can try
You can try all of this if you don't like my recommended runes.
|greater mark of desolation - I think this is a great option vs Mordekaiser and others with anti ad runes
greater seal of defense - I think it's better vs an ad carry, depends by late game / early game power and how you and your helpmate play on lane.
- Very good in early game.
- needs cooldown so I think this rune is much better than Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
- You can try also this rune. Is good anti ap carry, off tanks.. Like Singed, Teemo, Jax etc.
- Why per level runes? I like this runes because you have to resist until you get level 9. At this level you get all the power! Let's do math: 0.25*9=2.25 ! You don't need Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage ;) just if you want to be strong in early game!
- Renekton is a melee DPS fighter, you can use this
- It's a very good choice for early games (-9 lvl)
- I always wanted to escape more quickly from the stronger enemies so, i think the good point in utility is given to Improved Recall
- 3 x + give a nice 7.5% bonus damage!!
- Why i need to point Summoner's Wrath and Summoner's Insight ? Gives nice bonuses to your spells.
- You'll fell the power of the offensive masteries in team fights
I choose 25 in offensive because i think the crocodile is the best if plays agressive.
I prefer the blade.. It gives health, life steal and damage. Nice! :)
Anti AD items
Anti AP items
Other items you can buy
I'll recommend you maxing Q in early game. This ability gives you a pretty nice heal and damage.
| A great spell for early game and late game if if you're against: Tryndamere ( + ) or
| Good vs AD champs. Can be used in team fights or when you are ganked :)
| Flash is a good spell for escaping..
| Don't use smite. You are not a jungler.
| It's a pretty good spell, works good in team fights.
| I don't recommend that. You need to play aggressive.
Creeping / Jungling with Renekton
The most important things in jungling:
Crest of the Ancient Golem
Blessing of the Lizard Elder
Crest of Crushing Wrath
Crest of Nature's Fury
Crest of Flowing Water
As i said, you are not a jungler, but you can try red ( Blessing of the Lizard Elder ) after lvl 3 and help your mid laner to get those two buffs from enemies junglers.
Try to leash:
And try to kill quickly and not die at:
*Leashing is when someone other than the jungler attacks blue/red and runs away to aid the jungler.
- Teemo ~ Is acting like a ward, nice ulti. Great vs ad/ap. GOOD.
- Sona ~ Very useful with her heals, ulti.
- Lulu ~ Can silence enemies, nice support.
- Morgana - Can save you with her Black Shield
Try to slice and dice back and when you slice try to use Cull the Meek & Ruthless Predator.
sight ward and save your life.
The image shows where you and your team should put Sight Ward / Vision Ward.
- Purple: To protect your jungler.
- Orange: For protection. (baron/dragon)
- Blue: To hunt the enemy jungle.
My tips and tricks
> > and if you need to escape or finish the enemy faster, use ulti. In team fights Dominus can scare enemies or make them go away.
- Always get the red buff. ( Blessing of the Lizard Elder )
Why do I need cooldown?
For Renekton cooldown reduction is necessary cause allow him to use his Fury and abilities more quickly so, use this in his advantage.
Summary - few words and some music
Guide edited in 7/18/2012 & 7/19/2012